Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score does it get from you?
10 1 1.82%
9 1 1.82%
8 6 10.91%
7 6 10.91%
6 9 16.36%
5 11 20.00%
4 9 16.36%
3 6 10.91%
2 2 3.64%
1 4 7.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Mar 2018, 06:43 (Ref:3810575)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Australian Grand Prix 2018

What score does it get from you?
Old 25 Mar 2018, 07:46 (Ref:3810592)   #2
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If it hadn't been for Haas bungling Grosjean's pitstop, which led to the VSC that enabled Vettel to take the lead, this would have been a rather dull race and another Hamilton/Mercedes romp. However, it wasn't and with Lewis trying to catch Vettel, we had a race between the two 4 times WDCs.

Neither Ricciardo's Red Bull nor Verstappen's Red Bull, could get the better of Raikkonen's Ferrari and Alonso's McLaren respectively, on a track that's hard to overtake on but it was good to watch.

Old 25 Mar 2018, 08:20 (Ref:3810605)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Its the first race of the year.
Withdrawal symptoms were strong!

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 25 Mar 2018, 08:37 (Ref:3810611)   #4
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why does F1 shoot itself in the foot every year by starting the season at a track where overtaking is almost impossible ( on track).

Old 25 Mar 2018, 13:47 (Ref:3810649)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
8. very nice race.

sets the stage for the season to come!
Old 25 Mar 2018, 15:14 (Ref:3810661)   #6
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2:

If it continues like this, I might actually not watch every GP this season. I've missed maybe 1/2 dozen GP's in 34 seasons. The Halo, the lack of passing, the saving fuel b.s, VSC and the ESPN coverage is really f-ing up this season.
To be honest with you, Indycar need to capitalize on this situation and win over/ back the fans and become the premier open wheel racing league like they were 20-years during the CART days.
Old 25 Mar 2018, 16:07 (Ref:3810668)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well glad that i did not pay to watch that live, f1 must do something about the boring tracks that make 2 hours seem like an eternity. gave it a 3 but that was due to lack of any recent motor racing.
Old 25 Mar 2018, 19:55 (Ref:3810709)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This was one of the worst races I have ever seen. Ever. The font on the new F1 timing screen was awful.
Old 25 Mar 2018, 20:02 (Ref:3810710)   #9
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Cant decide whether the randomness of the result due to VSC is a good or bad thing. Not a great race, but I'm pleased that F1 is back, so a 6.
Old 25 Mar 2018, 20:13 (Ref:3810716)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 25 Mar 2018, 20:51 (Ref:3810724)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
4. As a spectacle it was poor and was won thanks to a virtual safety car. That isn't what I wanted to see in the first race of the season. I only watched the highlights and was claimed by the Land of Nod several times.
Old 25 Mar 2018, 21:40 (Ref:3810744)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The cars are quick, move around nicely and are interesting. Apart from the blummin’ overtaking thing. Grrr.
Old 25 Mar 2018, 21:48 (Ref:3810745)   #13
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
This was one of the worst races I have ever seen. Ever. The font on the new F1 timing screen was awful.
I hope your ironic style is not lost on people who see it over the course of the season, Adam.
Old 25 Mar 2018, 23:23 (Ref:3810758)   #14
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
8. very nice race.

sets the stage for the season to come!
i totally agree with you, it will be one hell of a season in motoGP

Before L24 of course we had the amazing feast of Sainz going wide into a corner, Bottas performing pretty much the only overtaking moves of the race (on a couple of midfielders with a champion car) and Haas having issues with an airgun. Between L24 and L58 then, NOTHING , is precisely what have happend. 34 laps of Nada, Nill, Zero. They all finished in the exact same order.
Old 25 Mar 2018, 23:57 (Ref:3810765)   #15
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Just about better than the sum of its parts, because on the face of it, there wasn't much wheel-to-wheel stuff, but there was a bit of intrigue for various positions and of course, there was the novelty of the series being back. I gave it an average five. Probably a point of that was due to its return.

But then, I always enjoy it.
Old 26 Mar 2018, 03:26 (Ref:3810790)   #16
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it a six, give ESPN a 1. They better make some changes.
Old 26 Mar 2018, 04:02 (Ref:3810795)   #17
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I gave it a generous lay off induced 5. Enjoyed Q3 and in the race the scraps between Danny Ric and Kimi plus Max and Fernando, Also the fact that for whatever reasons it was not a Mercedes whitewash.. Hate the halo and the onboard shots.
Old 26 Mar 2018, 08:32 (Ref:3810833)   #18
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pretty boring - 3
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 26 Mar 2018, 09:16 (Ref:3810850)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
8, was looking interesting, but nothing happened, until the VSC. Need cars that can follow closer though
Old 26 Mar 2018, 11:28 (Ref:3810891)   #20
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Seeing Hamilton’s reaction after race was greeeeeat. When he got booed on stage made it an easy 10 for me.
Old 26 Mar 2018, 12:25 (Ref:3810910)   #21
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
First race of the year, cracker of a start, followed by blah. 6
Old 26 Mar 2018, 12:57 (Ref:3810922)   #22
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I've voted a take it or leave it 5. As I mentioned elsewhere, although I had been looking forward to the season starting, my eagerly awaited watching of qualifying just didn't do anything for me. Due to that I almost didn't bother watching the race but as I'd simply got nothing better to do, I did. I think that the biggest problem is cars inability to run closely behind another, they either lose cooling or downforce (or both). Without that, we can't have close racing and so rarely see any overtaking.
Sadly, the highlight of the meeting for me was Hamilton & Vettel winding each other up in the post qualifying press conference! That's not motor racing...
Old 26 Mar 2018, 14:31 (Ref:3810954)   #23
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Tbh that was about a good a race we were gonna get at Albert Park with the new cars. At least Lewis gave us some interest when he had a go back at Seb
Old 26 Mar 2018, 14:56 (Ref:3810963)   #24
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
bit of an aside to those lamenting the lack of overtaking...

Albert Park is essentially a narrow street circuit where overtaking has always been at a premium. add in faster wider cars and there is going to be more of a premium on overtaking.

imo it is not really reasonable for any long time fan to have come into this particular race and expected to see loads of overtaking.

and even if that is an unfair assessment...lack of overtaking has generally been a problem with F1 for almost 20 years now.

the science of aero brought us here...after all of this time how can one expect that it is now magically going to be different?

anyways to each their own as this thread has always been a subjective evaluation of the race.
Old 26 Mar 2018, 15:27 (Ref:3810968)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think we can simply say "it's the circuit" because not only were there aero issues there were cooling issues too. Those wont go away no matter which circuit they race on. Yes I'm sure there will be races with overtaking but the fact that opportunities aren't there means that the event is not a race.