Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:49 (Ref:2626550)   #26
pieterbakker
Racer

European Union
Zandvoort (NL)
pieterbakker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Pieter, I am not sure you are right. I think that my English friends need an International C licence to take part in the Oldtimers at Nurburgring.
I just checked with the KNAF (Dutch MSA) and there are two answers possible;

1. the event has been introduced to the international FIA racing calendar, in this case you must have an international racing licence.

2. the event has not been introduced to the international FIA racing calendar, in this case an EU licence will do.

It is the competitor's resposibility to make enquieries, however most organizers will send you the event's regulations, in which you can find such information.

Most organizers however are hesitant about introducing their event to the int. FIA racing calendar, because - as you presumably already suspected - they ask an awful lot of money for that.

GPAO for example, most definitely is not an int. event.

Cheers,

Old 4 Feb 2010, 15:13 (Ref:2626571)   #27
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I have just got my new licence back from the MSA so I'm sorted now.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 15:25 (Ref:2626590)   #28
pieterbakker
Racer

European Union
Zandvoort (NL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I have just got my new licence back from the MSA so I'm sorted now.
You're not telling what grade
Old 4 Feb 2010, 15:30 (Ref:2626593)   #29
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieterbakker View Post
You're not telling what grade
I got an International C, not that I'll probably ever use the international part.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 16:04 (Ref:2626622)   #30
pieterbakker
Racer

European Union
Zandvoort (NL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I got an International C, not that I'll probably ever use the international part.
Whatever, enjoy
Old 4 Feb 2010, 16:06 (Ref:2626624)   #31
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Have I missed something? Who is going to Monaco?

Iain,dont forget that some of the kerbing there is a little high.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 16:32 (Ref:2626643)   #32
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As I am not doing Monaco or Le Mans Classic and have no illusions of competing at an international level I will probably downgrade to Nat A and save myself about £400!
FYI Dijon will be fine on Nat A and as far as I am aware Spa 6 Hour is fine on Nat A....
Old 4 Feb 2010, 17:05 (Ref:2626650)   #33
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Iain,dont forget that some of the kerbing there is a little high.
High? compared to Chimay thats barely a coat of paint

for what little its worth I think all kerbs should be proper, soon stop people cutting corners, I prefer the sharpened flint style myself
Old 4 Feb 2010, 17:28 (Ref:2626667)   #34
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or the Sawtooth type being installed on some corners of Brands.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 19:15 (Ref:2626736)   #35
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Just got home from my medical check, all A1 OK so will be sending off for my Nat A later :-)
Old 5 Feb 2010, 13:14 (Ref:2627242)   #36
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Received my 2010 licence today, so LMC here I come! (Not- I think!) I know the MSA come in for some flak, but all credit to them for the speed in which they get applications turned around. I sent mine off on Monday with a request to upgrade not substantiated by the normal card full of signatures. (Did however send a letter of explanation plus results sheets from 2009.) Understandably expected a protracted application but by tuesday lunchtime had email to confirm receipt, then wednesday pm another to say licence gone for printing. Can't complain about that!

Cheers, MSA.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 13:27 (Ref:2627249)   #37
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Received my 2010 licence today, so LMC here I come! (Not- I think!) I know the MSA come in for some flak, but all credit to them for the speed in which they get applications turned around. I sent mine off on Monday with a request to upgrade not substantiated by the normal card full of signatures. (Did however send a letter of explanation plus results sheets from 2009.) Understandably expected a protracted application but by tuesday lunchtime had email to confirm receipt, then wednesday pm another to say licence gone for printing. Can't complain about that!

Cheers, MSA.
Same with me although I didn't even bother with a covering letter, just six results sheets from the last couple of years.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 13:47 (Ref:2627266)   #38
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I just have a Nat B and I drive big powerful old tanks and have done for years, load of old cobblers really isnt it?
Old 5 Feb 2010, 20:13 (Ref:2627482)   #39
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Not if you want to drive the best Circuits Al.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 22:51 (Ref:2627601)   #40
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I just have a Nat B and I drive big powerful old tanks and have done for years, load of old cobblers really isnt it?
Why not get a Nat A it's only 24 quid more ? you can do most races with it.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 6 Feb 2010, 22:04 (Ref:2628099)   #41
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Al's a rebel, without a reason
Old 6 Feb 2010, 22:12 (Ref:2628111)   #42
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I will never race out the country or do Masters so why bother.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 06:56 (Ref:2628376)   #43
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Al's a rebel, without a reason

Or a 'cause',after the last post.You'll just have to leave us to our own devices Al,we'll race ours you can race yours.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 07:49 (Ref:2628391)   #44
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I bloody struggle finding the money for what I do at the moment without trips to Spa etc much as I would love to, if anyone wants to finance a trip I am all ears and will upgrade my licence forthwith!
Old 7 Feb 2010, 07:54 (Ref:2628392)   #45
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
'Freedom of Choice'- Wonderful thing. I choose where I race but respect that others will make different choices based on personal factors / beliefs / w.h.y............

Last edited by Mike Bell; 7 Feb 2010 at 07:58. Reason: speling!
Old 8 Feb 2010, 08:18 (Ref:2629085)   #46
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Having read the licence notes over the weekend you can upgrade a Nat A to Int C at any time if you have at some point held one... in which case if you are not participating in an "Internationally" sanctioned race you are stark raving mad to pay to be overlicenced. Dijon, Spa etc can all be done on a Nat A licenec.
My only regret is that I have not bothered reading the notes before!
Old 8 Feb 2010, 10:06 (Ref:2629159)   #47
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
Having read the licence notes over the weekend you can upgrade a Nat A to Int C at any time if you have at some point held one... in which case if you are not participating in an "Internationally" sanctioned race you are stark raving mad to pay to be overlicenced. Dijon, Spa etc can all be done on a Nat A licenec.
I came to this conclusion some while ago and, as I only do a couple of Continental races per year, I've been happily using a National A licence for years. If I ever need to have an International licence for a particular event, it is possible to immediately add International Historic to the Nat A, or have evidence of completing 6 National B category races to get Int C. A small saving in costs, but it all helps with our expensive hobby.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 10:16 (Ref:2629170)   #48
simon drabble
Veteran

I cannot believe it has taken me so long to realize - when you are under 45 the saving is not so great but given I am due my 2nd ECG I thought I would look into it a little closer! So I reckon total saving is in the region of £400 which is one race entry sorted!
Old 8 Feb 2010, 13:32 (Ref:2629278)   #49
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
The problem in my case is that I had the ecg last month (for other reasons) and if you don't apply for an international licence within 6 months you need the test revalidating.
So I went for the Int C even though it's highly unlikely I'll use it this year but at least I will have the option to renew next next year. As for £400 saving, the whole lot cost me an extra £175 for the test and the extra licence fee.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 14:03 (Ref:2629291)   #50
simon drabble
Veteran

my apologies - not £400 just £250! However I agree £175 is cheap (in a relative sense!)