Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 21 Jun 2008, 11:13 (Ref:2234009)   #26
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 21 Jun 2008, 18:40 (Ref:2234236)   #27
bf1
Racer

Ireland
Waterford, Ireland / Swansea, Wales
bf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin Holmes Pirelli World Rallying Annuals are quite good bit pricey over here though
Old 21 Jun 2008, 20:50 (Ref:2234322)   #28
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I've just purchased Innes Ireland's All Arms and Elbows and have been deliberating over a copy of Mon Ami Mate by Chris Nixon, due to the high price tag.
Old 21 Jun 2008, 21:41 (Ref:2234355)   #29
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Deliberate no longer. Well worth the £55 or whatever.
Old 29 Jun 2008, 14:35 (Ref:2239712)   #30
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All arms and elbows is awesome...
Old 29 Jun 2008, 15:39 (Ref:2239756)   #31
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
All arms and elbows is awesome...
I just finished it this morning actually, and I agree.

Ireland was not only a talented driver, but a great character and a great writer too, and it makes for a riveting read.

Ensign - I can't quite bring myself to part with the cash for Mon Ami Mate at present. I may wait until Christmas.
Old 1 Jul 2008, 15:52 (Ref:2241506)   #32
Pete Fenelon
Racer

Pete Fenelon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
Ensign - I can't quite bring myself to part with the cash for Mon Ami Mate at present. I may wait until Christmas.
55 quid is buttons for a book that good. Really. Chris Nixon gets right into the personalities of Mike, Peter and their whole circle. It's one of the longest and most detailed racing books out there, beautifully written and illustrated and truly epic in its scope.

What really comes out of it is the sense that although Mike was good, Peter was truly great, probably up there with Moss and Brooks as a raw talent. Statistics don't reflect greatness, though...
Old 1 Jul 2008, 16:11 (Ref:2241533)   #33
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Well Pete and Ensign, I've just ordered myself a copy for the princely sun of £58.99.

Don't tell my other half.
Old 1 Jul 2008, 16:43 (Ref:2241557)   #34
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
You won't regret it. Give it 20 years and they'll be the rocking horse refuse type of rarity and 250GTO desirability.

There's a bit of a twist in the middle as well.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 22:58 (Ref:2242649)   #35
Pete Fenelon
Racer

Pete Fenelon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
You won't regret it. Give it 20 years and they'll be the rocking horse refuse type of rarity and 250GTO desirability.

There's a bit of a twist in the middle as well.
I think it was a bit more than a twist, if we're thinking of the same post-race celebration
Old 19 Jul 2008, 08:26 (Ref:2253765)   #36
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'm thoroughly enjoying this book, and have reached the twist.

One thing I did notice - On page 28 there is a photograph of Collins aboard a JBS, alongside an un-named gentleman who is a ringer for a certain Mr Mosley. Could it be him or would he have been much younger at that time?