Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 10 Feb 2008, 12:40 (Ref:2125667)   #51
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are those all confirmed sceptic?

I'll get round to sticking them on the list eventually.
Old 11 Feb 2008, 22:44 (Ref:2126838)   #52
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Didn't realise that Sky would be showing live NASCAR, have upgraded my package already i preparation of the Daytona 500 next sunday
Old 11 Feb 2008, 23:01 (Ref:2126850)   #53
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Are those all confirmed sceptic?

I'll get round to sticking them on the list eventually.
Yes, Except where I've said not.
Old 11 Feb 2008, 23:58 (Ref:2126883)   #54
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
Didn't realise that Sky would be showing live NASCAR, have upgraded my package already i preparation of the Daytona 500 next sunday
Don't forget the qualifying races on Thursday evening also V.
Old 12 Feb 2008, 09:06 (Ref:2127026)   #55
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Daytona 500 Sky Sports 2?? Drat and double drat!!!! Maybe they'll reshow it on Sports 3 on Monday???? (wishful thinking face)
Old 12 Feb 2008, 12:25 (Ref:2127148)   #56
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Chuntz - I'm sure you can get a free (or very cheap) trial for the Sky Sports package for a month. It is worth investigating.
Old 12 Feb 2008, 16:10 (Ref:2127275)   #57
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Don't forget the qualifying races on Thursday evening also V.
Didn't realise that, the day gets better and better

The bread knife did moan a bit when i said i'd upgraded back to the full package for the football and especially now that NASCAR is being shown, words to the effect of "oh, as there is something you want to watch, you've got round to it"

Oh, the joy's of having the account in my name

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Daytona 500 Sky Sports 2?? Drat and double drat!!!! Maybe they'll reshow it on Sports 3 on Monday???? (wishful thinking face)
Just checked for you chuntz, and the bad news is, no, they don't, however, the good news is you do get a whole evening of WWE wrestling
Old 12 Feb 2008, 16:17 (Ref:2127281)   #58
Mr V
Veteran

England
Chuntz, do you only have sky sports 3? Fwiw, the qualifying races are shown on sports 3 at 7pm thursdays
Old 12 Feb 2008, 20:43 (Ref:2127440)   #59
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yup, bizzarely, I only have Sports 1 and 3 with my Virgin (wasTelewest) cable package. I did have 2 and Extra until 2 years ago but droped them in a vein attempt to save money. There wasn't much on them then anyway.

I can't be arsed forking out to upgrade so i'll just have to wait and see if there are reruns on 1 or 3 or even for the Ch 5 highlights as last year!
Old 12 Feb 2008, 20:50 (Ref:2127447)   #60
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

There is always the fabled TVU for the 500.
Old 12 Feb 2008, 20:55 (Ref:2127451)   #61
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

The what?!!!
Old 12 Feb 2008, 20:59 (Ref:2127459)   #62
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

TVU player, online streamer.

Hardly great quality, but you'd be able to watch the race live at least.

Also, I believe NASCAR.com is allowing free access to it's Trackpass and radio coverage for this race only.
Old 12 Feb 2008, 21:00 (Ref:2127460)   #63
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't see anything on the BSB website about ITV4 taking the live coverage...I hope so, but nothing appears to have been anounced officially.
Old 12 Feb 2008, 21:02 (Ref:2127462)   #64
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Keith Heuwen was interviewed recently and he said ITV had taken up an option on BSB and that Sky had lost it as a result.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 09:08 (Ref:2133150)   #65
sceptic
Veteran

One correction to what I previously said: The Motors contract for Le Mans 24 hour was only a two-year deal, so that is still TBA for this year.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 22:46 (Ref:2143646)   #66
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And LMS and Le Mans itself now back to Eurosport - as reported on Autosport and garbled on about here http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104222

And if anyone's updating the list - BTCC on ITV4, V8 Supercars on MotorsTV for a few years, and Indycar on Sky Sports - Champcar is dead.

Last edited by Hazard; 3 Mar 2008 at 22:52.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 23:20 (Ref:2143666)   #67
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
And LMS and Le Mans itself now back to Eurosport - as reported on Autosport and garbled on about here http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104222

And if anyone's updating the list - BTCC on ITV4, V8 Supercars on MotorsTV for a few years, and Indycar on Sky Sports - Champcar is dead.
LMS will still be live on Motors TV - Eurosport are only showing the start and end of the races, and highlights midweek.

And BTCC is on both ITV1 and ITV4.

And V8 Supercars highlights are on Setanta too.
Old 5 Mar 2008, 21:06 (Ref:2145193)   #68
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/ne...sp?NewsID=3533

BSB live on British Eurosport and highlights on Channel 4.
Old 7 Mar 2008, 14:32 (Ref:2146346)   #69
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it says in the autosport magazine that wtcc is on itv4 at 4.30pm on sunday but i can't see it anywhere in the radio times. is this a mix up or is it definately showing?
Old 7 Mar 2008, 14:36 (Ref:2146348)   #70
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And add that GP2 probably won't be live on Eurosport either according to informed comments on Digital Spy
Old 7 Mar 2008, 17:52 (Ref:2146440)   #71
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan
And add that GP2 probably won't be live on Eurosport either according to informed comments on Digital Spy
WHAT??!!!!
Old 7 Mar 2008, 19:21 (Ref:2146476)   #72
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GP2 live on ITV4? Let's hope so, but it it probably won't happen.
Old 8 Mar 2008, 17:23 (Ref:2146972)   #73
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ITV4 are showing highlights of the WTCC
Old 8 Mar 2008, 20:59 (Ref:2147058)   #74
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
FUrther to my post above, the following 2 comments are from a "known ITV insider"
Quote:
you've included GP2, which I am told Eurosport are not planning to show this year.
And later in response to another post...
Quote:
I can assure you that ITV's GP2 coverage this year won't be a week old, and won't have James Allen commentary
Old 8 Mar 2008, 21:41 (Ref:2147093)   #75
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
ITV4 are showing highlights of the WTCC
Where? What? Have they shown Curtibua yet?