Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 30 Jan 2008, 23:18 (Ref:2117406)   #26
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
And Channel Five is owned by Sky, so expect more of the same....
Channel Five is NOT owned by SKY, FIVE is owned by Freemantle Group.
Old 31 Jan 2008, 01:53 (Ref:2117452)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Done a bit of searching around.

Sky guides are showing NASCAR schedules for first four rounds.

Some folk on various forums have phoned Sky, some being told there is only the Daytona 500 to be shown, some that the entire season, plus Budweiser Shootout and Twin 125's.

On top of this, some NASN schedules are showing NASCAR!

It's all about as clear as mud. It does look to me that Sky have it though - I wonder if we will have both Sky and Setanta showing it?
Old 31 Jan 2008, 17:37 (Ref:2117911)   #28
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan
Channel Five is NOT owned by SKY, FIVE is owned by Freemantle Group.
NO, it's owned by RTL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
Yeah, Channel Five's coverage was terrible (The 'racing expert' was a sportscar driver, being the expert for a NASCAR race...) Cutting to the studio every yellow...
The reason they did that was because NASCAR don't produce the TV feed like FOM do. It's produced by the US broadcaster, so they put on their overlays (so the wrong broadcaster's name is all over it) and they don't produce anything during commercial breaks, so they have no choice. The only way to do it would be if NASCAR did the TV feed (provided the director, cameramen and did the overlays) like FOM do for Formula One.

Quote:
And don't get me started on 'Dave's' coverage of the WRC... OH. MY. GOD. Horrible attempts at 'humor', guy with an annoying haircut and saying 'WRC....On DAVE!!!' all the time, it makes me miss that scripted rubbish on Eurosport.
I didn't find it that bad, I just think one hour per rally isn't enough though.
Old 31 Jan 2008, 21:12 (Ref:2118092)   #29
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
Quote:
Channel Five is NOT owned by SKY, FIVE is owned by Freemantle Group
NO, it's owned by RTL.
Which is 90% owned by Bertelsmann Group which also owns Freemantle. An easy mistake to make.
Old 1 Feb 2008, 08:53 (Ref:2118134)   #30
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallard
So, am I right in thinking the only way to watch live GP2 and A1GP is to get either Sky or Virgin?

My housemates aren't sports fans, so I could be footing a large bill to watch it...
GP2 will also be on ITV4
Old 1 Feb 2008, 14:05 (Ref:2118404)   #31
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol whay would you pay to watch that stuff!!

I know its motorsport but blimey!
Old 4 Feb 2008, 11:30 (Ref:2120632)   #32
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Done a bit of searching around.

Sky guides are showing NASCAR schedules for first four rounds.

It's all about as clear as mud. It does look to me that Sky have it though - I wonder if we will have both Sky and Setanta showing it?
Sky are reporting they have it! (and IRL).
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...108146,00.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
38 races of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
Cool.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 17:07 (Ref:2120853)   #33
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
LYNX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK - I watch in the region of South Alicante by satallite - what is available? Much of terrestial TV stops south of Benidorm unless you have a massive dish (house size). BBCi and ITV internet will not be received by an ISP outside UK. Suicide beckons! However if the worse comes to worst there is always Moto GP!
Old 4 Feb 2008, 18:34 (Ref:2120910)   #34
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Sky are reporting they have it! (and IRL).
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...108146,00.html

Cool.
Interesting! I hope that it's either on Sports 1 or Sports 3 though and not 2 or Xtra as I dumped the latter 2!!
Old 4 Feb 2008, 20:17 (Ref:2120997)   #35
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is there any chance of HD?
Old 4 Feb 2008, 21:14 (Ref:2121055)   #36
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wouldn't be surprised to see HD, as it is a HD broadcast in the US. Fingers crossed anyways.

So is that announcing 38 live races, or just 38 races with differing coverage? I am probably being blind and missing the crucial part in the announcement! I know it says LIVE in the title, but that isn't particularly meaningful.

I am nervous as to how Sky will present it, but also excited that this will be available to a wider audience. Setanta provided excellent coverage more often than not (except when the Rugby World Cup was on and one occasion when a cricket match overran) so it will be hard to live up to. Hopefully it will be closer to that than the IRL coverage anyways which is decent, but spoiled with the silly studio chatter.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 4 Feb 2008 at 21:17.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 21:17 (Ref:2121058)   #37
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Sky broadcast Superbowl XLII in HD. However they are committed to American Football and put a lot of effort into it. Even then only the Superbowl was in HD and the rest of the season was in SD. Most of the rest of their HD broadcasts seem to be sports that they produce (?).
Old 4 Feb 2008, 21:26 (Ref:2121066)   #38
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Hmmm, that is a good point actually. Oh well, there is no hope.

Just try to forget HD exists!
Old 4 Feb 2008, 21:27 (Ref:2121069)   #39
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Sky will be in the hands of the Host Broadcaster making the HD and widescreen feeds available.
As mentioned above, all the American football was Locally broadcast in widescreen and HD, but the respective feeds to Sky weren't except that is for the Superbowl.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 21:35 (Ref:2121078)   #40
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Sky are in the hands of the host broadcaster....does this mean no Keith Heuwen and Sir Weird Beard?
Old 5 Feb 2008, 08:32 (Ref:2121382)   #41
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BTCC heads for ITV4 - http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews...435de430ec4c24
Old 5 Feb 2008, 10:18 (Ref:2121481)   #42
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Sky are in the hands of the host broadcaster....does this mean no Keith Heuwen and Sir Weird Beard?
Alas I suspect we will have to endure the Sky Presenters in London, I was referring to the availablity of Widescreen and HD coverage.
If Sky still has it's BSB coverage then it may end up being somone else other than Keith Heuwen.
Old 5 Feb 2008, 10:21 (Ref:2121484)   #43
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Interesting! I hope that it's either on Sports 1 or Sports 3 though and not 2 or Xtra as I dumped the latter 2!!
Did'nt know you could do that-I thought it was 'all or nothing 'with Skysports? Sods law the sport you want will be on the wrong one anyway
Old 5 Feb 2008, 19:22 (Ref:2121876)   #44
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I've got sky sports through Virgin but the 2 channel thing is a cross over from when it was Telewest. I asked them to take 2 off in a belated attempt to save money, so they did (downgraded a packaged IIRC) Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if i'm not supposed to have them anymore!!
Old 6 Feb 2008, 22:59 (Ref:2122881)   #45
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
If Sky still has it's BSB coverage then it may end up being somone else other than Keith Heuwen.
BSN reports this week that Sky has dropped BSB, and has a quote from Heuwen saying he'll be busy with Nascar.
Old 6 Feb 2008, 23:43 (Ref:2122907)   #46
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

*breaks down in tears*
Old 9 Feb 2008, 01:18 (Ref:2124581)   #47
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you will probably know but just incase,
the budwieser shootout is on skysports next saturday and they are showing the daytona 500 later in the year
Old 9 Feb 2008, 08:06 (Ref:2124715)   #48
sceptic
Veteran

So just to confirm a few more things (in the order they appear in Knowlesy's original list:

F1 - Live ITV1. Highlights ITV1 & ITV4
F3 Euroseries - Live Motors TV. Highlights Sky Sports
German FBMW - doesn't exist
GP2 - Live Eurosport & Setanta & ITV4.
GP2 Asia - Live Eurosport. Highlights ITV4
Indycar - Live Sky Sports. Highlights TBC
WSbyR - Highlights Sky Sports
British F3 - Highlights Channel 4
FBMW (Europe) - TBC
Formula Renault - Live ITV4. Highlights ITV4 & Men & Motors
British GT - Highlights Channel 4
Le Mans 24 - Live Motors TV
BTCC - Live ITV4. Highlights ITV1 & Men & Motors
DTM -Live Motors TV. Highlights Sky Sports & Setanta
Porsche (UK) - Live ITV4. Highlights ITV4 & Men & Motors
Renault Clio Cup (UK) - Live ITV4. Highlights ITV4 & Men & Motors
SEAT Cupra Championship - Live ITV4. Highlights ITV4 & Men & Motors (not announced, but have to assume it will be same as other TOCA supports)
Pirelli Gravel Rally - Highlights Sky Sports
British Superbikes - Live ITV4. Highlights ITV1
Old 9 Feb 2008, 18:37 (Ref:2125038)   #49
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic
GP2 - Live Eurosport & Setanta & ITV4.
So does that mean live GP2 on ITV4?
Old 10 Feb 2008, 03:43 (Ref:2125362)   #50
alfaman
Racer

Mauritius
Middlesex
alfaman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So is ITV4 set to do the whole day of TOCA supports?

I hope so then I can cancel my Setanta subscription!