Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 1 Jul 2011, 14:13 (Ref:2909371)   #1
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
750MC Donington 3rd July

Whose doing this then?

Nina and I are Startline for this. Sadly we can only do Sunday.

Looks like a busy day.

It will be our first trip to Donni, so if anyone spots a couple of lost souls driving around in a Mondeo, please set us off in the right direction. We have no idea where to park or sign on.

See you all there
Old 1 Jul 2011, 14:47 (Ref:2909404)   #2
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the second weekend running, I'm the MSA Steward @ Donny, so all on best behaviour please
Old 1 Jul 2011, 14:55 (Ref:2909411)   #3
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible-Tones View Post
It will be our first trip to Donni, so if anyone spots a couple of lost souls driving around in a Mondeo, please set us off in the right direction. We have no idea where to park or sign on
I'm not there, but this might help you a bit...

Make your way to the Paddock Gate. After you go through the security barrier, at the end of the wall to your right is the assembly area - go through the gate into the assembly "cage" and onto the circuit at the bottom of the Melbourne Loop. Drive up the loop, round Goddards at the top and onto the main straight. As you enter Redgate (turn 1) turn right into the infield. Go through the gate, across the hardstanding and down the slope. Turn left at the bottom and park up inside the fenced off area behind the Craner Suites. Sign on is in the two rooms at the bottom of the suites - ES is first, Club is in the room the other side of the fire escape.

Have a good day
Old 4 Jul 2011, 07:58 (Ref:2917752)   #4
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I was hoping to spend a weekend helping out in Assembly, so my 12 year old daughter could spend her first day as a cadet.

Arriving at sign-in to find out I'm Chief Assembly and my staff is my Cadet, was somewhat daunting.

We got through morning practice on Saturday ok, had a hiccup for the first race (apologies for delaying things!) which we (hopefully) sorted out for the rest of the day.

Sunday saw us a little more organised, having had some helpful advice the previous evening, and I think we got all the cars out on time and in the right order.

Did I enjoy it - probably. Would I do it again - probably with a twisted arm!

Only down side was a driver who returned to Assembly for some reason after his race, shouted at my Cadet and then wheel spun back out of Assembly.
Old 4 Jul 2011, 08:04 (Ref:2917756)   #5
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only down side was a driver who returned to Assembly for some reason after his race, shouted at my Cadet and then wheel spun back out of Assembly.[/QUOTE]

Did you report him to Race Control?
Old 4 Jul 2011, 08:35 (Ref:2917771)   #6
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Only down side was a driver who returned to Assembly for some reason after his race, shouted at my Cadet and then wheel spun back out of Assembly.
Did you report him to Race Control?[/QUOTE]

Have PM'd you.
Old 4 Jul 2011, 08:37 (Ref:2917772)   #7
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Indeedy.
Old 4 Jul 2011, 09:48 (Ref:2917813)   #8
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good fun meeting

Huge grids - very fast turnaround - some Red Flags. Very busy on the Startline indeed.

Like Assembly we were short of people as well. I have never run so far/fast doing a days marshalling, nor been so hot!

DeadSquirrel, you, and your daughter's, Assembly skills were spot on - every race the cars came to us in the correct order - made it so much easier for us...cheers nice one! Can you thank said daughter for us?

For once I was glad not to be out on the bank, after I saw that circuit wide oil slick....great job guys clearing it up. Well done to the Locost drivers for carrying on after RF and not going off on it for the next few laps.
Old 4 Jul 2011, 21:58 (Ref:2918217)   #9
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A very full and busy day, with some good racing and very big grids. Well done to everyone and many thanks to Hazel for her help. I'd have really struggled without you. Also to the Startline team for their hard work. You never seemed to stop.

My thoughts are with Pete. An open forum is possibly not the appropriate arena to discuss personal issues, but I know he reads Ten tenths and just want to pass on my best wishes.
Old 4 Jul 2011, 22:03 (Ref:2918221)   #10
alexhall
Racer

England
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
alexhall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsquirrel View Post
Arriving at sign-in to find out I'm Chief Assembly and my staff is my Cadet, was somewhat daunting.
If that was the pair of you's first time at assembly, you ought to think about doing it more often. Organisation was spot on from where I was sitting. Startline was well run too, by a relatively junior team!
Old 4 Jul 2011, 22:04 (Ref:2918222)   #11
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Good day at post 6, even if it was my fifth time there this year! Only major incident was the nova rolling, well done to all at post 4 and 6 for dealing with it well, not needing a safety car, and thanks for mr dixon and co at post 7 as we got stranded on the other side of the track for the rest of the race
Old 5 Jul 2011, 17:07 (Ref:2922411)   #12
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
What caused the two red flags in the Toyoata MR2 race - anybody know?
Old 5 Jul 2011, 18:46 (Ref:2922439)   #13
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible-Tones View Post
What caused the two red flags in the Toyoata MR2 race - anybody know?
Lack of talent
Old 5 Jul 2011, 18:47 (Ref:2922440)   #14
paul leedham
Racer

England
Grimsby
paul leedham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, first one was mine, car in the gravel facing the wrong way and close to the edge on the exit of Coppice. Driver out and running ok but car a bit of a target. The lads did try to push it but no chance
Old 9 Jul 2011, 18:37 (Ref:2924228)   #15
danstreet07
Rookie

danstreet07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to you all for a great weekends racing, also thanks for the tow haha hopefully all we be up and running for snett.

No. 80 Stock hatch

Dan Street