Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Feb 2020, 16:31 (Ref:3956440)   #3251
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yeah, I feel we should just appreciate the series instead of bashing those involved for no reason
That and get back on subject. Wonder who will get the last Motorbase seat if it turns out not to be Flash?
Old 8 Feb 2020, 16:34 (Ref:3956441)   #3252
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
That and get back on subject. Wonder who will get the last Motorbase seat if it turns out not to be Flash?
Caine perhaps?
Old 8 Feb 2020, 16:58 (Ref:3956445)   #3253
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Caine perhaps?
If so then hopefully he'll get to do a full season for once
Old 8 Feb 2020, 17:05 (Ref:3956446)   #3254
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yeah, I feel we should just appreciate the series instead of bashing those involved for no reason
Who's been bashed?
Old 8 Feb 2020, 17:13 (Ref:3956448)   #3255
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Who's been bashed?
The HMS Alfa
Old 8 Feb 2020, 17:18 (Ref:3956449)   #3256
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The HMS Alfa
I (and others) voiced an opinion on it's value to the series. Are we really suggesting that posts can only make positive remarks about the cars?

If people feel that a car is being unfairly critiqued, perhaps a reasoned counter argument would be in order - rather than just throwing out an accusation of bashing?
Old 8 Feb 2020, 17:19 (Ref:3956450)   #3257
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
If so then hopefully he'll get to do a full season for once
Careful, not bashing Caine here are we? People might get upset.
Old 8 Feb 2020, 17:25 (Ref:3956452)   #3258
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Careful, not bashing Caine here are we? People might get upset.
Well, the HMS Alfa business felt like bashing but I obviously misinterpreted the whole thing, I have a tendency to do that as a consequence of my Autism.

As for Caine, I only said he's never done a full season and it would be nice if he did, providing he gets a seat. After all, the 3rd Motorbase seat and the Simpson Civic have been really shrouded in mystery lately and both have been linked to the Shedden rumours, if said rumours are true then Flash can only have one of those seats so who would get the other I just wondered?
Old 8 Feb 2020, 17:52 (Ref:3956456)   #3259
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Well, the HMS Alfa business felt like bashing but I obviously misinterpreted the whole thing, I have a tendency to do that as a consequence of my Autism.

As for Caine, I only said he's never done a full season and it would be nice if he did, providing he gets a seat. After all, the 3rd Motorbase seat and the Simpson Civic have been really shrouded in mystery lately and both have been linked to the Shedden rumours, if said rumours are true then Flash can only have one of those seats so who would get the other I just wondered?
I agree, if Caine got a seat I'd hope it was a full season drive.

Of the unconfirmed seats so far though, I'm informed that the drivers are bringing a higher profile or funding than Caine would have.
Old 8 Feb 2020, 17:55 (Ref:3956457)   #3260
DaviePHD
Rookie

DaviePHD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
the 3rd Motorbase seat and the Simpson Civic have been really shrouded in mystery lately and both have been linked to the Shedden rumours, if said rumours are true then Flash can only have one of those seats so who would get the other I just wondered?
What I'd like to see happen, TD buy back the Simpson Civic and TBL, run Shedden in it until they can throw together another FK8.

It could also mean that if Neal isn't fit for the start of the season then Shedden could go straight into the FK8. I wouldn't be surprised if Shedden was already on stand-by for Neal.
Old 8 Feb 2020, 18:26 (Ref:3956459)   #3261
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviePHD View Post
What I'd like to see happen, TD buy back the Simpson Civic and TBL, run Shedden in it until they can throw together another FK8.

It could also mean that if Neal isn't fit for the start of the season then Shedden could go straight into the FK8. I wouldn't be surprised if Shedden was already on stand-by for Neal.
Say, that's true, the drivers seem to be jinxed at the moment. Neal, Bushell, OJ and can't remember who else right off the bat. Hopefully, we'll get another newbie before Media Day, it's hard to believe the only newcomer so far is For all.
Old 8 Feb 2020, 20:33 (Ref:3956466)   #3262
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Darn Autocorrect! I meant Gornall!
Old 8 Feb 2020, 21:00 (Ref:3956470)   #3263
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In other news, Stewart Lines and Maximum Motorsport are back on the TOCA package in the Ginetta Supercup.
Old 8 Feb 2020, 21:35 (Ref:3956473)   #3264
HarryBrown
Rookie

HarryBrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just happened to notice that Matt Simpson has renamed his Instagram to Ben Simpson. This could indicate that he's not racing this year and instead focusing on his sons karting.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 8 Feb 2020, 21:47 (Ref:3956474)   #3265
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBrown View Post
Just happened to notice that Matt Simpson has renamed his Instagram to Ben Simpson. This could indicate that he's not racing this year and instead focusing on his sons karting.

More weight to the Shedden rumours....
Old 8 Feb 2020, 22:36 (Ref:3956476)   #3266
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
The car looks good, the livery ruined it.
So true about the Alfa. The livery just didn't flatter it. A stunning red and white number would go down a treat.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 9 Feb 2020, 00:35 (Ref:3956486)   #3267
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviePHD View Post
Honda aren't going to run their former champion in an old car There's 7 weeks until the start of the season, more than enough time to build a new car. Though I suspect if that is there plan, the car is / would be (delete as appropriate) almost finished already by now.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 08:19 (Ref:3956514)   #3268
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBrown View Post

Would that surprise anyone?
Old 9 Feb 2020, 09:39 (Ref:3956519)   #3269
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Caine at Motorbase would be a logical choice. Has he got the funding to do the full season though?
Old 9 Feb 2020, 10:03 (Ref:3956526)   #3270
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Caine at Motorbase would be a logical choice.
Who for - Caine or Motorbase?

Caine has had more success with GT's, and Motorbase have had more success with other drivers.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 10:10 (Ref:3956527)   #3271
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
If Collard wasn't a BMW ambassador, one of those remaining seats could be his
Old 9 Feb 2020, 10:19 (Ref:3956528)   #3272
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
If Collard wasn't a BMW ambassador, one of those remaining seats could be his
Being a BMW ambassador doesn't change things. He drove a Vauxhall whilst still being a BMW ambassador.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 10:21 (Ref:3956529)   #3273
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Being a BMW ambassador doesn't change things. He drove a Vauxhall whilst still being a BMW ambassador.
That's true. Unlikely it may be but ExcelR8 could use his experience since they have a new car to develop.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 10:23 (Ref:3956530)   #3274
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Wasn't much of an ambassador at Donington last year was he.....
Old 9 Feb 2020, 10:25 (Ref:3956531)   #3275
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or Silverstone when he tuned around the BMW title contender ...