Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 7 May 2006, 19:03 (Ref:1602639)   #1
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quaife MSA British Rallycross Championship Pembrey Results

Superfinal

1. Evans
2. Carnegie
3. Jordan

My first visit to Pembrey, rather a different circuit to Lydden. Great racing, couldn't understand what happened to Doran after leading the B Final he ended up 3rd on the last lap?!

Have plenty of video and photos if someone would like to host. (Note to self: take suncream to next event!)
Old 7 May 2006, 19:38 (Ref:1602664)   #2
shhh
Veteran

Ireland
shhh has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Other contenders??

What happened to Doran, JMC, Gibson etc???
Old 7 May 2006, 19:43 (Ref:1602672)   #3
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
Doran's second heat something went clunk on the car, so his heats only got him onto the B Final, which he was cruising until the last lap when it must have been at Honda where he was passed by both JMC and Andy Grant. JMC wasn't on the pace at all, engine didn't seem to be firing properly. Gibbo was a no show, shame as am sure the track would have suited the 6R4.

Supermods, battle of the yellows, the Exige and Mike Turpin storming away from the Clios. Got a load of shots of Stock Hatch if someone can host.
Old 7 May 2006, 19:50 (Ref:1602677)   #4
shhh
Veteran

Ireland
shhh has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Cheers.. just heard that Pat did 2 gearboxes, JMC did a Gearbox and alternator and an oil pipe blew off. Evans title me thinks!
Old 7 May 2006, 19:56 (Ref:1602683)   #5
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
Effort! Are any of our lads going to the French ERC round next weekend? Remember a few including Evans ventured over last year. Know Jordan is in a C2, so surely if Will was going he could take the Focus to show the boy how it's done?
Old 8 May 2006, 09:26 (Ref:1603146)   #6
golfvanman
Racer

golfvanman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Supermods, battle of the yellows, the Exige and Mike Turpin storming away from the Clios.
what clio's ? sure i finished 3rd in a TT only simon white in one clio in A final and the other two were in the B final
Old 8 May 2006, 09:53 (Ref:1603164)   #7
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby
My first visit to Pembrey, rather a different circuit to Lydden. Great racing, couldn't understand what happened to Doran after leading the B Final he ended up 3rd on the last lap?!
They apparently ran an extra lap as they threw the chequers a lap late. I don't know if Doran slowed because he knew the race was over or if he already had a problem by then...

What did you think of Pembrey? From a spectators point of view its perhaps not the greatest in the world - if you stand in the infield paddock its almost impossible to get a good view of the finish line! (Who designed that??) Action on the loose is good though!
Old 8 May 2006, 12:40 (Ref:1603317)   #8
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

From my stock hatch prospective, i had a fantastic day!

Lots of heat wins and managed to hang with rodney and julian in 2 of the MSA heats too which was pleasing. But all the hard work from the heats came to a halt in the 3rd BRDA heat restart after liam dorans accident. The clutch then started to slip badly and hampered my starts for the final heats and the finals aswell.

The BRDA final was short lived after beaching the car on tyres just after the first corner as i couldn't see anything for the dust.

The BTRDA was ok though, finishing 4th just behind a well driven peugeot of Garry Johnson. I was pushing like hell in that last race and anybody on the back gravel section would probubly have seen me get the car well up on 2 wheels as i tryed to get past him.

And just to correct any rumours from yesterday i didn't manage to smuggle a small turbo under the bonnet, fit a warp drive, run it with nitrous or a fuel it with liquid methanol, it was just a case of the car suiting the circuit and a confident driver. But cheers for all the positive comments from everyone yesterday

I will be popping up a load of pictures up on my site later of all the days action.

See you all at anglesey.

Si
Old 8 May 2006, 14:25 (Ref:1603391)   #9
Rookie

England
Near France
206180 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sihorton
i didn't manage to smuggle a small turbo under the bonnet, fit a warp drive, run it with nitrous or a fuel it with liquid methanol
No its a lot more blatant than that !!!!
Old 8 May 2006, 18:09 (Ref:1603559)   #10
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought you had lost a bit of weight i
was told si,does that explain why the car
went bit quicker.

BB.
Old 8 May 2006, 18:14 (Ref:1603564)   #11
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yo GVM ( Mr car control ) you looked like you had
a good day thanks for the beer mate,just had it,
looking forward to anglesey.
Old 9 May 2006, 09:32 (Ref:1604055)   #12
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

[QUOTE=BOY BLUNDER]I thought you had lost a bit of weight i [QUOTE=BOY BLUNDER]

U wouldn't have though so if you had seen me munching on my sausage and egg butty in the morning

Last edited by sihorton; 9 May 2006 at 09:39.
Old 9 May 2006, 15:40 (Ref:1604341)   #13
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Queen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridQueen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had a great day. I hope you all did. I would like to say a big thank you to all involved.

Anita
Old 9 May 2006, 22:33 (Ref:1604659)   #14
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thoroughly enjoyed my day spectating at Pembrey, great weather, great racing and great craick.
If I was giving an award for driver of the day it would have to go to Andrew Jordan. The way he was setting the car up for the corners was brilliant to watch. Once on the exit if the loose section he got pushed onto the grass he just kept the power on with a little bit of opposite lock and never lost any speed. There were far more experienced drivers who lost control at that very same spot, and ended up spinning out.
Then at the presentation of the trophys he got the drop on Christopher Evans with the bubbly. Champaign sprayed and the bottle down the back of Evans race suit before Christopher got the cork out.
Andrew will be a star whatever from of motorsport he competes in. It will be interesting to see how he does in the C2's at the French ERC round.