Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 2 Jan 2003, 03:41 (Ref:461805)   #1
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BA XR6 Turbo True Onroad Price

I know that it depends a fair bit on what options you have ordered. But does anyone have a ballpark figure what the cost of a new BA XR6 Turbo on road is ? Both Manual and Auto.

Have a Supra I'm trading sometime soon and don't mind the reports I've heard about the BA XR6 Turbo.

Last edited by The Snout; 2 Jan 2003 at 03:42.
Old 2 Jan 2003, 03:56 (Ref:461815)   #2
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is that a twin turbo supra ?
Old 2 Jan 2003, 04:01 (Ref:461816)   #3
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
No luck Woody, it's a 97 N/A 5 speed. Looks great though, hasn't got all the extra body kit **** on it, just what it came with.
Old 2 Jan 2003, 07:08 (Ref:461846)   #4
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Snout - go to ford.com.au and then to passenger cars then to configure a vehicle.

It is about 44K plus GST or around 47K. I have an optioned XR6T on order.
Old 2 Jan 2003, 20:25 (Ref:462266)   #5
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
Tar Moff.
Old 2 Jan 2003, 21:00 (Ref:462284)   #6
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Happy configuring - I spent many an hour checking options and prices - it's an interesting exercise.
Old 2 Jan 2003, 22:34 (Ref:462339)   #7
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. I read in Wheels that if you have a choice between the manual or auto, choose the auto. They recon it's got enough torque to handle it and makes a better driving experience.
Not so sure about that myself, respect Wheels a lot but I'll check it out for myself.
Old 4 Jan 2003, 10:45 (Ref:463427)   #8
Airhead
Veteran

At the moment, I'm interested in a comparison between the XR8 and the XR6 Turbo. Seven grands difference for 20kws?

Or is that the wrong way to look at it?

For me the turbo seems like the best option. With the money spent on extras.
Old 7 Jan 2003, 10:42 (Ref:466178)   #9
Airhead
Veteran

Well I finally got a drive in a XR6 Turbo today. Fantastic turbine smooth power that just seems to build and build as the revs rise from 2000 up. Manual was fun, but the gearbox despite the short through is very notchy. Great suspension firm but complaint. Tends to float slightly on the dampers at speed over slight bumps. But then we were moving along then. Corners nice and flat.

Can't wait to I get mine.
Old 7 Jan 2003, 21:21 (Ref:466679)   #10
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
Sounds great Moff. Are they pretty good getting away from a standing start at say the lights ? Lag not an issue or anything ?

In the Wheels mag they were saying that the gear shift was a bit notchy, but nice and tight I hope. The ride quality not to hard ? Have that problem in my Supra at the moment, corners like a go-cart but you tend to feel more bumps than you'd like.

Last edited by The Snout; 7 Jan 2003 at 21:23.
Old 7 Jan 2003, 23:11 (Ref:466807)   #11
Airhead
Veteran

Ride quality probably the most outstanding thing about the car, that and the handling. No real turbo lag that I noticed. What I liked was you could dawdle around then plant the foot and it just winds up gaining speed all along.