Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Apr 2002, 18:40 (Ref:269641)   #26
Rhys
Rookie

Rhys should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by OVERSTEER
Well it doesn't change the fact that TC Rammed Harvey off at Brands and got off scot free, where as Harvey had a problem which meant that team Halfords couldn't change both wheels and didn't gain an advantage and got 25 seconds added onto his race time and got dropped to 6th but keeps success ballast for 2nd!!, It takes the P*ss it really does.
And it's a pity because Tom Harvey is such a nice guy and too much of a clean racer to go and barge TC off but the way things seem to be put in TC's favour they'd disqualify him.
I think it's time we dropped the "did he, didn't he?" debate. I agree that Tim Harvey is one of the nicest guys in the busness, but it doesn't change the stewards' decision. They ruled that TC didn't do it intentionally, and couldn't help it. In the same way that the referee in the 1966 world cup final ruled that Geoff Hurst's goal should stand, the officials have made the decision, and the matter is closed.

I didn't know that Harvey has to keep the success ballast though. That is a terrible decision. I was dancing when Harvey took Hughes in the feature race! There were so many MG fans who were only fans cos the team were giving out the best free stuff! That really annoyed me... Blatant marketing.

Although you might not be able to tell from the **** picture, here's a Tim Harvey one for you OVERSTEER!
Attached Thumbnails
racing0001.jpg  
Old 24 Apr 2002, 18:44 (Ref:269645)   #27
Elaine
Rookie

Elaine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For goodness sake give Tom a break! As I've already said in a previous thread Tom didn't get away with murder. And what is all that nonsense about Tim Harvey being a clean racer! Get real!! Not only did he cause the incident at Brands he also hit Colin Turkington off at Oulton. And is Tom suddenly not allowed to smile anymore he's racing in the BTCC who wouldn't be smiling, it doesn't mean he's got the stewards favour!
Old 24 Apr 2002, 18:46 (Ref:269649)   #28
touring_car_fan
Rookie

touring_car_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that its really bad that Tim Harvey has been penalised for not changing a wheel. How can he recieve a penalty for something that didn't gain him anything and wasn't his fault, when Tom Chilton gets away with murder at Brands! TH didn't gain any time in the pits (they still had to change the other side), or on the race track (only 1 new tyre!), so i dont think it was worthy of such a heavy penalty. On the other hand, TC punts off someone on the last lap to gain a place, and gets no penalty at all! And to top it off, he will get 2nd place's balast for next race! Absolutly none of which was his fault! Personally i feel sorry for TH this season so far!
Old 24 Apr 2002, 18:52 (Ref:269658)   #29
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's so disgusting what's been done lately, I hope TC's BTCC career is a short one the way he's going, I don't mean by injury, just by team bosses realising he's a waste of space.
Old 24 Apr 2002, 18:52 (Ref:269659)   #30
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Carrie and I have both tried to make the point but you obviously don't get it. Rightly or not, Tom has been cvleared of the Brands Hatch incident - end of story. We can sit here and debate the whole thing again and again but it's going to change nothing. The Stewards have made their decision, live with it.

Rant over
Old 24 Apr 2002, 18:53 (Ref:269661)   #31
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
GO! GO! GO! Tim Harvey, you can do it!!
Old 24 Apr 2002, 18:54 (Ref:269664)   #32
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
we're disputing the apparent lack of consistency that's happening at the moment with regard to punishment's in the BTCC.

Last edited by OVERSTEER; 24 Apr 2002 at 18:55.
Old 24 Apr 2002, 18:55 (Ref:269665)   #33
Rhys
Rookie

Rhys should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by redshoes
Carrie and I have both tried to make the point but you obviously don't get it. Rightly or not, Tom has been cvleared of the Brands Hatch incident - end of story. We can sit here and debate the whole thing again and again but it's going to change nothing. The Stewards have made their decision, live with it.

Rant over
EXACTLY! The point I was trying to make as well! Let it go!
Old 26 Apr 2002, 10:23 (Ref:271011)   #34
John Manning
Rookie

John Manning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont u think that tom has been punished enuff for something that wasnt even his fault. If u choose to support Harvey thats ur choice.
Old 26 Apr 2002, 15:43 (Ref:271419)   #35
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
John, I think we've been through this a lot of times, TOCA officials have decided who gets what. End of story.