Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Oct 2009, 13:12 (Ref:2553221)   #1
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reims Racing Reunion

Dont know if this is the right area to put this but has anyone seen this
http://www.weea-organisation.com/
looks really good, running around the old circuit (with chicanes not reach the top speed), they had a XJR9, C type and a D Type. Evo magazine seem to say they are trying to make it the French verision of Goodwood, Looks really intresting might book a holiday in france next year
Old 3 Oct 2009, 16:52 (Ref:2553332)   #2
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I already bookmarked it, after seeing some of teh pictures on Flickr...
Old 3 Oct 2009, 19:10 (Ref:2553414)   #3
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy View Post
Dont know if this is the right area to put this but has anyone seen this
http://www.weea-organisation.com/
looks really good, running around the old circuit (with chicanes not reach the top speed), they had a XJR9, C type and a D Type. Evo magazine seem to say they are trying to make it the French verision of Goodwood, Looks really intresting might book a holiday in france next year
Attended the first one and a good do it was organised by the Knight brothers. http://translate.google.com/translat...%3Den%26sa%3DG
Old 3 Oct 2009, 19:17 (Ref:2553418)   #4
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a matter of no interest also there for the last race 1969 F2 won by Cevert. Though some bike races did take place after that 1972?
Old 5 Oct 2009, 23:48 (Ref:2554838)   #5
QuarterRik
Rookie

Belgium
Roeselare
QuarterRik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been there on sunday.

It looks a bit like a mini-Goodwood,scale 1/30.

I made a report on a Belgian site: http://www.gamequarter.be/new/v4/for...ead.php?t=2793

Old 6 Oct 2009, 20:18 (Ref:2555431)   #6
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuarterRik View Post
I have been there on sunday.

It looks a bit like a mini-Goodwood,scale 1/30.
I made a report on a Belgian site: http://www.gamequarter.be/new/v4/for...ead.php?t=2793
Les girls and a 'C' and a 'D' no revival is complete without them be it Reims or Goodwood.
Old 7 Oct 2009, 01:21 (Ref:2555570)   #7
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I received info about the event but it clashed with the 6 Hours. They would need to sort out such date clashes in the future to get people to bring cars rather than going to Spa. From what I understood, it is a track day type event with demonstration of cars etc, not a race meeting per se.

The photos look like there was a fairly eclectic mix of machinery.
Old 9 Oct 2009, 12:57 (Ref:2557476)   #8
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
smokystove should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
From what I understood, it is a track day type event with demonstration of cars etc, not a race meeting per se.
This is what I was trying to figure out because the 2009 regs explicitly state that there's no timing or prize giving, so I assume that means not a Regularity (which I'd be interested in) or a race meeting, but the regs also say that drivers are required to wear safety gear and under eligible vehicles they only seem to speak of App. K cars. However, on their site there are photos of what appear to be standard road cars (i.e. no safety equipment, etc.) as well in the entries. Either way, sounds like a nice event. Great for those who are Prewar owners, as it seems the entry fee is (was in 2009 anyway) waived for Prewar cars.