Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 15 Sep 2006, 11:57 (Ref:1710952)   #1
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Australian Moto GP weekend thread

Combined FP1/2 practice times - Moto GP
de Puniet 1:29.745, Loris 30.3, Hayden 30.4, Sete 30.6, Nakano & Stoner 30.7, Melandri 30.8
then Rossi, Kenny, Checa, Tamada, Hopkins, Edwards, Vermuelen, Hofmann, Elias, Dani, Cardoso and Ellison

250s QP1
Lorenzo 33.2, Guintoli 33.9, de Angelis 34.0, Aoyama 34.1, Dovizioso & Barbera 34.2, Smrz & Simoncelli 34.3

125s QP1
Kallio 36.6, Luthi, Faubel, Olive & Bautista 37.3, Pesek 37.4, Pasini & Gadea 37.6, Simon 37.7. Bradley Smith 16th on his return
Old 15 Sep 2006, 16:55 (Ref:1711230)   #2
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting times so far. Rossi and Edwards are complaining of lack of grip.

Hayden wants more traction out of the slow corners and would like to be consistently in the 1:30's after Saturday's work. Meanwhile, Pedro-bot was feeling the affects of his Sepang spill and took it easy.

Both Ducati men looking strong.

And the boys in green looked pretty darn good today. Nice showing. It would be good to see them follow Ducati and make better use of the Bridgestone tires.
Old 15 Sep 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1711283)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lorenzo looked absolutely unstoppable in the 250 class. What a season he is having.

Rumours of rain on Sunday!
Old 16 Sep 2006, 02:31 (Ref:1711537)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well Im happy qualifying is on today and I actually get to see it for once

30 minutes till the telecast starts
Old 16 Sep 2006, 02:43 (Ref:1711544)   #5
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Damn, why do I have work?

Anyway, 3 different leaders in 3 different sessions means this will be annother classic.

I am worried by Hayden's pace though...
Old 16 Sep 2006, 03:08 (Ref:1711550)   #6
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Worried? Gee, don't be so obvious Hazza!

Rossi moved up, and Capirossi is still right there. Should be a great qualifying session.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 03:39 (Ref:1711560)   #7
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Foxtel have come up with a Grand Prix Bonanza this weekend and I'm happily glued to the sofa

EVERYTHING LIVE!!

I'd forgotten what a qualifying lap looked like, in any motorsport...
Old 16 Sep 2006, 04:10 (Ref:1711567)   #8
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
I thought ch10's TV coverage on day 2 was starting at 1:00pm. It's 12:00pm and it just started in WA.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 05:01 (Ref:1711572)   #9
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Hayden on pole, just for you Hazza!
Old 16 Sep 2006, 05:06 (Ref:1711573)   #10
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
So what happened to Capirossi and Gibernau?

Three Yamahas in the top 6. Should be a great race.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 05:12 (Ref:1711575)   #11
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Damn you nicky!

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!

I just finished, so I've popped by to listen to the live coverage on Eurosport....

Good pace by Colin.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 05:33 (Ref:1711582)   #12
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So what happened to Capirossi and Gibernau?
The Bridgestone qually tyres couldn't last a single lap. The Ducatis, Suzukis and one of the Kawasakis set their best times on race tyres.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 06:36 (Ref:1711593)   #13
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Give us something to cheer about Casey!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 16 Sep 2006, 07:20 (Ref:1711613)   #14
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
great showing from the kawasaki boys and Checa of all people.

I predict Carlos to throw it into the dirt in his usual im a hopeless rider sort of way in the first few laps but well done to him anyway

should be an interesting day tomorrow , not sure what the weather is going to do though ?
Old 16 Sep 2006, 09:38 (Ref:1711715)   #15
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Rossi gets onto the front row by the skin of his teeth after an off with two minutes to go. And right in front of Nicky too! Nice recovery.

Ducatis... Big surprise. Anyway, the further back Loris is the better, he's been too quick recently! I bet he'll be flying in the race though. Tyres confuse me..

Have to say that Hayden looked great on his qualifying lap, very aggressive. Deserved pole. In fact he had pole here last season too, now he has to convert into victory. That means vanquishing the "Yellow Thing"!

I had to say no to my better half when she asked me to go to a cat show on Sunday. Are you insane, I said... I can't wait for the race
Old 16 Sep 2006, 10:17 (Ref:1711752)   #16
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All looks quite promising for Rossi, if they can get the race tyres to last. Seems like there's a divide between who's fast on long runs and who's fast on a single lap, which could make for a good race.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 12:18 (Ref:1711803)   #17
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wouldn't it be great to see someone beat Rossi in a straight fight? If Hayden is to win the title in style it would be fitting he wins a last lap dice with Rossi. I wouldn't be angry if that happened. I like Nicky but I need him to WIN in style! C'mon Kentucky man, STICK IT TO 'EM

Otherwise, roll on Yellow Thing.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 12:59 (Ref:1711818)   #18
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidStHubbins
Wouldn't it be great to see someone beat Rossi in a straight fight?
With Hayden on a Honda and Rossi on that sorry excuse for a motorcycle I am not sure I would call it a straight or fair fight. What he has achieved on that 'yellow thing' this year has and still astounds me.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 13:06 (Ref:1711820)   #19
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
With Hayden on a Honda and Rossi on that sorry excuse for a motorcycle I am not sure I would call it a straight or fair fight. What he has achieved on that 'yellow thing' this year has and still astounds me.
True.

Rossi never ceases to astound me... Genius!

But I'm looking for a way to celebrate Hayden possibly winning the title. I need it to be in style!

Either that or Hayden DNF's in which case Rossi will rightfully continue to be the CHAMP. Even if Rossi doesn't win the title he's still in another stratosphere to the others. Pedrosa has potential though - even if he is a child...
Old 16 Sep 2006, 16:56 (Ref:1711913)   #20
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Hayden doesn't sound too confident though. He said the bike worked great on the qualiy and he could ride hard. But he and the team are still looking for more grip. I think we'll see the red bikes coming through the field trying to chase down Rossi. But I'm not sure that's possible.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 17:05 (Ref:1711914)   #21
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sadly the power of the Dukes will see them up front extra quick.

I'm hoping the tyres are equal come race day.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 17:16 (Ref:1711920)   #22
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Dunno, if Rossi can make a break that will see the red bikes using up their tires I'm afraid. Hopefully I'm wrong, as I'd like to see another cracker of a race. We shall see how it plays out. On the other hand, maybe Rossi will make one of his bad starts and we'll see him AND the red bikes roar through!
Old 16 Sep 2006, 17:20 (Ref:1711921)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And then Gibernau will promptly fall off.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 17:24 (Ref:1711925)   #24
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I was on another board, and apparently the commentators during qualifying were saying that Nicky mentioned that he is talking to other teams. I'm seriously thinking he will not be at Honda next year.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 02:21 (Ref:1712078)   #25
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
125 race red-flagged on the first lap. Pasini, Pesek, Faubel, Gadea and Ranseder were involved in crashes, looks like Gadea was injured.

Restart now.