Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 6 Jan 2008, 12:41 (Ref:2100574)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Who's showing what in the UK in 2008?

Following on from the TV: Who's showing what in the UK in 2007? topic, I've started this new one for 2008. I wasn't sure what to call it so went with 'TV: Who's showing what in the UK in 2008?' Guess it'll work

Please post any updates and/or corrections below and I will fill in the blanks on the main chart here in the first post. Please always include a link to the official news release/confirmation for verification purposes.

SeriesLive CoverageDelayed/HighlightsDiscuss
International Single Seaters:
A1GPSky SportsSky Sports, Channel 5 
Champ Car   
Formula OneITVITV 
F3 Euroseries   
German Formula BMW   
GP2   
GP2 AsiaEurosportEurosport 
Indycar   
World Series By Renault   
National Single Seaters:
British F3   
Formula BMW   
Formula Renault   
GT & Sportscar Racing:
ALMS   
British GT   
FIA GT   
Grand Am   
Japanese Super GT   
Le Mans 24hrs   
LMS   
Porsche Carrera Cup (France)   
Porsche Carrera Cup (UK)   
Nascar:
NASCAR Nationwide SeriesNASNNASN 
NASCAR Craftsman Trucks   
NASCAR Sprint CupSky SportsSky Sports 
Touring Cars:
BTCCITV  
DTM   
V8 Supercars   
V8 Utes   
WTCCEurosport  
National Level Racing:
Peugeot 207 Syder Cup   
Porsche Carrera Cup (France)   
Porsche Carrera Cup (UK)   
Renault Clio Cup   
Seat Cupra Championship   
Rallying:
British Rally Championship   
Dunlop Irish National Tarmac Championship   
Global Group Irish Tarmac Championship   
Hankook Irish National Forestry   
World Rally ChampionshipEurosport (some stages)Eurosport, Dave 
Bike Racing:
British Superbikes   
Moto GPEurosportEurosport 
Superstock European Championship   
World SuperbikesEurosportEurosport 
World SupersportsEurosportEurosport 
Others:
Brisca F1 Stock Cars   
British National Open Championship Karting   
British Rallycross   
CORR Pro Series   
European Drag Championship   
European Drift Championship   

Last edited by Knowlesy; 8 Feb 2008 at 21:03.
Old 6 Jan 2008, 23:06 (Ref:2100927)   #2
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
http://www.livesportontv.com/ works well for well.. LIVE sports on TV and its for the UK.

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 7 Jan 2008, 07:00 (Ref:2101031)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Craig you may want to update the new names of the NASCAR series this year as you prolly forgot..
Old 7 Jan 2008, 09:35 (Ref:2101077)   #4
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Starting from the top;

German FBMW is now combined with British to become Euro FBMW
GP Masters cancelled.
Old 7 Jan 2008, 09:49 (Ref:2101082)   #5
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A1GP confirmed on Sky at least for 07/08 season.
add ARCA never before seen on british TV -LAST season just statred on Motors TV sat night!
Old 7 Jan 2008, 13:33 (Ref:2101163)   #6
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
F1 on ITV1, WRC highlights on Dave.
Old 7 Jan 2008, 15:23 (Ref:2101222)   #7
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
V8 Supercars Some live, mostly same day delay
DTM Live
ALMS (mostly live), LMS (mostly Live) and 24 Hour LeMans LIVE
CORR (07 Season)
ARCA (selected 07 races)

ALL MotorsTV

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 7 Jan 2008 at 15:28.
Old 7 Jan 2008, 20:12 (Ref:2101424)   #8
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Moto GP is on the BBC and Eurosport again
Old 7 Jan 2008, 20:14 (Ref:2101425)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Following on from the TV: Who's showing what in the UK in 2007? topic, I've started this new one for 2008. I wasn't sure what to call it so went with 'TV: Who's showing what in the UK in 2008?' Guess it'll work

Catchy and original eh - can't be bad!

Thanks Craig.
Old 8 Jan 2008, 01:46 (Ref:2101577)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I enquired with Setanta/NASN if they would be showing NASCAR Sprint Cup by the way and they said they will be, from the start as well (hopefully this means we get the Bud Shootout and Gatorade Duels too). No idea if they'll show the Nationwide Series though.

Although I think NASN are rebranding this year to ESPN or something. Not sure, it has been rumoured for a while.
Old 8 Jan 2008, 21:54 (Ref:2102183)   #11
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 14 Jan 2008, 20:13 (Ref:2106137)   #12
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
WRC highlights on Dave.
my mum can't stand dave-too much top gear i thought dave was for older shows and repeats etc...-why is wrc on there?
Old 15 Jan 2008, 09:34 (Ref:2106456)   #13
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by btcckid
my mum can't stand dave-too much top gear i thought dave was for older shows and repeats etc...-why is wrc on there?
Also on 'dave' GT Racer-a series about historic GT & sports car racing-started lastsunday-see thread in historic forum.
Old 15 Jan 2008, 18:38 (Ref:2106802)   #14
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
Also on 'dave' GT Racer-a series about historic GT & sports car racing-started lastsunday-see thread in historic forum.
ahh- saw that aswell-was wondering what channel it had been on before(now i know )-maybe dave is getting good programmes to watch now with motorsport and cars shows etc..
Old 16 Jan 2008, 09:41 (Ref:2107139)   #15
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
GP2 Asia-round 1-FRIDAY 25 Jan 11.amGMT-Live on British Eurosport2.
Old 19 Jan 2008, 14:29 (Ref:2109390)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASN
NASCAR Nationwide Series
Season long coverage of the NASCAR Nationwide Series. Almost all of the races will be broadcast on a delayed / ?as-live? basis.

NASCAR Sprint Cup
The exact nature of our NASCAR Sprint Cup rights are still being finalized and we hope to have an announcement before the season begins on February 17th.

NASCAR NOW
ESPN?s NASCAR Now show will be broadcast throughout the season on NASN in the UK.
Old 21 Jan 2008, 18:23 (Ref:2110703)   #17
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, am I right in thinking the only way to watch live GP2 and A1GP is to get either Sky or Virgin?

My housemates aren't sports fans, so I could be footing a large bill to watch it...
Old 22 Jan 2008, 09:58 (Ref:2111120)   #18
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallard
So, am I right in thinking the only way to watch live GP2 and A1GP is to get either Sky or Virgin?
Correct im afraid.You will need Sky Sports to get live A1GP or IRL.I think Eurosport,which will deliver ,GP2,IFM,WTCC comes with the basic Sky or Virgin? package. I can get the International version of Eurosport 1 free via my old analogue satelite box.
Old 22 Jan 2008, 16:15 (Ref:2111317)   #19
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Daytona 24hrs also live on British Eurosport 2 this weekend.
Old 23 Jan 2008, 00:12 (Ref:2111659)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
cool, didnt know daytona was live

The French are just utterly obssessed with endurance racing, thast why all this sportscar stuff is on.
Endurance racing is by far the most popular form of racing for fans over there. hence Motors covering it
Old 30 Jan 2008, 09:40 (Ref:2116887)   #21
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Something I found while 'surfing' at the weekend;
A channel called 'Xleague .com' channel 279 on Sky-seems to be mainly a gaming service but was showing NASCAR late models from Irwindale! for an hour.Repeated today at 1pm,also 'hill cimbing'from 4pm,then Drag racing from 5pm.
Old 30 Jan 2008, 19:52 (Ref:2117269)   #22
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just been reading on Digital Spy that Sky Sports seem to be showing NASCAR this year.
Old 30 Jan 2008, 20:41 (Ref:2117299)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

That really, really bothers me.

This means we will cut to the studio during yellows and thus miss out on information. We will not see pitstops and we will be left clueless as Keith Heuewen babbles inanely on, the director impervious to the fact that the race has gone green again.
Old 30 Jan 2008, 21:11 (Ref:2117320)   #24
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, Channel Five's coverage was terrible (The 'racing expert' was a sportscar driver, being the expert for a NASCAR race...) Cutting to the studio every yellow... And Channel Five is owned by Sky, so expect more of the same.... And don't get me started on 'Dave's' coverage of the WRC... OH. MY. GOD. Horrible attempts at 'humor', guy with an annoying haircut and saying 'WRC....On DAVE!!!' all the time, it makes me miss that scripted rubbish on Eurosport.
Old 30 Jan 2008, 21:45 (Ref:2117349)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I don't think it will be as bad as the Five coverage, in fairness!

Think more Indycar.