Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 9 Feb 2006, 10:00 (Ref:1518654)   #1
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
MotorSport Vision Racing (MSVR)

At last, we hear news of Brands Hatch's plans for the future.

I've just (like 5 minutes ago) got an email telling "us" that MSVR will be the new name for what was BHLRC (or whatever).

Headed by David Scott (from March 1st), volunteering via the wonderful Mildred using either her BRSCC email or a soon to be implemented MSV one. No subscripion costs to marshals.
Meetings - a clubbie, a junior festival, an FPA meeting and
yep, WTCC, DTM and A1GP

guess what's in the email already?
Old 9 Feb 2006, 10:04 (Ref:1518658)   #2
turbo-ww
Racer

England
turbo-ww should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motor Sport Vision Racing

Guys & Gals, my inbox this morning contained this:

Discuss.....

MotorSport Vision Racing
MotorSport Vision Centre
Brands Hatch Circuit
Fawkham
Longfield
Kent DA3 8NG

8th February 2006

Dear Fellow Marshal

As from 1st March 2006 I will be joining MotorSport Vision organising race meetings for them under the MotorSport Vision Racing (MSVR) banner. MSVR is the new name for Brands Hatch Racing Club which many of you will have fond memories of from years gone by. BHRC has in the past enjoyed a prominent position as an organiser of British motor sport and I am joining MSV to help Jonathan Palmer bring back this capability to Brands Hatch, as well as the other circuits in the MSV group.

My background in motor sport takes me back over 40 years. For those of you who do not know me, I was Southern Region Chairman & National Training Officer for the Marshals’ Club in the 70’s. With John Hutchins I helped – with lots of contributions – to write the original MSA book “How to Marshal at Motor Races”. As Chief Observer for BGP in the 80’s I worked with Peter Griffin of BARC and Tony Beadle of the BRSCC to select Officials in a fair way and regardless of Club.

In my new position at MSVR I would like to welcome all marshals and officials and hope that you will support our events. MSVR see no reason to form another marshals’ club and it is not our intention to do that. Indeed, we very much intend to work with all other clubs and organisations involved in our sport to ensure that we can all deliver safe and exciting motor racing.

Attached is a list of our 2006 events, which I hope you will be able to attend. You will note that they are a combination of club level and larger international events. There are some really exciting new championships visiting Brands Hatch this year, such as World Touring Cars and DTM and I very much hope that you will be as keen as I am to be part of these high profile televised meetings. Please don’t forget that club meetings need marshals too, though!

Mildred Wiltshire has very kindly agreed to take on the role of MSVR Marshal
Co-ordinator. It would help both her and me if you could volunteer by email where possible. Her email address is mildred and very shortly you will also be able to volunteer to marshals@msvr which will also go straight to Mildred as long as you put ‘Brands Hatch’ in the subject box.

If you are not on email then you can always send your volunteering form to:
Mildred Wiltshire

Whatever your preferred means of communication, we very much look forward to receiving your completed Marshals’ Volunteering Form, at your earliest convenience.

Finally, let me just assure that having spent many, many years on post, I am very aware of the issues that concern marshals, such as length of meetings, lunchtime stand downs and quality of equipment and posts. Jonathan takes these seriously too and I will be working hard to ensure that the structure of our meetings recognises these issues, for all our good.

I very much look forward to welcoming you to your first MSVR race meeting in due course.

Yours sincerely

David Scott
MSVR
Event Director and Clerk of the Course
Old 9 Feb 2006, 10:19 (Ref:1518672)   #3
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo-ww
[I]Guys & Gals, my inbox this morning contained this:
too slow by 4 minutes WW pobly cos I did'nt copy n' paste
BTW I think it's good (to get the calendar confirmed at last)
only 5 weeks to that first meeting of 06
Old 9 Feb 2006, 10:37 (Ref:1518683)   #4
turbo-ww
Racer

England
turbo-ww should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely looks positive, can't believe the season has come round so quickly.

Now need to sift through piles of correspondence and figure what to do and what not...
Old 9 Feb 2006, 11:04 (Ref:1518707)   #5
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This seems like a very genuine and sincere email from David - not had it personally as I'm not a BH regular.
However, Oulton is MSV, so I look forward to a great 2006 season
Old 9 Feb 2006, 11:18 (Ref:1518725)   #6
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also got the BRSCC SE availability sheet in the postbox this morning. What they have not shown on there is the Uniroyal Funcup on 2nd September.
Old 9 Feb 2006, 11:23 (Ref:1518728)   #7
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Can someone forward me the events list please!
Old 9 Feb 2006, 11:26 (Ref:1518732)   #8
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
Al - surely some grammatical error in your post,
you have the word Fun next to the word Uniroyal....

Do you actually mean the meeting of Sept 2/3 is'nt listed - that was meant to be a biggie for the BRSCC (not that it actually bothers me cos
(a) I'm off on holiday anyway
(b) that's revival weekend for a lot of us
Old 9 Feb 2006, 11:30 (Ref:1518740)   #9
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
Can someone forward me the events list please!
please please please, Can I be first to be forward with the boss????
you know I've done it for you already
Old 9 Feb 2006, 11:54 (Ref:1518752)   #10
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The meeting of Sept 2/3 is listed but they list the same races on both days. However the BRSCC HQ web site shows Uniroyal Beetle thingy on Sept 2. Confused - I am
Old 9 Feb 2006, 18:45 (Ref:1519029)   #11
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
BRSCC(SE) arrived in post today
Old 9 Feb 2006, 19:21 (Ref:1519050)   #12
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a bit cautious with regard to all this as all i can see is a name change to the same group of people. I see that all those meetings are major ones, and am thinking that it maybe a legal thing, or a liability one. At a BRSCC meeting it would be organised and paid for by the BRSCC but what about all those others not directly affiliated with an organising group. As the BRSCC would have no reason to organise ither ones. I see this as puting a name on the book so to speak.

But i agree its good to final hear something
Old 9 Feb 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1519092)   #13
spottymarshal
Rookie

England
Chatham,Kent
spottymarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
E-mailed back my list to Mildred and also wished her good luck and got this reply today

Quote:
Thanks - it is just a voluntary Marshals job - same as I do for BRSCC/HSCC/ also helping out AMOC/MGCC trying to get marshals to help at Brands meetings

Best Wishes

Mildred
Old 9 Feb 2006, 20:40 (Ref:1519106)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
First of all great news that David Scott and the team are joining MSVR and also huge thanks to Mildred for taking on the role of marshals co-ordinator. Im sure most of us dont have any idea of the enormous effort Mildred puts into the sport on our and the clubs behalf. Please join me in wisheing them all well for the future.

Its also good to see that MSVR do not wish to start a marshals club, it is not something they need and would only mean another cost to many of us. I look forward to the first meeting and meeting many old friends once again.
Old 9 Feb 2006, 22:02 (Ref:1519196)   #15
Julian
Racer

United Kingdom
Towcester
Julian should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a MSVR form now on www.marshals.org.uk
Old 10 Feb 2006, 07:52 (Ref:1519416)   #16
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Many thanks Julian.
Old 10 Feb 2006, 17:02 (Ref:1519782)   #17
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
archaic gold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All BMMC(SE) have been sent a form with the February Newsletter, posted today!
Old 10 Feb 2006, 22:01 (Ref:1519956)   #18
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got my BRSCC-SE form yesterday and was a bit confused when I couldn't see the WTCC, DTM and A1GP meetings on it. The only meeting that I have volunteered for is the Formula Ford Festival as its a yearly ritual now to spend 3 days on post 4 with the Evil one!

Lo and behold, on checking my E-mail tonight I got the form off Mildred which will be winging its way back to her shortly. Should be making the long trek down for the WTCC, DTM, A1GP and might try to fit in a visit to London with a day at the FPA meeting in November!

At least now my marshalling for the year is sorted out. Still got to tell the wife how many weekends I'm away for though!

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 11 Feb 2006, 10:08 (Ref:1520204)   #19
garybirch
Racer

England
Taunton, Somerset UK
garybirch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Annoyed they've changed the A1GP dates. Originally the MSV website had them down for a week before. Now I can't do it! Last year it was the best weekend I did.
GGRRR :-(