Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Mar 2019, 15:09 (Ref:3889910)   #2001
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if i was a promoter i would hire BE as a consultant to negotiate my sanctioning fee.
Old 12 Mar 2019, 20:01 (Ref:3889969)   #2002
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
if i was a promoter i would hire BE as a consultant to negotiate my sanctioning fee.
He would probably find a way to give you a large bill plus extract a kickback from Liberty as well! In the end, it may cost you more!

Richard
Old 12 Mar 2019, 20:40 (Ref:3889978)   #2003
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
He would probably find a way to give you a large bill plus extract a kickback from Liberty as well! In the end, it may cost you more!

Richard
right!
Old 13 Mar 2019, 15:39 (Ref:3890137)   #2004
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wrote recently in the F1 on TV debate thread that it has been discovered that the average sanctioning fee is now US$30.4 million per year.

Having just considered that a bit more, I think that the figure must be heavily skewed downwards because, to the best of my knowledge, Monaco pays nothing to FOM for holding their annual event.

So, I wonder what the real figure is?
Old 13 Mar 2019, 16:03 (Ref:3890146)   #2005
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I wrote recently in the F1 on TV debate thread that it has been discovered that the average sanctioning fee is now US$30.4 million per year.

Having just considered that a bit more, I think that the figure must be heavily skewed downwards because, to the best of my knowledge, Monaco pays nothing to FOM for holding their annual event.

So, I wonder what the real figure is?
Having Monaco pay nothing doesn't skew the average that much. 21 x $30.4 million = about $638.4 million or so.

Excluding Monaco: $638.4/20 = $31.92 million -- the average is only about $1.5 million higher
Old 21 Mar 2019, 20:51 (Ref:3892534)   #2006
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Formula1.com piece (2 videos) on the new circuit in Hanoi Vietnam for 2020

Seems to be a bit like Singapore in that it has a purpose built section as well as street sections including a first corner complex that at first glance appears reminiscent of Oscherleben Turn 1...and that has been a crash fest over the years.
Old 21 Mar 2019, 21:40 (Ref:3892544)   #2007
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If the 2nd video has only just been made, it would suggest that they have a long way to go for a race that is supposed to be inaugurated in just a year's time.
Old 21 Mar 2019, 21:41 (Ref:3892545)   #2008
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Formula1.com piece (2 videos) on the new circuit in Hanoi Vietnam for 2020

Seems to be a bit like Singapore in that it has a purpose built section as well as street sections including a first corner complex that at first glance appears reminiscent of Oscherleben Turn 1...and that has been a crash fest over the years.
I don't understand why F1 needs a Vietnam GP? There is no grass roots motorsport, which can be developed by having a Formula 1 GP there. It will just go the way of the South Korean GP, the Indian GP and the Turkish GP. Why not look to either Europe, or South America, both of which have a long established motosports fan base?
Old 21 Mar 2019, 21:54 (Ref:3892552)   #2009
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
If the 2nd video has only just been made, it would suggest that they have a long way to go for a race that is supposed to be inaugurated in just a year's time.
I believe it's scheduled for April next year.
Old 21 Mar 2019, 23:14 (Ref:3892591)   #2010
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well will it find the space on the calendar? It’s hard to tell
Old 21 Mar 2019, 23:24 (Ref:3892599)   #2011
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well will it find the space on the calendar? It’s hard to tell
Formula 1 officially announced that a Vietnam Grand Prix will join the calendar in 2020, last November, so I think it's safe to say they have found the space on the calendar.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...-2020-calendar
Old 22 Mar 2019, 11:11 (Ref:3892695)   #2012
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We (as in the general F1 fan) still have no inkling of whether this year will be the final year of the F1 British Grand Prix at Silverstone. If it is, then there will be a gap in the schedule which Vietnam would fill.

If it isn't, then something else will have to give.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 12:01 (Ref:3892704)   #2013
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
We (as in the general F1 fan) still have no inkling of whether this year will be the final year of the F1 British Grand Prix at Silverstone. If it is, then there will be a gap in the schedule which Vietnam would fill.

If it isn't, then something else will have to give.

FOM are, supposedly, negotiating with 5 current venues whose contracts end after this year's events, Silverstone being one and Germany another. Off-hand I can't remember the other three, but they were named recently on at least one of the motor-sport websites.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 12:03 (Ref:3892705)   #2014
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mexico and Austin come to mind.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 12:04 (Ref:3892706)   #2015
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Mexico and Austin come to mind.

Thanks, Peter.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 12:17 (Ref:3892711)   #2016
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Was the other, Singapore?

No, got that wrong. The list, according to the Autosport website ( https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...r-draining-gps ) Silverstone, Germany, Spain, Italy and Mexico.

Last edited by Mike Harte; 22 Mar 2019 at 12:24.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 12:23 (Ref:3892712)   #2017
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Either Singapore or Baku.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 13:16 (Ref:3892727)   #2018
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Either Singapore or Baku.
Baku signed a new contract last month extending their deal until 2023.
https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/az...-2023/4332847/
Old 22 Mar 2019, 14:11 (Ref:3892737)   #2019
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thanks E.B
Old 22 Mar 2019, 15:34 (Ref:3892752)   #2020
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The calendar could be cut by a couple of GPs, but it shouldn’t be the ones that add something to it
Old 22 Mar 2019, 18:23 (Ref:3892790)   #2021
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Which ones do you suggest are cut and why?
Old 22 Mar 2019, 20:20 (Ref:3892820)   #2022
S griffin
Veteran

Maybe ones that Baku that don’t have enough interest by the locals, good track it is
Old 23 Apr 2019, 14:36 (Ref:3899186)   #2023
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
link includes a virtual lap of the Vietnam GP.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...e-lap/4374602/

will wait and see what its like in reality, but looks very 'Tilkish' imo, long straight into tight corners, narrow track, and rather flat in terms of elevation changes.

cant imagine we will see much overtaking here.
Old 23 Apr 2019, 15:16 (Ref:3899196)   #2024
S griffin
Veteran

It's hard to know what part of the track you're on. It all looks the same
Old 23 Apr 2019, 16:45 (Ref:3899214)   #2025
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
I find the track to look pretty cool; lots of fast straights, but the corners look long and sweeping, with some fairly challenging angles and turns. Pretty excited actually