Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 18 Apr 2019, 06:12 (Ref:3898332)   #3251
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No the MPs did that by going off on holiday.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 18 Apr 2019, 06:57 (Ref:3898338)   #3252
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I worry about these climate Change protestors. If we ban the oil and gas industry, where will they get their glues and pvc clothing from? Not to mention the transport to take them to the various protests.
Old 18 Apr 2019, 07:01 (Ref:3898339)   #3253
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I worry about these climate Change protestors. If we ban the oil and gas industry, where will they get their glues and pvc clothing from? Not to mention the transport to take them to the various protests.
And the calor gas they are cooking on.
Old 18 Apr 2019, 07:16 (Ref:3898342)   #3254
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
And the calor gas they are cooking on.

The extra pollution from traffic jams they're causing has been mentioned as well..... David A's much promoted TV prog on the subject could be a 'must see' tonight, but as it's BBC I wonder if it will be politically neutral. Not that politics should come into climate change, of course.....
Old 18 Apr 2019, 08:34 (Ref:3898353)   #3255
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

The extra pollution from traffic jams they're causing has been mentioned as well..... David A's much promoted TV prog on the subject could be a 'must see' tonight, but as it's BBC I wonder if it will be politically neutral. Not that politics should come into climate change, of course.....

Another hour of the pontificating Attenborough? I shall certainly give it a miss!
Old 18 Apr 2019, 09:23 (Ref:3898361)   #3256
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting article here regarding driving hours for tradespeople, which I suppose includes race teams. Driving hours apply to even < 3.5t vans.

https://www.tyretradenews.co.uk/news...eTradeNewscouk
Old 18 Apr 2019, 09:59 (Ref:3898364)   #3257
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have always had a lust for Riva style boats, but obviously a real one is way beyond my budget. Too many noughts involved. However I saw this on the listing of the upcoming Shannons Melbourne auction....

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions...3JOQC194E5533/

Be interesting to see what it goes for.

A few Jags Bentleys, Porsches, Mustangs a Citroen DS21 , even a 1934 Vauxhall ASX 6 cylinder Roadster for Bauble.
Catalogue: https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions...assic-auction/

Last edited by E.B; 18 Apr 2019 at 10:06. Reason: Added catalogue link
Old 18 Apr 2019, 09:59 (Ref:3898365)   #3258
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Just hope it won't come to France or this sentence will be modified promptly:
“In short, you should never drive for business for more than ten hours a day and you shouldn’t work for more than eleven hours a day in which you drive.
It could become [I]for more than ten hours a day and you shouldn’t work for more than eleven hours a week
Old 18 Apr 2019, 10:41 (Ref:3898369)   #3259
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Interesting article here regarding driving hours for tradespeople, which I suppose includes race teams. Driving hours apply to even < 3.5t vans.

If implemented and actually policed, this would create havoc in the burgeoning parcels delivery business. Mind you, the added costs to the online sellers could possibly level the playing field with the high street vendors.
Old 18 Apr 2019, 11:03 (Ref:3898371)   #3260
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Surely St. David is only doing the voice over?

Others have defined and created the content.
Old 18 Apr 2019, 11:09 (Ref:3898373)   #3261
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Probably not from Shell who seem to be very keen on 'going green'.

What irony then that the protestors should choose to smash their windows.

As for the super glue - if that's what they want to do I would leave them to it. Just ban the rights of anyone to carry the super glue release chemicals without a valid license.
Old 18 Apr 2019, 11:39 (Ref:3898374)   #3262
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good that Shell are doing that, the world is changing, time for more biofuels. Shame the protesters decide to target them, but then they can be very picky

Can you think of a good replacement for superglue? That would be tricky if it was to be banned
Old 18 Apr 2019, 12:06 (Ref:3898387)   #3263
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Can you think of a good replacement for superglue? That would be tricky if it was to be banned
It was the release chemicals (Acetones) that were suggested, not the glue itself (Cyanoacrylates).

Although alternatives do already exist, in the form of variants to the compounds and other hemostatic agents.
Old 18 Apr 2019, 13:43 (Ref:3898399)   #3264
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:

As usual with people who write things they don't quite understand there is at least one mistake on that which is you can be on duty for 15 hours, not the 11 they state. It's always best to go off the DVSA websites for this info.
Old 18 Apr 2019, 13:53 (Ref:3898401)   #3265
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thisa popped into my inbox this afternoon. Seems to me to be a bargain am I missing something?

https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/De...t-be-sold-110k
Old 18 Apr 2019, 14:05 (Ref:3898405)   #3266
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
No! That article has been found to be wrong. Either intentionally or unintentionally. I had an email from UK Haulier apologising for publishing it, as it has ‘elements that are misleading and inaccurate’.

In other words- nothing to see here.....
Old 18 Apr 2019, 14:23 (Ref:3898410)   #3267
midgetman
Veteran

Fair play! Always worth circulating to get a consensus.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 18 Apr 2019, 14:37 (Ref:3898412)   #3268
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Rather sadly it appears that the late Frank De Jong's wonderful history of Touring Car Racing is no more. I had been told the site would continue.
Old 18 Apr 2019, 15:00 (Ref:3898415)   #3269
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Rather sadly it appears that the late Frank De Jong's wonderful history of Touring Car Racing is no more. I had been told the site would continue.
Indeed very sad if this wonderful and much used by me website is no more. Hopefully it is a temporary situation and normal service will be returned.
Old 18 Apr 2019, 15:07 (Ref:3898417)   #3270
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
That is sad to hear. The site was obviously a labour of love, and it would be a fitting legacy for it continue. But it would require someone with enough interest and time..
Old 18 Apr 2019, 15:23 (Ref:3898424)   #3271
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Good that Shell are doing that, the world is changing, time for more biofuels. Shame the protesters decide to target them, but then they can be very picky

Shell are doing what?

Biofuels seem to be a major error but that is not so important to the Shell story as their apparent ambition to have significant influence in wind and solar. If the policies of their current Chairman persist after his time in charge - which seems likely so long as tax funded governments support the cause - they will probably move to being a primarily services company and drop their interest in oils and to some extent natural Gas (though more slowly than oil.)

It seems to be less about supplying product from new and creative sources and more about having significant influence over if not control of the market.
Old 18 Apr 2019, 16:15 (Ref:3898428)   #3272
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Grant,

Don't argue with a machine. You'll only get indigestion. It's not a real account.
Old 18 Apr 2019, 16:21 (Ref:3898430)   #3273
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Superglue is useful but I think could make without. Just hope they won't ban the lock ties!
Old 18 Apr 2019, 16:23 (Ref:3898431)   #3274
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Grant, Don't argue with a machine. You'll only get indigestion. It's not a real account.
Old 18 Apr 2019, 23:31 (Ref:3898474)   #3275
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So anyone going to any racing this weekend? BSB? Or F3/GT?