George Russell 0 0%
Mick Schumacher 1 2.56%
Nikita Mazepin 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 May 2021, 10:27 (Ref:4049164)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Portuguese Grand Prix 2021

Who gets it for you?
Old 2 May 2021, 15:46 (Ref:4049211)   #2
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Lewis. Had to overtake Max and Bottas for the win, manage his tyres behind Bottas while trying to keep a gap to Max...pretty impressive balancing act
Old 2 May 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4049214)   #3
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Was Lando Norris on mediums or hards for the final stint? If he was on mediums, then that is seriously impressive, and he gets my vote. If not, I will go with Esteban Ocon, with Lando a close second missing out due to qualifying. Hamilton was the driver of the race (if Norris was on hards), but I vote based on the whole weekend and Hamilton was outqualified by Bottas.

Shout out to Mick Schumacher too. Beat Latifi's Williams, and beat Mazepin by over a minute.
Old 2 May 2021, 16:10 (Ref:4049217)   #4
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
If anyone’s wondering why there was no ‘official’ driver of the day, Reddit users voted em mass and gave 90% of the vote to Mazespin

I’m not even joking lol....
Old 2 May 2021, 16:14 (Ref:4049221)   #5
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
If anyone’s wondering why there was no ‘official’ driver of the day, Reddit users voted em mass and gave 90% of the vote to Mazespin

Ugh. What idiots, pointlessly ruining the vote. It's not even like it hasn't been done before (Australia 2016, the first race of the official driver of the day).
Old 2 May 2021, 16:18 (Ref:4049222)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Norris.
Old 2 May 2021, 16:30 (Ref:4049225)   #7
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post

The official website lists the Driver of the Day as Sergio Perez:

1 Sergio Perez
2 Lewis Hamilton
3 Max Verstappen
4 Daniel Ricciardo
5 Fernando Alonso
Old 2 May 2021, 16:30 (Ref:4049226)   #8
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Norris but how about Ocon and Alonso.
Old 2 May 2021, 16:48 (Ref:4049232)   #9
BTCC frog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The official website lists the Driver of the Day as Sergio Perez:

1 Sergio Perez
2 Lewis Hamilton
3 Max Verstappen
4 Daniel Ricciardo
5 Fernando Alonso
I don't get it. How can the majority of F1 fans vote Perez as the driver of the day, while the likes of Lando Norris and Esteban Ocon don't even make the top five? Unless it is a vote on who can be left out on the same set of tyres for the longest (and clearly that wasn't a strategic move to get Perez the best possible result, it was to slow Hamilton down), I don't see how Perez can be Driver of the Day.
Old 2 May 2021, 16:52 (Ref:4049235)   #10
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I gave it to Lando.
Old 2 May 2021, 17:01 (Ref:4049241)   #11
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder what went wrong with Bottas engine if something really went wrong.
Old 2 May 2021, 17:03 (Ref:4049244)   #12
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hambone. Didn't drive the perfect race (as in on pole, out first, lights to flag) but had enough nouse to exploit the weaknesses of his opponents.
Old 2 May 2021, 17:04 (Ref:4049246)   #13
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I wonder what went wrong with Bottas engine if something really went wrong.
It was an exhaust temperature sensor that was malfunctioning. The engine management was reducing power to compensate, until a bypass was selected.
Old 2 May 2021, 17:06 (Ref:4049247)   #14
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Ho, merci beaucoup pour l'information, crmalcolm. Petite cause, grand effet n'est-ce pas?
Old 2 May 2021, 17:56 (Ref:4049253)   #15
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post

Shout out to Mick Schumacher too. Beat Latifi's Williams, and beat Mazepin by over a minute.
Excellent by Schumacher in beating Latifi.

Mazepin seemed to lose most of his time, relative to Schumacher, in being lapped. He seems very nervous when the leaders approach, and the Perez moment wouldn't have helped (I think Perez should have been a little smarter at the point, but hey ho).

In about 3 laps he seemed to drop 30 seconds to Schumacher whilst being lapped.

Being lapped without losing time is a skill that not a lot of young drivers have. I rememner Anthony Davidson coming to a stop whilst being lapped in a Minardi at the Hungaroring back in the day. He literally stopped on the inside approaching a corner.
Old 2 May 2021, 20:30 (Ref:4049271)   #16
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I voted Hamilton. Good drive, overtaking the best of the rest.

Honourable mentions to Ocon, Ricciardo, Norris and nice to see Schumacher having a battle.
Old 2 May 2021, 20:44 (Ref:4049276)   #17
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where the heck did that pace come from? Anger!? Alonso gets my vote for a comeback drive that was amazing.

Maybe I as a McLaren fan should vote for Lando, as that was a stellar drive, but I kind of expect him to shine like that!

Also an anti-vote for the Russian mobster's son who is a disgrace to the sport and should not even be in that car.
Old 2 May 2021, 21:13 (Ref:4049286)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton. 'Nuff said.
Old 3 May 2021, 03:43 (Ref:4049321)   #19
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis with kudos to Max and Alonso.
Old 3 May 2021, 09:00 (Ref:4049344)   #20
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Checo, very good qualifying and race from him, shows he's the right choice
Old 3 May 2021, 09:46 (Ref:4049359)   #21
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Going to give this one to Alonso, he seems to be finally getting to grips with the car and getting the best out of what is car that is not really very good
Old 3 May 2021, 18:16 (Ref:4049475)   #22
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hamilton. Not a perfect weekend, but he made up for the hiccups with some superb driving.
Old 4 May 2021, 09:31 (Ref:4049567)   #23
52Paddy
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
52Paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton drove well of course but I voted for Ocon. Having not followed the 2020 season, my last memory of Ocon was in being disappointed that he didn't get a seat in 2019 after his promising 2018 season. I expected to see more fire in the belly and was reminded of that potential yesterday.

Hats off also to Alonso, Norris, Max and Checo.
Old 6 May 2021, 17:17 (Ref:4050097)   #24
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit late to the party but I don't think there's much competition for Hamilton here...
Old 8 May 2021, 17:15 (Ref:4050366)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hamilton. Ocon and Norris the other candidates but it was no contest really.