Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Oct 2018, 22:12 (Ref:3856173)   #241
ASCII Man
Veteran

Belgium
Leuven
ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!ASCII Man has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
The F1 organisers can be held responsible for many things but they usually (thankfully) don't live in the past like some 'fans' do.
Just keep on being edgy, you true fan.
Old 12 Oct 2018, 07:13 (Ref:3856192)   #242
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
The F1 organisers can be held responsible for many things but they usually (thankfully) don't live in the past like some 'fans' do.
Then where is the active suspension?
Old 12 Oct 2018, 09:11 (Ref:3856204)   #243
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
We're not living in the past. Some things like the current qualifying system has been a great addition, but some things have clearly not worked
Old 12 Oct 2018, 09:19 (Ref:3856206)   #244
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjimclark should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjimclark should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
No offense, but, huh? That's exactly what Sprinkles is sayin'. 'Not "livin'" in the past so 'not bringing it back.
Is it really necessary anyway with the fg billiard table smooth circuits mandated now? (Much to my chagrin)

jimclark
Old 12 Oct 2018, 09:27 (Ref:3856207)   #245
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjimclark should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjimclark should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
We're not living in the past. Some things like the current qualifying system has been a great addition, but some things have clearly not worked
To each their own but I preferred the times from practice. More cars more time on track tryin' to improve and mastery of traffic....goes right along with my desire for hard tires that a new set would last all race and pretty much improve as more rubber is laid on track; not fall off and marbled off line.

jimclark
Old 12 Oct 2018, 09:32 (Ref:3856208)   #246
bathurst77
Racer

bathurst77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 points for pole
1 point for fastest lap in race
Old 12 Oct 2018, 09:37 (Ref:3856211)   #247
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
2 points for pole
1 point for fastest lap in race
Let me counter with 1 for pole (2's too much), 1 for FL.

jimclark
Old 12 Oct 2018, 10:24 (Ref:3856215)   #248
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why make qualifying anymore important than it already is by attaching points to it? Points for fastest laps would just see people in 14th or 15th making a pit stop for ultra softs 3 laps from the end.
Old 12 Oct 2018, 18:24 (Ref:3856310)   #249
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Foul in Game
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
To each their own but I preferred the times from practice. More cars more time on track tryin' to improve and mastery of traffic....goes right along with my desire for hard tires that a new set would last all race and pretty much improve as more rubber is laid on track; not fall off and marbled off line.
Me too. Give them an hour to do whatever they want.
Old 12 Oct 2018, 23:40 (Ref:3856358)   #250
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
No offense, but, huh? That's exactly what Sprinkles is sayin'. 'Not "livin'" in the past so 'not bringing it back.
Is it really necessary anyway with the fg billiard table smooth circuits mandated now? (Much to my chagrin)

Two great posts, the lumps and bumps in a circuit are as significant as the corners themselves, they mean you actually have to have a suspension, and best of all they totally ruin the simulation of the circuit for those with simulators. Cue the wining about Silverstone's new surface.

Go jim!
Old 12 Oct 2018, 23:49 (Ref:3856359)   #251
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
What v8 Fireworks means is they went from springs and bars to the much more advanced active suspension, and then the muppets of FOM took the formula back to springs and bars, i.e. living in the past.

F1 consistently lives in the past, unless pursuing someone's agenda when they claim they cannot unwind what they have learnt, yet they do it all the time with a couple of strokes of a pen!
Old 13 Oct 2018, 03:52 (Ref:3856372)   #252
bathurst77
Racer

bathurst77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer65 View Post
Why make qualifying anymore important than it already is by attaching points to it? Points for fastest laps would just see people in 14th or 15th making a pit stop for ultra softs 3 laps from the end.
I love the idea of mid field and back markers suddenly going for broke and adding some excitement
Old 13 Oct 2018, 04:06 (Ref:3856374)   #253
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
I love the idea of mid field and back markers suddenly going for broke and adding some excitement
They used to that.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 04:51 (Ref:3856377)   #254
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
They used to that.
I be used to that too....

edit: I'm sorry. Correction. I is used to that too.

jimclark
Old 13 Oct 2018, 05:29 (Ref:3856378)   #255
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

So pretty!

The rear wheels and tyres have already been restored to nearly exactly '92 size (~400mm tyre on 13"x17" wide rim).

So the next step is just to make the front tyres narrower and slightly smaller in diameter, make the rear wing taller, front wing narrower, increase the overall width back to 2.15m and instate a maximum car length to re-acheive iconic F1 proportions!