Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Feb 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1233450)   #1
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SPA LMES Entries

The list has just been revealed by the LMES organization: http://www.planetlemans.com/index.ph...d=722&Itemid=1

50 cars to be expected but both Audi and Nasamax are not on the list yet! 50 cars -- wow this will be an awesome season opener...
Old 23 Feb 2005, 12:56 (Ref:1233460)   #2
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Merge if needed - but Big John Nielsen in "works" Zytek. Might have missed a previous post, but first I've heard. Excellent news.

Lister not down for the full season - again, this is new to me.

and confirmation of 2no. Belmondo Vipers. Its a massive effort from him this year with his P2 cars as well
Old 23 Feb 2005, 13:04 (Ref:1233469)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Spa's poster...

Old 23 Feb 2005, 13:07 (Ref:1233470)   #4
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj79
Lister not down for the full season - again, this is new to me.
I hope to see these guys in the other races too -- at least to get the chasis to the level to get other interested in it. The black monster looks so cool!

Last edited by vandijk; 23 Feb 2005 at 13:07.
Old 23 Feb 2005, 13:10 (Ref:1233477)   #5
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No Nasamax, no Jim Gainer Dome, no Pescarolo Judd, no Oreca Audi........
Old 23 Feb 2005, 13:13 (Ref:1233480)   #6
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Interesting to see two A-Level Porsches, and Paul Belmondo running four cars. JMB running two Ferraris in the LMES and two Maseratis in the FIA GT Championship is also a big challenge.
Old 23 Feb 2005, 13:16 (Ref:1233481)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Henri will present the Pescarolo the 2nd of April ; the Oreca Team should also secure its sponsorship...

More to come IMHO, except if the very well informed persons say the contrary...
Old 23 Feb 2005, 13:38 (Ref:1233490)   #8
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
The Dome was not yet homologated right?
Old 23 Feb 2005, 13:55 (Ref:1233498)   #9
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
theres a lot missing to this list right now.

like, what about the Tracsport Courage? the WR?, the 2nd Gforce Pilbeam ,

GT1 looks strong though.. glad to see that, but LMP1 looks pretty weak as of now. Im sure Nasamax, Dome, and Oreca would be on this list soon! (i hope!)
Old 23 Feb 2005, 13:58 (Ref:1233502)   #10
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandijk
The Dome was not yet homologated right?
Right.

As there's no obligation for the teams to enter so soon, I assume some are waiting until April...
Old 23 Feb 2005, 13:58 (Ref:1233504)   #11
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have you guys spotted this? Why used pic of the Audi that does not strictly speaking "exist" for this season? Strange...this is unless Veloqx is planning a secret come back...
Old 23 Feb 2005, 14:01 (Ref:1233510)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Merge if needed - but Big John Nielsen in "works" Zytek. Might have missed a previous post, but first I've heard. Excellent news
Surprising for me too ! I must have miss something...

Good news anyway ! And with the missing cars to come... the start's picture at Eau Rouge will be unmissable !
Old 23 Feb 2005, 14:02 (Ref:1233511)   #13
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and also, the 2 Nash Saleens are listed for Spa only!? on their website, they have the full LMES schedule (and have previously announced that they will run the full lmes)

after looking at list some more, no Cirtek Courage, or no Cirtek Ferraris in GT2!!!! (but there is the Cirtek 550 in GT1),,,
Old 23 Feb 2005, 14:02 (Ref:1233513)   #14
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryC
Have you guys spotted this? Why used pic of the Audi that does not strictly speaking "exist" for this season? Strange...this is unless Veloqx is planning a secret come back...
Reward for last year's commitement, and encouraging them to come back... not more IMHO
Old 23 Feb 2005, 14:04 (Ref:1233518)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Funny how we spot the missing cars instead of the confirmed entries
Old 23 Feb 2005, 14:06 (Ref:1233521)   #16
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Strange, I thought, that Cirtek's 550 will run under the "Russian Age Racing" banner in FIA GTs, yet for the LMES is listed under "Convers" - will Rob Schirle make his mind up?!
Old 23 Feb 2005, 14:29 (Ref:1233541)   #17
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Strange, Martin Short is driving in the Judd powered Dallara and not in the Nissan powered. Do they have some doubts about this engine?
Old 23 Feb 2005, 14:36 (Ref:1233545)   #18
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Merge if needed - but Big John Nielsen in "works" Zytek. Might have missed a previous post, but first I've heard. Excellent news.
Some on the lmsr.net forum mentioned that a works Zytek team would come to LMES; they also applied for a Le Mans entry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteburton
Im not sure what Arena think they are doing but it does seem very strange - Johansson isnt even free for Le Mans! He is driving elsewhere.

Secondly i think you may all be surprised, what you are not seeing is that a certain Mr Gibson who owns Zytek is a bit annoyed at Creation for going with a certain Mr Judd. From what i hear he is going to Le Mans in order to show Creation what a big mistake they have made. Further more Zytek are now going to do this is in every LMES race to stop Creation.....

Not only this but to say that Jota could carry the race is crazy, they use "weekend" drivers and do not have anywhere near the commitment of the Zytek team. Im telling you now, Zytek will be there!!

Good bit of rivalry should make for some good racing.

Rumours of Danish drivers in the Zytek too........
source: http://lmsr.net/chatsite/

Last edited by gwyllion; 23 Feb 2005 at 14:36.
Old 23 Feb 2005, 15:01 (Ref:1233560)   #19
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
The Rollcentre decision struck me as odd, too. I thought that Short and Barbosa were going to be in the Nissan-engined car, with three pay drivers in the Judd. But maybe there are reliability worries.
Old 23 Feb 2005, 15:08 (Ref:1233569)   #20
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't write off Jota in that fashion... Sam Hignett and the new Japanese signing can take it to pretty much anyone in that car I think, both seriously quick... and their level of preperation is very impressive... I think they will surprise this year.

And I also doubt Zytek will find the money to show up.

Cheers
RickP
Old 23 Feb 2005, 15:19 (Ref:1233575)   #21
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's really nice to see... João Barbosa (GB) ???

It hurts...
Old 23 Feb 2005, 15:25 (Ref:1233585)   #22
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote from Fab: "Funny how we spot the missing cars instead of the confirmed entries"

Excellent point Fab. This is a great entry list, which will get a bit better before race day. No reason to complain IMO. The LMES will get off to a great start in 2005.
Old 23 Feb 2005, 15:27 (Ref:1233586)   #23
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very interesting Zytek info Gwyllion, thanks for posting it.

If that all pans out as described there will be real fireworks. Handbags between Zytek and Creation? Sounds like a lot of fun to me. Let's hope it lives up to the billing.
Old 23 Feb 2005, 15:30 (Ref:1233589)   #24
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickP:Clio51
Don't write off Jota in that fashion... Sam Hignett and the new Japanese signing can take it to pretty much anyone in that car I think, both seriously quick... and their level of preperation is very impressive... I think they will surprise this year.
The only "odd" move is for the tyres, Michelin to Dunlop...
Old 23 Feb 2005, 15:32 (Ref:1233591)   #25
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Excellent point Fab. This is a great entry list, which will get a bit better before race day. No reason to complain IMO. The LMES will get off to a great start in 2005.
If, in November 2003, we could have imagine what the LMES were to become in 2005, I would have "signed" immediately