Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 31 Jul 2020, 15:22 (Ref:3991890)   #1
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands Hatch 1st/2nd Aug

Busy programme this weekend with strong grids for CTRC, Endurance, sports prototypes and tin tops galore. Super entry for the thunder saloons, going tp get warm out there
Old 31 Jul 2020, 16:21 (Ref:3991902)   #2
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And with one of the best commentators in the UK at the moment, Josh Barrett.

Looking forward to a good weekend of racing.
Old 31 Jul 2020, 18:46 (Ref:3991938)   #3
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to this. As said a cracking entry. Looks quite a race in the Proto Cup with 5 or 6 pros racing which should be a watch.

Enjoy all!
Old 31 Jul 2020, 20:58 (Ref:3991963)   #4
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
And with one of the best commentators in the UK at the moment, Josh Barrett.

Looking forward to a good weekend of racing.
Yep, Josh does his homework and is quick to identify car and driver, no idea how he does it, but he calls them accurately every time!
Old 31 Jul 2020, 21:01 (Ref:3991965)   #5
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also really looking forward to this one as I like the mix of racing that the BARC/CTCRC produce. All set up and ready to go - Dart Charge account topped up, season ticket checked as being in the driver's door pocket of the car and tank of diesel purchased.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 22:46 (Ref:3992181)   #6
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://youtu.be/pula--gGhzk

Onboard the BMW that was involved in the startline incident for race 2 today for the Endurance. Seemed to be a common theme today of people not checking mirros on the start straight.

Great day, cracking Thunder Saloon race, 3 abreast across the line was awesome. One of the best scraps at the front for a while, couldnt stop smiling throughout. Very odd to see a Standard mostly Ford Anglia in the same race as a 7 litre Holden Monaro, bonkers.

Hope all enjoyed and was great to have a youthful voice doing the comms work. Different sort of way to the more older comms around.

All for 12 quid online. Crazy.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 22:54 (Ref:3992182)   #7
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post

Onboard the BMW that was involved in the startline incident for race 2 today for the Endurance. Seemed to be a common theme today of people not checking mirros on the start straight.

Great day, cracking Thunder Saloon race, 3 abreast across the line was awesome. One of the best scraps at the front for a while, couldnt stop smiling throughout. Very odd to see a Standard mostly Ford Anglia in the same race as a 7 litre Holden Monaro, bonkers.

Hope all enjoyed and was great to have a youthful voice doing the comms work. Different sort of way to the more older comms around.

All for 12 quid online. Crazy.
Agree it was a great days racing.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 15:52 (Ref:3992421)   #8
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post

Bob Bullen in the Anglia had tried to enter with the classics but was ruled out because his car is dry sumped. As he is local to the track and with limited races this year the only race that he could do was the Thunder Saloons and just wanted to have a drive knowing that he would be at the back.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Aug 2020, 17:45 (Ref:3992483)   #9
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Bob Bullen in the Anglia had tried to enter with the classics but was ruled out because his car is dry sumped. As he is local to the track and with limited races this year the only race that he could do was the Thunder Saloons and just wanted to have a drive knowing that he would be at the back.
Thanks for the info.
Old 3 Aug 2020, 06:55 (Ref:3992629)   #10
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He did well, he wasn’t the slowest out there.
Old 3 Aug 2020, 09:11 (Ref:3992656)   #11
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
He did well, he wasn’t the slowest out there.
Considering that he was on his series control tyres and most were on slicks he did well !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Aug 2020, 10:22 (Ref:3992673)   #12
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I went on Saturday - great day of racing I thought and a nice mix of cars (not a big fan of the Radical type things but one duff grid is ok ). I don't think I've seen quite so many cars hit the pit wall in one day though - rusty drivers?

Social distacing seemed to be be stuck to pretty well I thought - there was one bloke that clearly didn't get it (and looked exactly how you'd picture such a person if you were asked) so he could be easily avoided. I'd imagine a BTCC meeting would be significantly busier even with restricted ticketing so the pinch points would be more of an issue but on the whole I was able to stay in my own bubble quite easily.

Should also mention one of the drivers in the Camo liveried Praga - Martyn Compton - if you don't know his background just do a quick Google search. The fact he's alive is a miracle in itself so it's great to see him out competing and doing well.
Old 3 Aug 2020, 13:59 (Ref:3992711)   #13
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I went on Saturday - great day of racing I thought and a nice mix of cars (not a big fan of the Radical type things but one duff grid is ok ). I don't think I've seen quite so many cars hit the pit wall in one day though - rusty drivers?

Social distacing seemed to be be stuck to pretty well I thought - there was one bloke that clearly didn't get it (and looked exactly how you'd picture such a person if you were asked) so he could be easily avoided. I'd imagine a BTCC meeting would be significantly busier even with restricted ticketing so the pinch points would be more of an issue but on the whole I was able to stay in my own bubble quite easily.

Should also mention one of the drivers in the Camo liveried Praga - Martyn Compton - if you don't know his background just do a quick Google search. The fact he's alive is a miracle in itself so it's great to see him out competing and doing well.
I must admit Saturday was the better day tbf, its a shame Britcar finish off their races in one day although I understand why. Some very good racing even the pe83’s who barely made 10 entries had a very good race on the Saturday.
Old 3 Aug 2020, 18:14 (Ref:3992754)   #14
abw
Rookie

England
Northampton
abw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to https://www.freesports.tv/tv-schedule.html CTCRC are due to have a highlights programme on FreeSports at 5pm 16th August.
Old 3 Aug 2020, 18:29 (Ref:3992759)   #15
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
I really enjoyed my Saturday at Brands. The Classic Thunder and Britcar Endurance races had really good fields, some great and unusual cars. Those Pragas!

Gorgeous weather, an open and free Paddock Hill grandstand (with immaculate social distancing so far as I could see), non-stop action with good fields. A terrific day.
Old 3 Aug 2020, 18:56 (Ref:3992763)   #16
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I really enjoyed my Saturday at Brands.
Second that, what an eclectic mix of cars! Seriously impressed with Bob Bullen's Anglia in a field of cars with so much grunt he cartainly didn't shame himself. The Pragas are serious pieces of kit in the right hands but I'm afraid Phil Abbot's Revolution cars are butt ugly to me.
Well done to MSV and the BARC for a grand day out. Next stop Thruxton.
Old 11 Aug 2020, 22:51 (Ref:3994853)   #17
andy robinson
Racer

United Kingdom
cramlington, northumberland
andy robinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great weekend loved every minute of it