Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Nov 2017, 21:49 (Ref:3781117)   #51
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Was waiting to hear you chime in on the engine plan with Gibson. And BR's choice of the AERs, great power but seems like they run a LOT hotter than others but with their own chassis specific cooling needs can be designed in from the start. I haven't had a chance to read the DSC article about it and their plans, stupid network times out on DSC every time here at work. But your insight does help those of us without deep engine knowledge and is always looked forward to.
Well, im not saying the AER P60 is the right choice either!.....i believe its too small on capacity which requires the high revs and lack of low-speed torque......i think tbe nissan-cosworth 3.0 and mechachrome 3.4 turbo V6 motors will be better motors to have in 2018.....hopefully Kolles will buy a better LMP1 chassis for the Nissan motor to shine in.
Old 17 Nov 2017, 23:28 (Ref:3781131)   #52
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
translation from french

Quote:
While the BR1 was presented today in Bahrain, Advanced Engines Research (AER) provided some details on the engine that will equip this new LMP1,

The P60B engine will propel this BR1, the P60B being an evolution of the P60 that fitted the Rebellion R-One who had won the Endurance Trophy of private LMP1 in 2015 and 2016.

The P60B is a 720 horsepower twin-turbo V6 engine, light and compact like its predecessor, the P60. Mike Lancaster told us that the power could go up to 900 horsepower, but without the fuel restrictions that will probably be applied. Mike Lancaster also told us that the maximum torque was 850 Nm. Moreover, AER, who provided us with the picture of the engine, does not reveal the engine capacity of the P60B.

Mark Ellis, Technical Director of AER: "The AER LMP1 engine has been the subject of continuous development since its inception in 2011. However, all the changes we have been working on since last January represent sufficient progress to motivate its change of name. The P60B incorporates enhancements that mark a step forward in both performance and reliability, which is necessary for consistent endurance success. "

Some of these changes include fuel pressure, cylinder head molding, lubrication system, engine ignition and calibration,

The P60B had a long time on the test bench at AER, exceeding the requirements of a 24-hour race like Le Mans.
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/que...60b-de-la-br1/
Old 18 Nov 2017, 03:01 (Ref:3781159)   #53
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
(or maybe not.... cadillac dpi this year started with a 75L fuel tank and received a 64L nerf.... but however kept the same fuel milliage for some unknwon reason).
I've always been impressed with the gm fuel mileage, was the same way in the old Corvette dp. It did seem like they could produce fuel at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
Thanks, good info to have. Didn't know they were making changes to the motor.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 18 Nov 2017, 03:40 (Ref:3781166)   #54
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why are AER being so secretive about the engine displacement?
Old 18 Nov 2017, 08:34 (Ref:3781182)   #55
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, me too can't understand all this mystery behind engine displacement... but the same can be said for porsche too!
Remember in 2015 that porsche engineers revealed that the engine for 2015 919 was completely reprojected and almost made from scratch and the displacement was slightly increased.... but is still 2L according to official statements.

Anyway about p60b, torque and power figures are not very indicative, because pushing to the limits turbo pressure you can get insane power. Guess will be impossible for now to know if is still 2.4 or larger (not over 3L I guess however).
Old 18 Nov 2017, 10:50 (Ref:3781198)   #56
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The car looks good so far, can't wait to see it on track
Old 19 Nov 2017, 12:08 (Ref:3781470)   #57
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd rather have Zytek than AER for sure if I was going for pure reliability. However I think in qualifying the ART-SMPs will be pretty good, especially if the new chassis are as ultra low downforce focused as the LM kit P2 Dallaras. They just need to be able to handle the corners AS WELL as straights this time round
Old 19 Nov 2017, 17:46 (Ref:3781516)   #58
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The 2.4-liter V6 turbo powerplant, now known as the P60B....
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/a...gine-for-2018/
Old 20 Nov 2017, 06:01 (Ref:3781610)   #59
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I'd rather have Zytek than AER for sure if I was going for pure reliability. However I think in qualifying the ART-SMPs will be pretty good, especially if the new chassis are as ultra low downforce focused as the LM kit P2 Dallaras. They just need to be able to handle the corners AS WELL as straights this time round
Lots more aero freedom in lmp1 than in lmp2. The front splitter area and between the wheels are a lot more open, that's the biggest area of gains to be made. You can see they have the aero 'feet' behind the front wheels.
Old 20 Nov 2017, 08:36 (Ref:3781622)   #60
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A bit of scrawling by me (watermarks are from my web-site). I was always amazed by old AutoSprint (70's) pictures.

Old 20 Nov 2017, 19:38 (Ref:3781776)   #61
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
A bit of scrawling by me (watermarks are from my web-site). I was always amazed by old AutoSprint (70's) pictures.

Nice. Could you translate it?
Old 20 Nov 2017, 19:49 (Ref:3781783)   #62
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Nice. Could you translate it?
Just paid attention to a "vertex" atop of the cabin, which looks similar to P217, and those horizontal planes which (to my mind) guide air up from the nose panels. Pure speculations.
Old 20 Nov 2017, 20:53 (Ref:3781811)   #63
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Just paid attention to a "vertex" atop of the cabin, which looks similar to P217, and those horizontal planes which (to my mind) guide air up from the nose panels. Pure speculations.
The 'roof lights' are on the p2 Dallara as well. I think your observations are good.
Old 23 Nov 2017, 18:07 (Ref:3782456)   #64
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An update...

All sweetness and light, except for Aleshin's injury.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/d...etely-new-car/
Old 23 Nov 2017, 19:19 (Ref:3782464)   #65
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
A photo from SMP Racing in a Mulsanne's Corner group in Facebook.

Old 23 Nov 2017, 19:26 (Ref:3782467)   #66
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
An update...

All sweetness and light, except for Aleshin's injury.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/d...etely-new-car/

It’s understood at least one existing WEC LMP2 team is evaluating the purchase of a BR1, which could make it the most-represented LMP1 car on the grid next season. “Something we’re good at is making a lot of cars,” Pignacca said. “Realistically if we have to make 2 or 3 cars more, it’s not going to be a problem. -- “BR Engineering would be very happy about this.”

Look at this space Oreca, THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT. Not by monopolizing lower category by forced rules you helped to create, and then when customers want to field LMP1s, you just say "ehhh we'll see, maybe maybe not"

Also interesting in the article how they cite the freedom of LMP1 in contrast to the spec galore P2.
Old 23 Nov 2017, 20:19 (Ref:3782479)   #67
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Edit: tried to edit the previous post, but was out of time.

And it looks very similar to Dallara P217. Of course, they had to trim off lots of kg, and it's impossible to check suspension angles. But basic layout is the same if I understand correctly.
As for LMP1 it's one of the last constructors' classes in global autosport. What other engineering firms can do? F1? What a joke. GTE? No way. What else? CN?
Old 23 Nov 2017, 23:14 (Ref:3782522)   #68
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
As for LMP1 it's one of the last constructors' classes in global autosport. What other engineering firms can do? F1? What a joke. GTE? No way. What else? CN?
Yup!
Old 24 Nov 2017, 00:55 (Ref:3782532)   #69
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to see some detailed shots without bodywork, looks to be a lovely car.
Old 24 Nov 2017, 06:22 (Ref:3782572)   #70
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Well Dallara builds an F1 car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Look at this space Oreca, THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT. Not by monopolizing lower category by forced rules you helped to create, and then when customers want to field LMP1s, you just say "ehhh we'll see, maybe maybe not"
Dallara makes ORECA's attempts at sanctioning body collusion look like the work of a child.
Old 24 Nov 2017, 09:43 (Ref:3782595)   #71
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
Well Dallara builds an F1 car...
As for HAAS, yes, but Dallara builds almost every spec racing car/chassis nowadays (Indycar, F2, international F3, Super Formula etc). It's not a problem for them. And I was talking about small companies. Previously they could build some cars for European 2L championship in 70's, ELMS in 00's. And some big names used this opportunity to check everything before a big campaign (a-la Alpine-Renault). Today the gap between open constructors classes is huge. I can not imagine that a company, building CN or Bikesports, have any intentions or possibility to make a LMP1. And this fact decelerates the progress - new constructors with fresh ideas have just no real opportunity to test their abilities in a highly competitive level. I'm superbly pessimistic about FIA's hierarchy ladders in racing and sportscar. It's bad for breed of engineers and drivers who are not able to handle different chassis.
Old 24 Nov 2017, 09:58 (Ref:3782597)   #72
TF110
Veteran

United States
Also in the sc365 article it points out this is a bespoke car not related to the lmp2. New chassis for the BR1.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 16:03 (Ref:3783802)   #73
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
A bit of live video. Too much revs for me.
https://www.facebook.com/smpracingru...6177465133037/
Old 1 Dec 2017, 22:07 (Ref:3784633)   #74
andrewn7
Rookie

United Kingdom
andrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SOUNDS like a beauty
Old 3 Dec 2017, 16:02 (Ref:3784925)   #75
Deleted
Veteran

It does!

Also aesthetically less bulky than the P2 pleases my eye