Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:55 (Ref:3798353)   #751
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Messy podium presentation, only 3 trophies for 2ndplace??
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:57 (Ref:3798354)   #752
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
I was concerned there was a copper walking about the scene and the cars hadn't been touched, possibly because it's technically a public road, fingers crossed
I see what you're saying. I rewound and saw someone out there taking pictures along with a badge....
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:57 (Ref:3798355)   #753
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great event! I'm passing out, err... I mean going to sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
If you're not first, you're last.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 06:58 (Ref:3798356)   #754
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Morrison from LM not knowing which trophies go to whom...
Old 4 Feb 2018, 07:12 (Ref:3798360)   #755
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Disappointing way to end an amazing race, but congratulations to the winners.

With regard to the last crash that caused the red flag, on carefully watching the replays my take is that there was a waved yellow on the outside of the track before the incident. Whatever, a very blind corner, but two or three cars had got through the wreckage before the Merc....

Thanks for all the coverage and streaming, whoever is responsible, and for allowing the rest of the world to watch the race live!
Old 4 Feb 2018, 07:43 (Ref:3798363)   #756
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
With regard to the last crash that caused the red flag, on carefully watching the replays my take is that there was a waved yellow on the outside of the track before the incident. Whatever, a very blind corner, but two or three cars had got through the wreckage before the Merc....
including the leaders I think (got through the wreckage).
Interestingly the live timing flashed yellow before the TV coverage / commentary had realised there had been an accident. (TV coverage not the stream which was about 30 seconds behind the TV.)
Old 4 Feb 2018, 07:56 (Ref:3798366)   #757
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DSC reports John Martin is receiving medical treatment at the circuit medical centre and that Ash Walsh and Bryce Fullword are “ok”.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 08:01 (Ref:3798367)   #758
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Walsh and Martin have been transferred to Orange Hospital for further treatment.

Mr Bagnall is sporting several broken ribs and a broken pelvis. At 70 years young, he'll probably call time on his driving.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 08:18 (Ref:3798369)   #759
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully this is the start of a very big year for Frijns.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 08:51 (Ref:3798371)   #760
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Walsh and Martin have been transferred to Orange Hospital for further treatment.

Mr Bagnall is sporting several broken ribs and a broken pelvis. At 70 years young, he'll probably call time on his driving.
That piece of track has not been kind to him over the years.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 09:02 (Ref:3798373)   #761
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Post race penalty for Craft Bamboo...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 Feb 2018, 11:05 (Ref:3798391)   #762
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Disappointing way to end an amazing race, but congratulations to the winners.

Thanks for all the coverage and streaming, whoever is responsible, and for allowing the rest of the world to watch the race live!
Second that, disappointing end to a really eventful race. Thanks to all for the coverage and comments.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 12:51 (Ref:3798410)   #763
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does anyone think Bathurst should consider having 2 safety cars, like Le Mans?
Old 4 Feb 2018, 13:23 (Ref:3798413)   #764
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is nothing in this of course but its kind of funny/bizarre how both Laurens and Dries have won a "premier" GT race with Audi under red flag conditions that they wouldn't have won had the race had gone green.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 14:01 (Ref:3798418)   #765
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Does anyone think Bathurst should consider having 2 safety cars, like Le Mans?
I personally can't stand the multiple SCs at LM but sort of understand why. Not sure why they'd be implemented at Bathurst.

I like the SC procedures for this race, aside the restart overtaking rules. I prefer green means "go" and you shouldn't have to wait a timing line to pass a car in a slower class. I guess it's to prevent issues at the Chase and McGuires on the restarts?
Old 4 Feb 2018, 16:27 (Ref:3798434)   #766
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Disappointing ending to a disappointing race,way to many fcy's,way to many crashes,and to many top contenders crashing out.hard to enjoy and get into,fcy lets go to the store,now we're back,yay another fcy time to mow the lawn...rinse & repeat. really sad to see,I feel like this race peaked in '14 '15 and now starting to go down hill....
Old 4 Feb 2018, 18:35 (Ref:3798446)   #767
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Surely the ‘way too many’ full course yellows was due to the ‘way too many crashes’...... Any suggestions on how to stop the accidents- Less cars? Less speed differential? Change the circuit layout?

If the peak years were 2014/15, what’s changed since then?
Old 4 Feb 2018, 18:51 (Ref:3798448)   #768
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Now that we know the drivers are okay, I can admit my crush on that Commodore estate safety vehicle. You know that emoji with hearts for eyes? That's what I'd put here.
Just get a Cadillac CTS-V wagon, it's basically the same but fancier.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 19:44 (Ref:3798455)   #769
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I really enjoyed this years race. It was a bit disappointing that the fuel strategy scenario didn't quite play out the way that the Porsche teams had engineered it. We just missed out on a really cracking battle between the #054 and the #12.
Regarding the high number of safety cars- Obviously we would all like to see less accidents and hopefully steps will be taken to improve driving standards. However it's important to note that one of the things that makes this event so appealing is the rather extreme nature of the circuit. Watching these beautiful GT3 machines navigate the sometimes treacherous mountain is simply breathtaking! (even if it's just through a computer screen.)
Old 4 Feb 2018, 20:40 (Ref:3798464)   #770
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Surely the ‘way too many’ full course yellows was due to the ‘way too many crashes’...... Any suggestions on how to stop the accidents- Less cars? Less speed differential? Change the circuit layout?

If the peak years were 2014/15, what’s changed since then?
What's changed? It's called the intercontinental GT championship and Stephan ratel sticking his nose into somthing special and trying to benefit from it instead of creating his own thing and making it speacial.before Bathurst was mainly Australian teams and drivers with Audi Australia,Erebus Motorsport,vip pet foods,tekno auto sport,maranello motorsport,donut King,Darrell Lea,Marc cars Australia,etc.....

Now that it's part of a championship,there were a lot of European,Asian,and US teams that made up the upper classes.which made it lose its Australian touch,there still is a good amount of Aussie and kiwi drivers.but most of the cars and teams now are those that I can see in the spa and Nurburgring 24 hours,with just the same driving standards and amount of fcy's.to me the race is starting to lose its touch that drew me to it and kept me tuning in year after year, since online streaming started.MT. Panorama is the only thing that makes the race special now,if it was like any other cookie cutter track out there today I wouldn't even bother.

I guess I must of been spoiled by Daytona a week ago....,
Old 4 Feb 2018, 20:55 (Ref:3798466)   #771
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
What's changed? It's called the intercontinental GT championship and Stephan ratel sticking his nose into somthing special and trying to benefit from it instead of creating his own thing and making it speacial.before Bathurst was mainly Australian teams and drivers with Audi Australia,Erebus Motorsport,vip pet foods,tekno auto sport,maranello motorsport,donut King,Darrell Lea,Marc cars Australia,etc.....

Now that it's part of a championship,there were a lot of European,Asian,and US teams that made up the upper classes.which made it lose its Australian touch,there still is a good amount of Aussie and kiwi drivers.but most of the cars and teams now are those that I can see in the spa and Nurburgring 24 hours,with just the same driving standards and amount of fcy's.to me the race is starting to lose its touch that drew me to it and kept me tuning in year after year, since online streaming started.MT. Panorama is the only thing that makes the race special now,if it was like any other cookie cutter track out there today I wouldn't even bother.

I guess I must of been spoiled by Daytona a week ago....,
so then, what i think you are suggesting is the introduction of all pro teams is the issue. along with the increase in size of the GT3 field?
Old 4 Feb 2018, 21:02 (Ref:3798467)   #772
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO localised Yellows need to be put in place - also safety car placed on tp of the mountain somewhere too
Old 4 Feb 2018, 21:08 (Ref:3798468)   #773
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
This race has always been riddled with SCs and even with the last 10 mins being red flagged, we had 2 more laps than 2015, when it "peaked". I enjoyed it up to the closing minutes, and bummed it turned out like that but the only solution was to not crash. The race was what I've come to expect, even with the increased number of foreigners.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 21:09 (Ref:3798469)   #774
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Localize yellow is almost impossible for the amount of blind corners,and there are no cut outs for tow trucks at the top of the mountain.code 60 is a no go,cars would back up at the scene of the incident and the first cars to get through would get an advantage.
Old 4 Feb 2018, 21:12 (Ref:3798470)   #775
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
This race has always been riddled with SCs and even with the last 10 mins being red flagged, we had 2 more laps than 2015, when it "peaked". I enjoyed it up to the closing minutes, and bummed it turned out like that but the only solution was to not crash. The race was what I've come to expect, even with the increased number of foreigners.
Yep it peaked for me that year and hasn't felt the same for me since,those two laps gave Nissan the win when it should of been bentleys.just like this year it wasn't audis win,should woulda coulda been Porsche's. hopefully everyone calms down next year and do not drive as bullish. Just my opinion as I didn't enjoy the race as much this year,hopfully Ill enjoy it next year.