Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 7 Nov 2016, 17:02 (Ref:3686251)   #1
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a good look..... Dirk Klynsmith knocked out.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/sport/kiwi-motorsport-figure-filmed-kicking-photographer-at-supercars-2016110712
Old 10 Nov 2016, 07:42 (Ref:3686915)   #2
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
http://www.newshub.co.nz/sport/kiwi-motorsport-figure-filmed-kicking-photographer-at-supercars-2016110712
Not a good look, but it was nothing more than a storm in a teacup fuelled by some tosspot with a cell phone who made it public. "Kicking" the media said: I saw a clumsy ankle tap. And the guy who got shoved hammed it up because I believe he knew it was being recorded. Ted is a pussycat, and I'm sure there was more to this than was apparent. The expression "taken out of context" comes to mind. Look, you all know there was an altercation in the pits recently between two similarly aged "gentlemen" who took exception to each others behaviour. Nothing came of it as far as I know; probably only because some prick didn't video it on his phone and make it public.
Old 11 Nov 2016, 10:30 (Ref:3687134)   #3
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Not a good look, but it was nothing more than a storm in a teacup fuelled by some tosspot with a cell phone who made it public. "Kicking" the media said: I saw a clumsy ankle tap. And the guy who got shoved hammed it up because I believe he knew it was being recorded. Ted is a pussycat, and I'm sure there was more to this than was apparent. The expression "taken out of context" comes to mind. Look, you all know there was an altercation in the pits recently between two similarly aged "gentlemen" who took exception to each others behaviour. Nothing came of it as far as I know; probably only because some prick didn't video it on his phone and make it public.
So you think this would have been OK if only it had not gone public?

Does that apply to all criminal activity?

Jim
Old 15 Nov 2016, 08:13 (Ref:3688183)   #4
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
So you think this would have been OK if only it had not gone public?

Does that apply to all criminal activity?

Jim
Did I imply a "yes" to either of your questions in my post?

Jim, don't be a ****. Read my post again in case it's not clear. Neither of us know the events prior to the recording but I'm comfortable there was more to it as Ted claimed. It was all over in seconds because Ted walked away while Dirk hammed up the grievous bodily harm. If you want to be pedantic about the "definition" of criminal activity, you go right ahead. But this was a storm in a tea-cup as I said, and I stand by that.

Life is full of imperfect people behaving oddly in undesirable situations; none of which needs further action especially in a court of law.

Grow up and don't be so PC.
Old 15 Nov 2016, 12:18 (Ref:3688231)   #5
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
. . .
Wow; I doubt that any of my friends would believe that I have just been called "so PC".

You are just wrong.

Jim
Old 16 Nov 2016, 09:33 (Ref:3688459)   #6
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Did I imply a "yes" to either of your questions in my post?

Jim, don't be a ****. Read my post again in case it's not clear. Neither of us know the events prior to the recording but I'm comfortable there was more to it as Ted claimed. It was all over in seconds because Ted walked away while Dirk hammed up the grievous bodily harm. If you want to be pedantic about the "definition" of criminal activity, you go right ahead. But this was a storm in a tea-cup as I said, and I stand by that.

Life is full of imperfect people behaving oddly in undesirable situations; none of which needs further action especially in a court of law.

Quote of the Month:

Old 18 Nov 2016, 20:10 (Ref:3689135)   #7
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
Wow; I doubt that any of my friends would believe that I have just been called "so PC".

You are just wrong.

Jim
Then we'll agree to differ shall we Jim, and move on.