Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 13 Jul 2008, 20:07 (Ref:2250279)   #76
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
Well, I'm still very much enjoying it. Let's not over-analyse the show.
completely in agreement

Really good laugh especially the max mosley comment
Old 14 Jul 2008, 14:08 (Ref:2250656)   #77
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think we'll be seeing Bill Oddie as a star in a reasonably priced car any time soon.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 21:05 (Ref:2250865)   #78
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Isn't that a great idea though? There should be Bill Oddie masks available everywhere to confound the Truvelo cameras.
Old 15 Jul 2008, 14:21 (Ref:2251333)   #79
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Enjoyed EP 4! LOL at the viewer who complained about him crossing the solid line.

The race was quite enjoyable also!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 17 Jul 2008, 21:27 (Ref:2252957)   #80
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If i go to Japan remind me to check the bill oddie masks out
Old 25 Jul 2008, 04:45 (Ref:2257552)   #81
MarshalMoore
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leicester
MarshalMoore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Sunday is the last one of the series!

It is just so funny, they make a great team.

The Bill Oddie idea was excellent! Some of the complaints they get tho, put Top Gear (Current Format) into wikipedia or google. The complaints are listed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
It wasn't a normal trackday, it was staged for Top Gear.

Next time you're at a trackday, try ramming into a stationary car in the pitlane (no Lewis Hamilton gags please) and see if you're allowed to go continue.
Their is a fair amount of staged parts on Top Gear. But it makes excellent Viewing!

Last edited by MarshalMoore; 25 Jul 2008 at 04:48.
Old 25 Jul 2008, 08:11 (Ref:2257609)   #82
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I suspect that the main men have also negotitated a much shorter series aswell, I am sure it ran for longer than this before

Success breeds....
Old 25 Jul 2008, 09:01 (Ref:2257639)   #83
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
One thing I did notice (proving just how sad I am) is that on the track day there was a single seater blasting around with everything else - that struck me as odd, single seaters aren't normally out with proper cars are they?
they are quite often at Zolder, at the weekly "international test day"
Old 25 Jul 2008, 13:10 (Ref:2257736)   #84
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Yes 6 episodes seems a bit short. But looking back..

Season 7 was 6 episodes with 2 "best of" episodes added and then the Winter Olympics Episode.
Season 8 was 8 episodes.
Season 9 was again 6 episodes with 7 best ofs added together with the Polar Special.
Season 10 had 10 episodes..

And now season 11 has 6 again. So it follows suit really... I think the shorter seasons have had a week or two gap in between some Sundays? Whereas this season its all done and dusted in 6 weeks.

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 28 Jul 2008, 16:09 (Ref:2259118)   #85
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
OK so it is all over Well until the Autumn which Isn't all that far away!

I really enjoyed the german shinannigans! Ariving in the spitfires was ace! I'd love to see the german's show of the whole event.

JK beating the lap record was a bit OTT but not too bad.

New fastest car ... Gumpert.. hmmm

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 28 Jul 2008, 17:50 (Ref:2259154)   #86
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully the fact that Top Gear got someone who stood a chance of beating Cowell means the section of the show will be scrapped. It's a waste of 10 mins really.
Old 31 Jul 2008, 17:18 (Ref:2261117)   #87
ensign14
Veteran

Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Trouble is they picked the one man on the planet who's an even bigger twunt than Bowell to do so.
Old 31 Jul 2008, 18:18 (Ref:2261137)   #88
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89
Hopefully the fact that Top Gear got someone who stood a chance of beating Cowell means the section of the show will be scrapped. It's a waste of 10 mins really.
I did wonder whether Richard's destroying of fast car board and then JK coming back to beat Cowell was to retire the track.

Dunsfold Park airfield is under threat from the planners with a decision some time soon IIRC

This is what the Airfield will look like if the plans go through
Old 31 Jul 2008, 19:41 (Ref:2261195)   #89
ensign14
Veteran

Deception Island
Incidentally, how many laps did JK have to set that time? Eight? Remember when they brought in the reasonably priced Chevy that it was going to be ONE lap and one lap only? That's why Jimmy Carr, who was top of the old board after nailing one freak lap, was at the bottom, as he went off on his.

Jamiroquai = FRAUD. Fact.
Old 31 Jul 2008, 19:59 (Ref:2261210)   #90
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My head exploded with rage.

Then I realised that it wasn't important and I actually know nothing about it!
Old 31 Jul 2008, 20:00 (Ref:2261212)   #91
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
Just watched the end of the re-run

James 'actually its not the Stig' May

The spitfires at the start were incredible
Old 31 Jul 2008, 20:01 (Ref:2261215)   #92
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
For the original Suzuki SiaRPC it was your best lap of the day. As I recall when Ellen MacArthur was on she complained she couldn't get another run but then Clarkson said there was no point as she was already top of the leader board.

When the Chevy was introduced they said they restricted the celebs to 5 laps and it was the fifth lap not the fastest that counted, which was why Jimmy Carr at the bottom.

Then again, since when has Top Gear been know for being entirely honest.
Old 31 Jul 2008, 20:15 (Ref:2261224)   #93
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
and long may it continue!
Old 31 Jul 2008, 22:58 (Ref:2261314)   #94
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt
Just watched the end of the re-run

James 'actually its not the Stig' May

The spitfires at the start were incredible
The spitfires would have looked better if the cameraman had the settings correct so as not to strobe their props.

Oh and hadn't realised Duxford had moved to Belgium...right next to Zolder, how very convient.
Old 1 Aug 2008, 08:53 (Ref:2261508)   #95
ensign14
Veteran

Deception Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
For the original Suzuki SiaRPC it was your best lap of the day. As I recall when Ellen MacArthur was on she complained she couldn't get another run but then Clarkson said there was no point as she was already top of the leader board.

When the Chevy was introduced they said they restricted the celebs to 5 laps and it was the fifth lap not the fastest that counted, which was why Jimmy Carr at the bottom.

So the upshot is JK is a fraud.

Fact.

There has never been anything more factish.
Old 2 Aug 2008, 09:49 (Ref:2262032)   #96
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan

Oh and hadn't realised Duxford had moved to Belgium...right next to Zolder, how very convient.
Convenient or just "artistic licence"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
So the upshot is JK is a fraud.

Fact.
A tit more like