Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Oct 2010, 08:49 (Ref:2781966)   #351
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems to me that the standard of performance in the top half of the field is so high that a couple of things going wrong cause people to call a performance "dire".

I suspect a more detailed analysis of lap times, even down to sector times would reveal that actual difference in speed around the race track is very small
Old 29 Oct 2010, 11:43 (Ref:2782032)   #352
rallycrosscraig
Racer

rallycrosscraig has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallycrosscraig View Post
Watched the race on catch up tv and replayed webbers accident a few times it looks like after his car hits the wall it rolls back across the track with wheels moving, so did his car lose its brakes after clattering into the wall or did he make a mistake by not braking hence taking Rosberg out?

I'm hoping Webber wins the title so this is not criticising him, just watching the replay it looks like that could have been avoided if he had the wheels locked up after impact.
just quoting myself from sunday, but now we have Berger and Rosberg also saying the same thing, just dont expect to see a car roll across the racing line like that with the wheels rolling.
Old 29 Oct 2010, 12:35 (Ref:2782061)   #353
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallycrosscraig View Post
just quoting myself from sunday, but now we have Berger and Rosberg also saying the same thing, just dont expect to see a car roll across the racing line like that with the wheels rolling.
Maybe he had already bounced out into the track a bit an thought it was better to keep rolling rather than stop in the middle. If Britney had aimed for the accident, it wouldn't have been there by the time he got there. Instead he aimed for an ever-decreasing gap. (Not intended as a criticism: if he hadn't got involved in Webber's accident, he might, just might, have won the race.)
Old 29 Oct 2010, 12:55 (Ref:2782075)   #354
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Interestingly, Lewis came 5th in 2008 when he became WDC and Jenson finished 5th in 2009, when he became WDC.
And both were powered by a Mercedes and used the #22. Spooky stuff.
Old 29 Oct 2010, 12:58 (Ref:2782079)   #355
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Extraordinary.
Old 29 Oct 2010, 19:36 (Ref:2782272)   #356
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Extraordinary.
Amazing !
Old 29 Oct 2010, 22:30 (Ref:2782353)   #357
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I cant tell if you guys are being sarcastic or not, haha.
Old 30 Oct 2010, 01:10 (Ref:2782388)   #358
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Interestingly, Lewis came 5th in 2008 when he became WDC and Jenson finished 5th in 2009, when he became WDC.
Hmmmm
Nick Heidfeld is car 22 so Nick to finish 5th on Sunday in Brazil....
Wheres my predictions list....
Old 30 Oct 2010, 23:41 (Ref:2782746)   #359
Speed-freak
Rookie

United Kingdom
uk
Speed-freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Hmmmm
Nick Heidfeld is car 22 so Nick to finish 5th on Sunday in Brazil....
Wheres my predictions list....
Heidfeld more likely to finish 22nd than 5th. Never understood how Nick has lasted so long in F1.
Old 31 Oct 2010, 09:15 (Ref:2782849)   #360
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well he is very good.

He spent a year with Webber in 2005 (who until recently had a chance of being champion) and completely destroyed him. Literally.
Old 31 Oct 2010, 13:27 (Ref:2782938)   #361
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Well he is very good.

He spent a year with Webber in 2005 (who until recently had a chance of being champion) and completely destroyed him. Literally.
I'm looking forward to reading that comment again in a couple of weeks when Webber is champion.
Old 31 Oct 2010, 15:48 (Ref:2782973)   #362
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lies, Alonso has this thing rolled up like a cinnamon bun.
Old 31 Oct 2010, 16:14 (Ref:2782984)   #363
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well he is very good.

What amused me was that Mark had the reputation of being one of the 'qualymeisters' of F1 at that time, and Nick has always been seen as a bit a disappointment in that aspect...... Yet Nick was the only Williams driver that year to win a pole position (2005 European GP at the Nurburgring)

Mark then promptly crashed out of that race at the first corner, whilst Nick went on to get his 2nd 2nd place podium of the year. Albeit 2nd was thanks to Kimi Raikkonen's famous exploding tyre / suspension on the last lap of the same race.)

Plus I have found Nick's pace surprisingly good in the Sauber.... despite not having driven the car or race in F1 for over a year and given that the full fuel weight difference and of course narrow front tyres they this year have had to use and get used to now he has mastered pretty well, certainly better than 'other F1 returnees' have, and has in terms of qualifying and results matched or been very close to Kobayashi, seen by most as being the real thing.

There is no doubt in my opinion, that Nick should be in F1 next year on talent alone.

Last edited by E.B; 31 Oct 2010 at 16:22.
Old 31 Oct 2010, 18:10 (Ref:2783052)   #364
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Heidfeld literally destroyed Webber?

Who put him back together again? Why wasn't Heidfeld prosecuted for it? Do you really understand the meaning of the word "literally"?
Old 31 Oct 2010, 19:12 (Ref:2783078)   #365
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post

Who put him back together again? Why wasn't Heidfeld prosecuted for it? Do you really understand the meaning of the word "literally"?
The use of the adverb literally, has literally more than one use.

Pronunciation:/ˈlɪt(ə)rəli/
adverb

• in a literal manner or sense; exactly:the driver took it literally when asked to go straight over the roundabout
    tiramisu, literally translated ‘pull-me-up’
  • informal used for emphasis while not being literally true:I have received literally thousands of letters

I think the posts here could be literal, or informal.
Old 31 Oct 2010, 22:35 (Ref:2783164)   #366
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This thread is going down, very funny.
Old 1 Nov 2010, 08:18 (Ref:2783258)   #367
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post

• Yes, literally
  • DC put him back together.
  • Heidfeld was fired by Williams near seasons end to prevent further humiliation.
  • I was being facetious.