Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 25 Aug 2007, 18:32 (Ref:1996408)   #1
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Getting to phillip island?

Hi

Decided I'd try to get to PI for the GP. One of my mates is up for coming along as well. I'm hoping I haven't left it too late to sort out...

I've never been to the motogp, PI, or any track other than barbagallo, so it's all new to me.

Is it impossible to get onto the circuit in a car on raceday? How hard is it to get out Sunday?

Is there accomodation on the island that's available to begin with and doesn't cost an arm and a leg (or require 8 other people)? Is it possible to stay in a town on the mainland or are they too far?

There's still general admin tickets left, I'm not sure about grandstand. But if there are, are the grandstand tickets worth it over general admin? (might sound like a funny question, but at barbagallo I've generally wandered wherever I want - non V8 days obviously)

Thanks for any help
Old 26 Aug 2007, 07:57 (Ref:1996651)   #2
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PI

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGG
Hi

Decided I'd try to get to PI for the GP. One of my mates is up for coming along as well. I'm hoping I haven't left it too late to sort out...

I've never been to the motogp, PI, or any track other than barbagallo, so it's all new to me.

Is it impossible to get onto the circuit in a car on raceday? How hard is it to get out Sunday?

Is there accomodation on the island that's available to begin with and doesn't cost an arm and a leg (or require 8 other people)? Is it possible to stay in a town on the mainland or are they too far?

There's still general admin tickets left, I'm not sure about grandstand. But if there are, are the grandstand tickets worth it over general admin? (might sound like a funny question, but at barbagallo I've generally wandered wherever I want - non V8 days obviously)

Thanks for any help
Tons of accommodation....search for some place to stay at Cowes....they should be able to squeeze one more car in at the circuit
Old 26 Aug 2007, 08:33 (Ref:1996662)   #3
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ticket sales are up 70% on last year and grandstand tickets were sold out a week ago, so they're putting more grandstands in. Pretty much everywhere on Phillip Island is booked out. But I've got accommodation on the mainland and tickets, so I'm good on that end of things.

Thanks though
Old 26 Aug 2007, 08:42 (Ref:1996664)   #4
Glenn Ducey
Rookie

Glenn Ducey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Egg, DEFINITELY give it a go. If travelling from Perth, there are usually buses from Melbourne to the track on race day, contact the Grand Prix office for details. If driving, it's only about 140 kms from Melbourne, about a two and a quarter hour trip. But leave early. Gen admission is ok, and great value, but if you chase a grandstand ticket, I recommend the stands at Siberia, great viewing plus a big screen to see the quarter of the track hidden by the pit buildings. You will find the locals and the crowd to be warm, friendly, knowledgable and helpful, and as a motorsport weekend it outshines the car grand prix by a factor of ten. If flying into Melbourne, book to collect a rental car from the airport, then you can simply drop it there on your way home. But definitely GO, you will never regret it. GD66