Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 8 Oct 2001, 13:23 (Ref:157456)   #151
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well, me, ruth, john, lizardking from the dark side and minardi fan had a cracking night last night (apart from getting home at 2am... whoops...), and really for that matter the whole weekend was cracking. even the whole standing in the rain thing was great fun ('SUPERGRAN!'). squelching around in shoes with an inch deep puddle of water in and jeans and a fleece that were dripping wet was not fun. trying to work out how the hell to get the caravelle out of the field was fun (to those anonymous 6 people who helped me out - thank you ).

dave and lorna, honestly. you don't know what you miseed last night....

roll on 2002!
Old 8 Oct 2001, 17:22 (Ref:157539)   #152
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I could have changed my legs for someone else's to enable me to stand up all that time, I would have gladly stayed! It's a shame the rain and the wind meant packing away tents because I was well looking forward to drinking Harp all night (hmmm, yes, there was such a wide selection of drinks!!!) and crashing in tent in drunken state last night. Glad you guys had a good time. I got to see the people I wanted to before I went anyway (with the exception of Paul O'Neil and Tom Boardman).

Was good to see you again Tim D. I think the best way to have describe how soaked my clothes were after the feature race is that jumping in a lake wouldn't have made any difference!

Now, I need to speak to Invader and John B&Q about their dancing styles... words escape me at the moment apart from a warning to everyone - If you feel like taking those guys out to a nightclub and want some dignity.... DON'T!
Old 8 Oct 2001, 18:30 (Ref:157591)   #153
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems I missed another major drinking session with a motor race thrown in as well.

It was just the Spain trip was a bit hellish and as you all know I don't do rain.

Looking forward to 2002, however I maybe commuting from Spain by then.

Simon
Old 8 Oct 2001, 18:50 (Ref:157608)   #154
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well, john certainly managed to get me and ruth and mark out on the dancefloor flailing limbs energetically. and if we're going to criticise dancing styles, i can think of a few production drivers who lack a little coordination on the dancefloor

got soaked through again today as the raincloud continued to stalk me. unlike the rest of cambridge running for cover like a bunch of crazed maniacs, i trudged through the rain knowing perfectly well from lessons learnt yesterday that resistance is indeed, futile.
Old 8 Oct 2001, 19:04 (Ref:157623)   #155
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Simon, rain or no rain, how could you miss the final round of the BTCC??? Nobody who saw us opposite the pitlane waiting for the feature race to start could ever try to claim that the rain was ruining our day.
Anyway, you missed things like this

Old 8 Oct 2001, 19:11 (Ref:157631)   #156
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
and the airhorns, just about all of us had one
Old 8 Oct 2001, 19:20 (Ref:157639)   #157
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Simon, rain or no rain, how could you miss the final round of the BTCC??? Nobody who saw us opposite the pitlane waiting for the feature race to start could ever try to claim that the rain was ruining our day.
It is quite easy really, wake up with slight hangover, look out window see rain. So is it muddy fields and that damp all day feeling (After 3 days of 21 deg heat) or back to bed and Donny on the TV in front of the fire in the afternoon ?

Sorry babe I am a greenhouse flower that likes warmth not rain.

Glad you all had fun anyway. Maybe next year all in Valencia to see the Spanish tourers and stay at my place.

Simon
Old 8 Oct 2001, 19:24 (Ref:157644)   #158
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't decide.....errrrr......oh, go on then!
Old 8 Oct 2001, 22:58 (Ref:157821)   #159
Lorna
Veteran

Oh cool! We'll remember that invitation for next year Simon!
Old 9 Oct 2001, 00:10 (Ref:157849)   #160
BAR Babe
Racer

BAR Babe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
well, john certainly managed to get me and ruth and mark out on the dancefloor flailing limbs energetically. and if we're going to criticise dancing styles, i can think of a few production drivers who lack a little coordination on the dancefloor

Um. do you have to remind me? my legs still hurt! I must say dancing style must be the least wanting to be talked about subject from that hanger. (not) especially the girl who was flailling her bum arround like it was some kind of weapon. she did look as if she was doing the funky chicken at one point. (no idea who she was.)

Quote:
got soaked through again today as the raincloud continued to stalk me. unlike the rest of cambridge running for cover like a bunch of crazed maniacs, i trudged through the rain knowing perfectly well from lessons learnt yesterday that resistance is indeed, futile.
why oh why is my life so life yours bels? - replace cambridge with Beccles (what a hub of activity in comparison....not!)
Old 9 Oct 2001, 11:49 (Ref:157979)   #161
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Lorna
Now, I need to speak to Invader and John B&Q about their dancing styles... words escape me at the moment apart from a warning to everyone - If you feel like taking those guys out to a nightclub and want some dignity.... DON'T!
Come on, they are blokes after all! I have about 62 left feet as well, so don't expect me to dance, unless you want a good impression of "Where's me contact lens gone?", or "big fish, little fish, cardboard box".

Shame you had to disappear Tim and Carrie, but I fully understand! There were times during the feature race that I just wanted to crawl (squelch) back to the car or the bar, but I think I was frozen to the spot.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 18:03 (Ref:158129)   #162
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What can I say?!?! We may have been cold, wet and muddy, but what a brilliant weekend it was.

Sorry to those in the Kentagon who were inflicted with our 'karaoke'...

The highlight was probably before and after the feature race stood opposite the pits, the faces of numerous drivers and commentators - ("ALAN HYYYYYYYYYYYDE!" "IT'S DAN EAAAAAAAAAVES!") - were absolutely hilarious...

The foam party in the evening was also excellent (thanks for the pass John), shame about the Harp but it's not every night you get dived by Sporty Spice.

(Oh, and Dan said he very much appreciated our shouting. )

Invincible, your McDaniel woman... She dances like a crazy thing...

Last edited by Minardi fan; 9 Oct 2001 at 18:06.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 18:37 (Ref:158137)   #163
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

what a great weekend that was!!!!!

Im still recovering, mind you i did go out on wednesday and thursday and carried on through friday and saturday.

And our karaoke wasn't that bad was it Minardi??, well i didn't see people leaving anyway as we were doing it.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 18:37 (Ref:158139)   #164
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
it's not every night you boogie on down with james thompson either...

er, where did dawn mcdaniel go? she totally vanished once they got the foam machine going...

anyway. it appeared that the formula renault lads appreciated our enthusiasm too, which really was good too

all in all, despite the rain, it was a good weekend...
Old 9 Oct 2001, 19:13 (Ref:158162)   #165
BAR Babe
Racer

BAR Babe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*for once in her life BAR Babe remains silent on events surrounding sunday night*

Although i have been told off at work today SEVERAL times for daydreaming. WHOOPS!

Wonderful time. All above is unfortunatly true, Mf did sing in the Kentagon on Saturday night!!!!
So did Bella!!!

I didn't.
HA.

How an earth did you all manage to avoid that one?!

No use, looking forward to dreaming my way through work tomorrow!
Old 9 Oct 2001, 19:45 (Ref:158183)   #166
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally posted by BAR Babe
All above is unfortunatly true, Mf did sing in the Kentagon on Saturday night!!!!
So did Bella!!!
i did. well, i wailed. and the others weren't much better.
at least i didn't go back for a second go...
Old 9 Oct 2001, 19:49 (Ref:158186)   #167
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BAR Babe
Wonderful time. All above is unfortunatly true, Mf did sing in the Kentagon on Saturday night!!!!
So did Bella!!!
Singing? Wouldn't really call it that. It was fun, it was noisy, but it definitely wasn't singing. Don't think any of us could be accused of that!

Last edited by Paul Rayner; 9 Oct 2001 at 19:51.
Old 10 Oct 2001, 18:35 (Ref:158693)   #168
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fab weekend ........ see my post on the BTCC discussion it starts something like this..

Hi ya folks .... I think I have just recovered from the weekend.

Firstly my mobile is now working ...yippee.
Secondly is it really all over for the BTCC this year
Old 10 Oct 2001, 19:42 (Ref:158733)   #169
kaz
Rookie

kaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well what a weekend Brands was....

i remember now why i never went to the circuit at the start of the season.... was it the rain, wind, swamp-like mud? maybe yes!

but never-the-less Brands was good even though it was cold and miserable! (damn cold to prove it too)

I'm now a dan eaves fan, cause Minardi and me were going mad in the sprint race! like never before - sore throat! and thanks to everyone for making me welcome this season.

Hopefully see you all again very soon!

Kaz
Old 10 Oct 2001, 23:15 (Ref:158889)   #170
Lorna
Veteran

It was great to see you again, Kaz! Hope you and Paul have dried out okay!
Old 11 Oct 2001, 20:35 (Ref:159306)   #171
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kaz ...... please don't Brands weather put you off motor racing or the circuit itself ...

Just remind yourself of all the fun we had ... and lets hope it will be dry and sunny next year