Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Jul 2010, 16:48 (Ref:2736509)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race- highest percentage scores

I have a top 8 here, because I only noted those which had scored over 80%.

Someone asked after Valencia whether Kobayashi's score after his fine drive was the highest ever on Ten-Tenths. It wasn't, but it was well up there- a true stand-out drive. Then the same question was asked after Hockenheim of Massa, and you can see how close their scores were (although I wish I hadn't voted fror Massa now on the basis of him spoiling the race himself in a sense for moving over).

Vettel's drive at Monza in 2008 earned him a resounding victory here in the percentages.

The polls go back to 2004, and it is noteworthy how many of the high percentage scores have come in recent years.

The numbers to the right of the percentages are the number of people who voted.

Italy 2008 Vettel 92.50% 148
Europe 2009 Barrichello 86.67% 75
Belgium 2009 Fisichella 86.15% 112
Europe 2010 Kobayashi 85.94% 110
Germany 2009 Webber 85.71% 138
Germany 2010 Massa 84.21% 80
China 2008 Hamilton 82.11% 78
Monaco 2004 Trulli 80.82% 59

As an aside, Sutil got 140 votes for Monaco 2008, just 8 less than Vettel did for his winning percentage score, but got only 73.30% of the total votes.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 17:18 (Ref:2736537)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No SURPRISE to see a BRITISH driver in those results, considering what COUNTRY this forum is originated.

Am I doing it right?
Old 31 Jul 2010, 17:21 (Ref:2736540)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
No SURPRISE to see a BRITISH driver in those results, considering what COUNTRY this forum is originated.
You mean that they would look completely different, say in....Spain for example?
Old 31 Jul 2010, 17:47 (Ref:2736564)   #4
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
This only confirms the anti-German bias of the forum.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 17:57 (Ref:2736573)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
We shouldn't mention the war....or the Armada.
Old 3 Aug 2010, 12:10 (Ref:2738719)   #6
pannenmann
Racer

Germany
Bavaria
pannenmann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So this means Vettel is now officially the best driver ever?!?

Thanks for putting this together. Massa is probably the one in that list that deserves it less than the others. I voted for him too, but when I think about it was more of a protest / pity vote than anything else. Seen in a neutral way, he shouldn't get that much respect for playing that kind of game.
Old 3 Aug 2010, 15:00 (Ref:2738813)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannenmann View Post
So this means Vettel is now officially the best driver ever?!?
No. He just happens to have accumulated more votes than anyone else during one particular race about two years ago.

The jury is still out on "the best driver ever", and probably will be for some time to come.
Old 3 Aug 2010, 15:06 (Ref:2738816)   #8
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannenmann View Post
Massa is probably the one in that list that deserves it less than the others. I voted for him too, but when I think about it was more of a protest / pity vote than anything else. Seen in a neutral way, he shouldn't get that much respect for playing that kind of game.
Yep, I regret voting for him now, although I suppose his performance was impressive. As you say, he shouldn't get respect for what he did.
Old 4 Aug 2010, 07:45 (Ref:2739230)   #9
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post

Am I doing it right?
Yes, we are such a biased, partisan lot, aren't we?
Old 11 Oct 2010, 13:26 (Ref:2773118)   #10
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

With 91 votes so far and 85.05% of the votes for the Japanese Grand Prix, Kobayashi will easily end up in the top 10 for the second time.
Old 11 Oct 2010, 14:59 (Ref:2773166)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Plus one more - coz I voted incorrectly - doh!
Old 11 Oct 2010, 15:16 (Ref:2773175)   #12
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Once again the anti-Webber/pro-Vettel bias on this forum is quite apparent.
Old 26 Oct 2010, 14:45 (Ref:2780778)   #13
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Italy 2008 Vettel 92.50% 148
Europe 2009 Barrichello 86.67% 75
Belgium 2009 Fisichella 86.15% 112
Europe 2010 Kobayashi 85.94% 110
Germany 2009 Webber 85.71% 138
Germany 2010 Massa 84.21% 80
Japan 2010 Kobayashi 82.96% 112
China 2008 Hamilton 82.11% 78
Monaco 2004 Trulli 80.82% 59
Old 26 Oct 2010, 15:41 (Ref:2780796)   #14
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Is this scientific proof that Kamui Kobayashi is officially the best driver ever?
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 26 Oct 2010, 17:49 (Ref:2780842)   #15
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

He is now the best current driver alongside Hamilton. Not literally but for the combination of sheer joyous racing spirit and speed, he is my favourite.

And if you don't like it, he'll just make this face.
Old 26 Oct 2010, 18:54 (Ref:2780859)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
Is this scientific proof that Kamui Kobayashi is officially the best driver ever?

Without a shred of a doubt - the evidence is clearly incontrovertible and woe betide anyone who considers posing a contrary view.......

Old 27 Oct 2010, 09:09 (Ref:2781066)   #17
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Make of the thread what you will. The unofficial Kobayashi praise thread.

It currently provides pseudo-empirical evidence for Kobayashi pleasing the majority of our members being most impressed by him on more than one occasion.
Old 27 Oct 2010, 09:12 (Ref:2781067)   #18
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
That might just be because he's driven well in tedious races where there aren't many candidates. That's not to say that he hasn't had good performances, but...well, Jarno Trulli is on that list as well. The company isn't that illustrious.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 27 Oct 2010, 09:23 (Ref:2781069)   #19
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Don't ruin the atmosphere of my party, Steph.

New signature by the way! I know it's Eddie Jordan, but if you talk as much as he does, eventually something accurate will come out.
Old 27 Oct 2010, 10:34 (Ref:2781087)   #20
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Er, if I was Kamui Kobayashi I'd be a bit scared by Eddie Jordan saying that to me.