Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 22 Aug 2004, 07:44 (Ref:1074142)   #1
Benz_7
Rookie

Benz_7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 '97

Hey people

i remember a fair few years ago now that there was an F1 '97 psx league that Minardifan ran

is there anyone here who is interested in joining a league? (this is at a different site however)

well, if you are interested, please click me! and yeah, you should be able to make your way to where you wanna go.

it would be good if we could get some people interested again
Old 22 Aug 2004, 10:12 (Ref:1074209)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not too fussed about a link which takes me straight to another forum........

I don't know if anyone here is likely to be interested, our time is pretty well taken up with GPL and the F1C mods......
Old 23 Aug 2004, 20:25 (Ref:1075500)   #3
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire
Chris Gray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not too concerned with a league, but that was a great game - still one of the best F1 games for the PS1. OK, so it's a little out dated but the handling was superb. I;ve just bought F1 '04 and the handling is awful. Like I said, great game.
Old 23 Aug 2004, 20:58 (Ref:1075530)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd hardly call the handling on F1 '97 realistic though.

F1 '04's is more challenging!
Old 24 Aug 2004, 18:34 (Ref:1076394)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You wanna dump those playstations and run GPL or F1C on your pc........
Old 24 Aug 2004, 21:28 (Ref:1076527)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've got GPL Ayse, but my PC has gotten slower with age.

I only run the internet on it now, and that is painfully slow.

If there is a way to speed up my computer I will get it installed again!
Old 25 Aug 2004, 03:10 (Ref:1076678)   #7
Benz_7
Rookie

id join a gpl league if i had GPL, and a Hyper Stim

its the only way you can really play that game
Old 27 Aug 2004, 19:39 (Ref:1079467)   #8
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone recall their lap best lap time around Silverstone on F1 '97? I did what I thought was an impossible lap time a while back if it's still on my memory card!
Old 27 Aug 2004, 20:17 (Ref:1079494)   #9
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire
Tweed, I think I was able to do a 1 19 or something very stupid. I'll maybe have another go later.
Old 28 Aug 2004, 08:09 (Ref:1079773)   #10
BIGMOUTH
Racer

BIGMOUTH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I used to be the absolute MASTER of the Hungaroring on F1 '97 I used to spend hours on that game, but then when a couple of years back I tried it again after a break of about 2 years and I was rubbish at it! LOL

But seriously no-one could beat me on the Hungary track a few years back... :P
Old 28 Aug 2004, 08:38 (Ref:1079787)   #11
Benz_7
Rookie

BIGMOUTH, what was ur best time for hungary??

my best recorded time was back in 2000 in a league with a 1:05.545

the winner had a 1:03.753
Old 30 Aug 2004, 17:57 (Ref:1081739)   #12
BIGMOUTH
Racer

I can't say exactly, but it was 1:01. something....seriously man, that was like virtually the only track I ever raced on!!! I was MASTER of it!
Old 30 Aug 2004, 19:04 (Ref:1081779)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Must have cut a few corners.
Old 30 Aug 2004, 20:16 (Ref:1081844)   #14
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire

I used to be absolutely rubbish at the Hungaroring! It was the only circuit I have ever been lapped on through being just way too slow! A 1:01 is ridiculous though!?

Last edited by Chris Gray; 30 Aug 2004 at 20:16.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 09:44 (Ref:1082425)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Benz_7
id join a gpl league if i had GPL, and a Hyper Stim

its the only way you can really play that game
Not really.

There are people out there who manage to master it using a keyboard........

Just get yourself a decent wheel. If you can find a MOMO Force anywhere second hand on the net, that's all you really need.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 12:52 (Ref:1082629)   #16
Fuzzyfelt
Racer

Fuzzyfelt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
Must have cut a few corners.
Must have cut all the corners
Old 1 Sep 2004, 16:37 (Ref:1083934)   #17
BIGMOUTH
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Gray
I used to be absolutely rubbish at the Hungaroring! It was the only circuit I have ever been lapped on through being just way too slow! A 1:01 is ridiculous though!?
No honestly!!! I didn't cut any corner or anything like that...tbh on F1 '97 you coulden't very well cut corners because the car would spin if you went at any speed over the green stuff! The most I did was slightly cut the first chicane...but even then you had to do it really well to stop it from spinning. But I just loved that track. I went sooo fast around the lap. It's always been my best circuit on any F1 game.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 21:42 (Ref:1084211)   #18
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire
Your tempting me to delve the game out and have a go myself!

A tip for anyone racing in the wet - set front downforce to 0% and rear to 100%. The car will just be glued to the track and never oversteer!

Last edited by Chris Gray; 1 Sep 2004 at 21:44.
Old 2 Sep 2004, 00:52 (Ref:1084315)   #19
Fuzzyfelt
Racer

I must admit to being very tempted to dig this out now even though it would mean removing F1 2004 from my ps2 for the first time since i got it!

Chris' comment about the wet though reminded me of that annoying bug in the game where it would start to rain, you would pit, and the team would fit slicks again ...
Old 2 Sep 2004, 18:04 (Ref:1085073)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Ah yes, that was incredibly annoying. They did fit wets at about the third time of asking, but by then your race was in the gutter.
Old 2 Sep 2004, 21:34 (Ref:1085289)   #21
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire
And what was the point of monsoon tyres over wets? Monsoons nearly always gave the same effect as slicks?? Dumb.
Old 3 Sep 2004, 18:12 (Ref:1086178)   #22
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, but monsoons in the dry were quite fun! Just in free practice though, of course.
Old 3 Sep 2004, 22:51 (Ref:1086389)   #23
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire
So was racing with no rear wing!
Old 3 Sep 2004, 23:35 (Ref:1086411)   #24
Fuzzyfelt
Racer

LOL
Losing your rear wing was great fun!!!
The failure AI was really good in F197 too. I remember starting a season in Damon Hill's Arrows and I only just made it round the first corner in Melbourne during practice when my engine blew up.
Old 4 Sep 2004, 19:22 (Ref:1086877)   #25
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Fuzzyfelt
LOL
I remember starting a season in Damon Hill's Arrows and I only just made it round the first corner in Melbourne during practice when my engine blew up.
Getting off the startline was a bit of an acheivment if you think about it!

I remember that if you walloped a kerb or ran over grass at high speed it nearly always caused your engine or fuel line to fail. Also, if you really wrecked your car and lost a wheel a red flag would be shown!