Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 28 Apr 2020, 14:58 (Ref:3973388)   #276
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
France has banned all sporting events, including behind closed doors, until the end of August. It is very hard to see going from that to >100,000 spectator events three weeks later.
Old 28 Apr 2020, 16:33 (Ref:3973408)   #277
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
France has banned all sporting events, including behind closed doors, until the end of August. It is very hard to see going from that to >100,000 spectator events three weeks later.
DSC say events with "more than 5000 spectators" are not allowed before September. A little less restrictive than I thought, though my doubt stands about going from that to a 150,000 spectator event in September feeling like a stretch.
Old 28 Apr 2020, 16:47 (Ref:3973413)   #278
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
DSC say events with "more than 5000 spectators" are not allowed before September. A little less restrictive than I thought, though my doubt stands about going from that to a 150,000 spectator event in September feeling like a stretch.
I confirm banned for more than 5000.

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 4 May 2020, 10:40 (Ref:3974407)   #279
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As I understand, France is telling foreigners not to come for there holidays this summer. Does this mean the chance for a race in sept just got 0%.
Correct me if I understood that wrong, my Frence is a little rusty.
Old 7 May 2020, 15:38 (Ref:3974955)   #280
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think there's enough information yet to jump to conclusions.

The race dates are now outside of what you'd call the traditional European summer holidays.

But I think this is just another announcement that shows that the race is marginal. One thing I've been thinking about is - would people expect a French Ligue 1 football game to go ahead in a full stadium by the end of September? And if the answer is no then I'm not sure Le Mans could run with spectators.
Old 7 May 2020, 20:06 (Ref:3974999)   #281
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
As I understand, France is telling foreigners not to come for there holidays this summer. Does this mean the chance for a race in sept just got 0%.

Correct me if I understood that wrong, my Frence is a little rusty.
Not exactly René
For now our President said that the long international travels will probably be limited. We could expect for french people to go to Europa on summer holidays but it will depend of the pandemia. We can understand that what is true fir trench people could be true for european foreigners.

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 8 May 2020, 09:25 (Ref:3975063)   #282
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
We are fast approaching the original date of the race and little certainty that the new dates will be practical. If it happens i will do my utmost to be there but not sure what will happen.
Old 12 May 2020, 10:46 (Ref:3975691)   #283
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just send a email to ACO asking them if my 2020 tickets can be valid for 2021, not sure if I can make it in september.
Old 12 May 2020, 13:05 (Ref:3975704)   #284
pinkdigital
Rookie

pinkdigital should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ACO has previously confirmed that you can move you tickets to next year.
Old 12 May 2020, 17:34 (Ref:3975756)   #285
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdigital View Post
ACO has previously confirmed that you can move you tickets to next year.
The only email I got was I could use them for september, where did you read I can move the tickets to 2021?
Old 18 May 2020, 19:35 (Ref:3977009)   #286
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Motorsport UK have released a document detailing some of the thinking about a return to racing in a socially distanced world.

It's challenge before you even factor in fans. Obviously this is UK-based but a lot of the thinking can be applied across Europe.

Drivers sharing cars, marshals sharing marshal posts etc. Limited number of team personnel. If this is the way it has to be - if for example there was a large crash, barrier repairs etc, if could be really tough.

https://www.autosport.com/national/n...orsport-return
Old 19 May 2020, 15:34 (Ref:3977176)   #287
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Just received an e-mail from the Tourist Office stating (as has mentioned here before) that as of May 15th (why only sending out the mail the 19th) you cannot get a refund on your tickets, only a credit counting towards next year. And that you have to apply for that credit May 28th latest.

So if I don't apply for that credit and keep my tickets for the September event, what will happen if between end of May and half of September the race gets moved again (or cancelled)? I definitely can not make to whatever date they decide to move it to.
Old 19 May 2020, 17:41 (Ref:3977190)   #288
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
28th of may..... What? I bought my tickets from ACO only got one mail stating I have to respond before 31th if I want a refund or the tickets are valed for september. No communication after that. I've send a mail asking to keep my tickets for 2021, so far no response. WHY are they so bad in communication.
Old 19 May 2020, 17:55 (Ref:3977193)   #289
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Like you i have had one email asking if i want a refund but nothing else, hoping to use them in September but will see
Old 20 May 2020, 21:33 (Ref:3977420)   #290
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Here are the responses
https://www.lemans.org/en/news/24-ho...-process/53730
Old 21 May 2020, 06:16 (Ref:3977456)   #291
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mine came as a package with camping so I'm in the hands of the tour operator.
Old 21 May 2020, 07:51 (Ref:3977464)   #292
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
So, they change the rules and don't tell there members who bought tickets. That is not very friendly to your members.
Still no answer on my mail from ACO, also not very friendly.
I will get a credit than and keep my fingers crossed they arrange things properly so I can use it as soon as tickets go on sale so I can have my favourite campsite and grandstand. hopefully I can drive up in september for only the weekend and get a ticket at the gate, I think it will not be very crowded.
Old 21 May 2020, 08:18 (Ref:3977466)   #293
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shady tactics from the ACO. Especially giving so little time. Only 10 days to make sure you've mailed the tickets back to France if, like me, you've already got them.

Part of me thinks I might get the credit note. It won't be hard to re-purchase GE tickets or probably even grandstands for the race if it does run.

My gut feeling is it runs but without fans. Say you got even a modest attendance of 100k fans - would any government authorise that size of gathering, when you then add in team members and track officials? Plus you'd need to somehow try and make sure everything was socially distant.

So if it did get further down the line and say they're running behind closed doors, I don't think they could just take everyone's money. But I might be wrong...
Old 21 May 2020, 10:23 (Ref:3977484)   #294
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, I have pretty much given up on going this year. I hope the race happens in some form (besides a video game) but either way, I will most likely not be there for the first time since 2013.
Old 21 May 2020, 11:28 (Ref:3977495)   #295
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

So if it did get further down the line and say they're running behind closed doors, I don't think they could just take everyone's money. But I might be wrong...
That would be the sharpest of sharp practices if they announce a decision to run it behind closed doors after their 'claim by' date has passed....
Old 21 May 2020, 12:15 (Ref:3977506)   #296
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
That is what I am fearing is going to happen.
Old 21 May 2020, 14:19 (Ref:3977535)   #297
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I am sure they will do something if we can not attend, otherwise they would look very bad.
Old 21 May 2020, 14:40 (Ref:3977537)   #298
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suspect they would fall foul of the consumer protection legislation if they did something sneaky.
Old 21 May 2020, 14:56 (Ref:3977542)   #299
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Unless they decided to go into receivership, but pretty sure that will not happen, i think we will be safe hanging on to tickets at the moment
Old 21 May 2020, 17:58 (Ref:3977574)   #300
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I suspect they would fall foul of the consumer protection legislation if they did something sneaky.
Agree ...... but remember, they are French! Different rules apply!
Closed Thread