Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Mar 2014, 10:02 (Ref:3373966)   #1
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Egg Clipsal Safety Car Infringements & Penalties

The driving standards are all ex drivers in the main games as far as I'm aware MW never drove in the main game cant we have an ex driver in his role ?

Plenty to choose from
Old 2 Mar 2014, 10:38 (Ref:3373975)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hopefully its Mel McLaughlin next year on #10
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 Mar 2014, 10:42 (Ref:3373978)   #3
GROUPA
Racer

Im talog about Matthew White who Mark Dutton was speaking to
Old 2 Mar 2014, 10:43 (Ref:3373979)   #4
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Matt White is operations, not driving standards. The restart penalties were fact based apparently not anything to do with driving stanards. I agree that driving standards should always be ex drivers.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 10:52 (Ref:3373983)   #5
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How about Damien White?
Old 2 Mar 2014, 10:59 (Ref:3373989)   #6
GROUPA
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
How about Damien White?

Yeah him

But I'm sure there are other that could fill his spot - who is driving standards now McConkers has moved on ?

Tim Schencken has done a great job but he needs to move on to - the last time he raced Warick Farm was accepting cars not horses
Old 2 Mar 2014, 11:22 (Ref:3373991)   #7
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Why would we want a driver who is tainted by a team in this role
Old 2 Mar 2014, 15:25 (Ref:3374040)   #8
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought Bargs was the DSO now?
Old 2 Mar 2014, 16:54 (Ref:3374055)   #9
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I jumped to this thread thinking we were going to be giving the commentator a hard time but instead discover the vitriol is intended for an official. Us keyboard warriors are good at that. I reckon a good start to laying into someone is to get their name right!

FWIW I felt more comfortable with the svg penalty after White (damien) explained it but am confused by his reference to" assumption" in making the decision. As for whether or not he has raced in the main game he has done a few bathurst 1000s. He crashed badly in qualifying racing for bjr one year remember. On the v8 website he writes a column and his profile also says he has won 2 ute championships and 2 bathurst 12 hour races. So we should have some respect for his ability to understand how it works.

As someone said Jason Bargawanna is the dso now. I think white is the messenger.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 18:34 (Ref:3374075)   #10
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
@ the OP for getting the names wrong, not knowing who the DSO is, jesus the commentators must have said both names about 20 times each over the weekend
Old 2 Mar 2014, 22:28 (Ref:3374152)   #11
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
@ the OP for getting the names wrong, not knowing who the DSO is, jesus the commentators must have said both names about 20 times each over the weekend
Agree Trev. :- DSO is BARG'S DAMIEN WHITE is message boy / official MATT WHITE is tv talking head is that clearing everything up so everybody gets the names right.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 22:48 (Ref:3374161)   #12
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Matt White is also a DVS team owner.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 23:39 (Ref:3374177)   #13
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Matt White is also a DVS team owner.
For the sake of clarity, different Matt White though
Old 2 Mar 2014, 23:57 (Ref:3374182)   #14
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In all honesty, it probably doesn't matter until the topic title is fixed.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 00:58 (Ref:3374192)   #15
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty simple case, the rules say you have to stay between 50km/h and 60km/h and the front two cars drifted above that.... I'm sure if that weren't the case there'd be a press release and some data traces in the news today.... I'm kind of thinking the DSO got it right.

That said, I assume White is in some sort of CRO position... and from the looks of things he handled himself pretty well.

All in all, looks like a good call from the DSO, handled well by the CRO... if you're looking for people that could have done a better job, it's the monkeys in the commentary box who obviously forgot about the 60km/h speed limit.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 04:22 (Ref:3374218)   #16
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
Pretty simple case, the rules say you have to stay between 50km/h and 60km/h and the front two cars drifted above that.
Did they? Damian White didn't seem to sure, they should of held off with their penalty until the downloaded the data from the cars concerned, then IF they were at fault then hit them for some points.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 04:52 (Ref:3374221)   #17
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The start process is flawed:

You must drive between 50-60km/h, irrespective of what the car in front is doing. If he accidentally goes about 60km/h you must not follow him, as you will both be penalised.

But in the scenario when the first 2 drivers creep above 60km/h as we had in the weekend, the 3rd driver must sit at 60km/h until the acceleration zone, when he can then accelerate. But if the first 2 cars didn't creep above 60km/h the 3rd car can accelerate when they do, which will actually be before the acceleration zone for the 3rd car.

I know my explanation is getting confusing, but imagine the first 20 cars creep up to 80km/h and leave the last 5 trailing behind. If the 21st driver has enough will power to resist going over 60km/h he has to wait until the AZ to accelerate (which will be a long time and the first 20 cars will be long gone by then).

So not only is it a stupid rule, you have the drivers having to watch their speed, their gear selection, the revs they are doing, the car in front and the acceleration zone sign. It is just ridiculous.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 05:41 (Ref:3374228)   #18
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I found it amusing how they blew smoke up 888 s bum when the restart thing happened, then 888 car controller failed in his role.

Page 1, Rule 1, top of page in bold, underlined...

DONT TOUCH THE CAR!

ooops.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 05:51 (Ref:3374231)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The thread title is now fixed...

Meantime, the description from Mr White about the way that a suspected restart failure seemed logical... to see the cars in front do something that looked wrong, likely confirming with judges of fact (holding radar guns?) then calling the breach as a PLP...

Mr White is a very approachable person, not sure he would enjoy having to argue every single point with the 888 guys any time they are the subject of a call that ultimately proves to be correct, but that the team stands fast as being wronging them...

The story in the garages suggest that many of the complaints against 888 for various alleged breaches, are actually allegedly coming from a couple of other teams in the lane (more than one colour too..), requesting clarification of the event from the powers that be...

The same teams however regularly have issues in the lane themselves... so you might argue if the focus was on themselves, and not on the others, their lives might be somehow less fundamentally flawed
Old 3 Mar 2014, 06:46 (Ref:3374246)   #20
snappa
Racer

snappa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slightly off topic but I thought it very interesting that the comentators both raised the whincup penalty and pushed it with several replays. Not that long ago that sort of treatment was only handed out to the also rans of the series. Has 888 upset someone at 7?
Old 3 Mar 2014, 07:02 (Ref:3374247)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappa View Post
Slightly off topic but I thought it very interesting that the comentators both raised the whincup penalty and pushed it with several replays. Not that long ago that sort of treatment was only handed out to the also rans of the series. Has 888 upset someone at 7?
SkaifeSports not running a Wildcard this year?
Old 3 Mar 2014, 07:49 (Ref:3374258)   #22
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappa View Post
Has 888 upset someone at 7?
Nah, 7 has a dose of the "Ch10 has got the rights next year" disease at the moment.

Why else would they have put a V8Supercars is in damage control over the TV rights comment into the Clipsal report on the Saturday 6pm News (in Melbourne at least).
Old 3 Mar 2014, 07:51 (Ref:3374259)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
Nah, 7 has a dose of the "Ch10 has got the rights next year" disease at the moment.

Why else would they have put a V8Supercars is in damage control over the TV rights comment into the Clipsal report on the Saturday 6pm News (in Melbourne at least).
They also had some comments on the #7 microphones yesterday, saying their content was 'free'.....
Old 3 Mar 2014, 07:56 (Ref:3374261)   #24
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beretta also gave the new deal a serve on the telly this morning, was expected sometime but a bit silly when 7 have to get through the whole season yet.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 08:08 (Ref:3374268)   #25
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
They also had some comments on the #7 microphones yesterday, saying their content was 'free'.....
you mean the microphones that have "LIVE AND FREE. 7" sprawled across them?