Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Apr 2014, 03:46 (Ref:3390957)   #26
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what sport would allow its participants to say on national television that the officials should be taken into the crowd to have the sh*t beaten out of them without sanction ?
I think he is lucky not to face race bans.
Old 11 Apr 2014, 05:34 (Ref:3390966)   #27
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
So what sport would allow its participants to say on national television that the officials should be taken into the crowd to have the sh*t beaten out of them without sanction ?
I think he is lucky not to face race bans.

It was just a clown full of adrenalin venting, to try and infer deliberate intent to commit violence is just a total joke, and you know it!
Old 11 Apr 2014, 06:45 (Ref:3390975)   #28
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
It was just a clown full of adrenalin venting, to try and infer deliberate intent to commit violence is just a total joke, and you know it!
He didn't say it was serious - he asked what other sport would allow it?

NRL regularly fines coaches $10,000 - none of it suspended -for questioning referee's competency.

NRL fined Craig Bellamy $50K for questioning the judiciary's integrity.

Put those exact words in an NRL coach's or captain's mouth and you'd see how lightly Ingall got off.
Old 13 Apr 2014, 05:37 (Ref:3391831)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr McKay's Views This Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr McKay's Article

'DOPEY' NOT SO FINE
Australia’s oldest driver in V8 Supercars, Russell Ingall, smarting from a fine of $15,000 ($10,000 suspended unless he re-offends), is surely likely to be more measured the next time someone asks him to comment on officialdom when he is still hot and bothered.

Ingall, who revels in the tag of The Enforcer, was enraged when hit with a pit-lane drive-through penalty in the closing stages of last weekend’s first race of the Winton 400 after his Commodore banged and turned around David Wall’s Falcon.

On the surface, Ingall was at fault. Do the crime, do the time.

The timing wasn’t good, though. The veteran was on track for a rare podium until the penalty put him out of contention.

Interviewed on Channel Seven immediately afterwards, Ingall slammed the penalty as “dopey rules made by dopey idiots”.

Okay, not nice but probably not a hanging offence.

But then Ingall continued the spray: “It’s all right for these peanuts to sit up in that ivory tower of theirs and just hand out punishments like that.

“I’d like to drag those guys down in front of the fans to see what they thought. They’d kick the **** out of them.”

It’s never smart to suggest violence towards officials.

Ingall insisted that the incident with Wall should not have drawn an immediate penalty but should have been considered after the race, and applied retrospectively.

A man with a keen appreciation of the value of a dollar, Ingall quickly dipped into mea culpa mode, but the damage had been done. His hip pocket was at serious risk.

Confederation of Australian Motor Sport stewards belted him with the hefty fine for bringing the sport into disrepute.

Fans offered to contribute to pay his fine but Ingall, via Twitter, encouraged them to donate instead go to Ronald McDonald House. Ingall said his engineer’s baby girl had been in hospital for nine weeks “doing [it] tough”. That’s winning back respect in 140 characters or fewer.

Perhaps Mr Ingall isnt so bad after all...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Apr 2014, 12:35 (Ref:3391928)   #30
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ingall said what he said, and it obviously didn't sound good and probably deserved a sanction of some sort given the 21st century times we live in.......

...But,

Lets be honest, the TV producers knew what they were going to get after the race, the interviewer knew Ingall was going to be steaming, Ingall has been around for long enough, they knew they were going to get a good quote.

The TV producers had enough time to cut the swearing out, meaning they had enough time to decide whether to air it or not. What Ingall said was always going to get attention & publicity for the category, which it did! Then he gets hung for it....
Old 14 Apr 2014, 01:20 (Ref:3392163)   #31
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Ingall said what he said, and it obviously didn't sound good and probably deserved a sanction of some sort given the 21st century times we live in.......

...But,

Lets be honest, the TV producers knew what they were going to get after the race, the interviewer knew Ingall was going to be steaming, Ingall has been around for long enough, they knew they were going to get a good quote.

The TV producers had enough time to cut the swearing out, meaning they had enough time to decide whether to air it or not. What Ingall said was always going to get attention & publicity for the category, which it did! Then he gets hung for it....
Yes, he deserved a sanction, and he got one.

What relevance does what Channel 7 knew or didn't know have to do with it?

A more relevant point is that Russell knew he was talking to Channel 7, knew what he was saying would be broadcast. He wasn't stitched or set up or tricked. He knew exactly what he was saying and who he was saying it to and where it would end up.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 01:32 (Ref:3392168)   #32
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like Ad Cafe are still milking it.

I think this is the second or third poll they've run on it.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 06:00 (Ref:3392216)   #33
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
Yes, he deserved a sanction, and he got one.

What relevance does what Channel 7 knew or didn't know have to do with it?

A more relevant point is that Russell knew he was talking to Channel 7, knew what he was saying would be broadcast. He wasn't stitched or set up or tricked. He knew exactly what he was saying and who he was saying it to and where it would end up.
I never said it was a stitch up, a set up or a trick... Infact i said Ingall probably deserved a sanction!

But the interview was not done live. When V8Supercar Media and Ch7 chose to air the footage they knew full well it was likely to end up in some action against the driver.... and they will also be the first to come out in 6 months asking the drivers to show more 'character' in public when they crawl back under their rocks after this fine...

Was Ingall going to get fined if the director decided not to air the pre-recorded interview?

You and I both know the last thing going through a racing drivers mind when they get out of their car straight after a race, particularly one like Ingall had during the first heat at Winton, is whether a fine might come their way.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 23:05 (Ref:3392581)   #34
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
I never said it was a stitch up, a set up or a trick... Infact i said Ingall probably deserved a sanction!

But the interview was not done live. When V8Supercar Media and Ch7 chose to air the footage they knew full well it was likely to end up in some action against the driver.... and they will also be the first to come out in 6 months asking the drivers to show more 'character' in public when they crawl back under their rocks after this fine...

Was Ingall going to get fined if the director decided not to air the pre-recorded interview?

You and I both know the last thing going through a racing drivers mind when they get out of their car straight after a race, particularly one like Ingall had during the first heat at Winton, is whether a fine might come their way.
Yes he would have - he repeated and expanded on it to the media in the garage after the C7 interview.

And as I've said - Russell has been around long enough to know exactly what he was saying and the potential impact. It was a very deliberate statement which he knew Channel 7 would run, because no self-respecting broadcaster would sit on that type of quote. The only way it would have been stopped is if it was unusable through excessive swearing.

And again - it's not Channel 7's job to protect drivers from themselves.

As far as 'crawling back under their rocks', all the drivers in the field know where the line is that Russell crossed, and it was specified very clearly by V8 Supercars. None of them are protesting that their freedom of speech is being curtailed.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 09:10 (Ref:3392708)   #35
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As much as I like Rusty, one thing a sports person should never do, is to abuse officials or incite people to harass officials. As an umpire of Aust rules football, for numerous years and a volunteer offical,CAMS, it does annoy me that sportspeople will abuse officials, volunteers or appointed.

It should have ben the team management, not Rusty, just look at some of the other sporting codes. I myself have made an error as an umpire and I accept that, but if a Coach or player wants to incite fans into taking physical violence , then thats when I draw the line.

Yes there may be a problem with the way the work out pit lane speeds , thats for the V8 Supercars to sort out, not going off half cocked like some radio hack out of Sydney (home to most rebel rousing dick thump radio hacks and poor journos of daily papers) .

There is a few others who have said over the radios, after the race there distaste for officials, but hey , get your team manager to talk to one Mr Sheckin and his band of merry men, as they are the ones who set this, and if want further proof, from the CAMS Manual 2014 , page 28 , PArt 1 General Principles, , Para 4,
"it should be noted that the texts of the V8 Supercars Australia Pty Ltd Operations Manual (which contractuually must comply with the present ISC) contain certain modifications to the NCR which are applicable soley to V8 Supercar competition. Since these modifications are not included in the NCR, it is specified that it is the current V8 Supercars Australia Pty Ltd Operations Manual which is the authority text should therefore be differences between it and the present NCR.

So if you want to play with these guys, read their manual, and be well behaved

ISC - International sporting Code
NCR - National Competition Rules
V8 Supercars Australia Operations Manual (read what you think)

happydays