Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 10 Dec 2007, 21:17 (Ref:2099786)   #1
GTO Racing
Rookie

GTO Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sintura S99 : born too late.

Remarkably developed, it had a brief but relatively successful carrier, winning one race in the BRDC GT championship and performing well at Laguna Seca (ALMS) for its first, and last, international appearance.

Designed by Phil Bourne, the Sintura was built around a carbon fiber chassis and was propeled by a Judd GV4 V10. What else ?

That car proved a very good potential, but the end of the 1999 season was also the end of the adventure for the S99.

Lack of finance, the bannishment of the GT1 category in the british GT championship,... what was (were) the reason(s) of the Sintura Cars withdrawal ?

PS : I'm looking for photos free for right that I want to use on my website.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 21:50 (Ref:2099787)   #2
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't help you with the pictures, but thanks for the "heads-up" on this one. Never seen the Sintura before, but man it's pretty sexy! Then again, all of the Group C second coming cars were.
Old 11 Dec 2007, 13:41 (Ref:2099788)   #3
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having seen the car race it was more or less a Group C2 car anyway, sorry for my ignorance but I couldn't see how it was eligable anyway as a "one off" special?
Old 11 Dec 2007, 15:44 (Ref:2099789)   #4
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
As I remember British GT was pretty lenient on what was allowed for GT1 at that time- something like 'so long as there's a single road-going version....'

Last edited by John Turner; 5 Jan 2008 at 09:50. Reason: Chassis Archive edit.
Old 11 Dec 2007, 22:50 (Ref:2099790)   #5
wheadon
Racer

England
Carlisle/Newcastle
wheadon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i have some detailed pictures of the car which i took for a school project at donnington, i'll try to scan them and post em.
Old 11 Dec 2007, 23:19 (Ref:2099791)   #6
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I can tell you that the dsc Editor (before dsc) had the most rapid passenger ride of his life in the Sintura and came away impressed!
Old 12 Dec 2007, 00:32 (Ref:2099793)   #7
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
The Sintura is this car..follow links!

http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...-08-08-000.jpg

http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...08-08a-000.jpg

Last edited by John Turner; 5 Jan 2008 at 09:51. Reason: Chassis Archive edit.
Old 26 Dec 2007, 11:51 (Ref:2099799)   #8
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
my friend now owns the Sintura
car was a 1 off but some "cheating" went on to get the car homologated to race!!!!!!!!!!!
GT1 cars then banned so car was obsolete it cost aroound £1 mil to design and build at Lola factory
Evesham Micros sponsored the car
Old 26 Dec 2007, 12:55 (Ref:2099800)   #9
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We raced against it. It was a beautiful car, but it just proved how barmy the GT1 situation had developed into.
The whole GT1 GT2 mix was such a good one though uptil the big Merc and then the one-offs masquerading at production supercars; lots of overtaking faster cars slower cars but all still racing hard.
It's a perfect example of how racing develops itself up it's own arse so regularly. What's better of late is that the rule makers are getting a firmer hold of what GT cars are taken from exotic road cars.
Still just about the one romantic racing formulae we have; many hours, racing through the night, changeable weather and lots of fast and slow traffic. Gives a chance for full reign to top class racing drivers to use their wit and guile.
Old 26 Dec 2007, 14:39 (Ref:2099801)   #10
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
GT1 was big money build cars and big$ to run them
there was no difference in the GT1 versus Group C or LMP constsruction and design
GT2 was more sensible now the GT3 cars are heading upwards in cost to run maintain
I often wonder if the homologation rules actually aid or hinder
Porsche built 25 917 cars and all where inspected prior to the homologation being granted
these days no one presents all the cars for inspection
I know the Sintura was fitted with reg plate road tyres and a mock up sat alongside to show that more than 1 plus the race car "existed"
obviously the RAC inspector had conjunctivitis and double vision that day