Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 16 Dec 2002, 11:00 (Ref:450997)   #26
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cruise control is brilliant. Like many things, I now couldn't live without it. It is best on long drives, especially with long straight roads and when people fly past, you tend to speed up a touch and go with them.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 10:58 (Ref:451715)   #27
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AMoffat

Except for the very later model VX Series 2 Commodores. They seemed to have preset limits, 80, 100 or 110. And would beep above that no matter what. I don't remember this being a problem in the couple of VY's I have driven.

Moff, hold down the mode button on the dash for a few seconds and it will change it from the preset speeds 60,80,110 etc, back to the normal onewhere you can up the speed in incriments.
I dont use the things either, i just set them way up high as well

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 17 Dec 2002, 12:57 (Ref:451816)   #28
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey ele, did they ever find that rattle?
Old 18 Dec 2002, 10:45 (Ref:452539)   #29
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Crash, you obviously haven't been reading Conrod

Rattle is still there and Tom Kerr Auto said to go to another dealership. They have washed their hands of my car and so Subaru Australia received a phone call from me. Off to another dealership (third) to see what they can do.
Old 19 Dec 2002, 08:52 (Ref:453240)   #30
coln72
Racer

coln72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The local coppers around home are fairly reasonable. On occasions Ive been doing 110-120 in a 100 zone and the police havnt worried at all. I don't find most speed camera around home much of a problem either, they are normally parked in the most obvious places. While delivering pizzas a long time ago, I found out that the brakes on my Corolla worked really well after spotting a couple of cameras.

A couple of times speed cameras have been set up in the uni itself and they have made a fortune. Its a 40kph zone. P platers don't seem to realise this.

Going to have to keep an eye out next week on the NSW stretch of the Hume. Does anyone else find the constant speed changes a pain in the ar*e. This is suppose to be the busiest rural highway and they cant get it completly dual lane. It gives me the s**ts coming from Victoria.
Old 19 Dec 2002, 08:57 (Ref:453243)   #31
coln72
Racer

coln72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually I do not mind speeding fines if the proceeds are going back into driver training or the roads. Its the case of if you do thre crime.....

I object to the funds going into general revenue to help cover election promises or government stuff ups. In Victoria at least, the government feels that it is a license to print money.

Also a warning to people holidaying around Melbourne over Christmas. There are a number of cameras that calculate elapsed time between two points. So it does you no use to slow down just where the cameras are.