Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 8 Mar 2021, 12:21 (Ref:4039625)   #1326
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The owners do seem to be demanding a hefty premium for the property. OK, we would love to be overlooking the circuit, but that relationship may wane over time. I noted on the video that "it would be ideal for further development", but is planning consent available or even currently granted?
Old 8 Mar 2021, 12:23 (Ref:4039626)   #1327
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Iain, who was it driving Mike Bell in this month's picture in the Bell calendar? It's driving me nuts trying to think who it is.
Old 8 Mar 2021, 14:44 (Ref:4039656)   #1328
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Iain, who was it driving Mike Bell in this month's picture in the Bell calendar? It's driving me nuts trying to think who it is.
Quote:
I can tell you that the Gentleman’s name was Richard Lawson a friend of Mikes, they both lived in Aldeburgh. The photo was taken in 2014. I took the photo.

I had a email from Mike in January 2018 requesting a copy of the photo as his friend Richard had passed away about Christmas time 2017 and he wanted to give Richards widow the photo.
I received this message from a 'lurker', but why ask Ian when it was yours truly who, designed the calendar, Ian? What does he know?

Bauble
Old 8 Mar 2021, 15:05 (Ref:4039663)   #1329
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
What does he know?
Who, Ian or Dave? If you mean Iain its different!
Old 8 Mar 2021, 15:07 (Ref:4039664)   #1330
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I received this message from a 'lurker', but why ask Ian when it was yours truly who, designed the calendar, Ian? What does he know?

Bauble

And the answer to the question reveals why the face seemed to be familiar. It's because, and this may help John E get it out of his mind, Mike posted about this matter and attached the photo at the time that he passed it on to his fiend's widow.

It all comes back to me, and I would have asked you but as you didn't reply to my and John's post some days ago, I assumed, rightly or wrongly, that you either didn't know or didn't care!
Old 8 Mar 2021, 15:39 (Ref:4039673)   #1331
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Mike, I am ashamed to say I cant remember his name. He was a good friend of Mikes but he also passed away a few years ago.They were both Morgan enthusiast.
For me that is just such a lovely picture.
Old 8 Mar 2021, 16:45 (Ref:4039687)   #1332
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
And the answer to the question reveals why the face seemed to be familiar. It's because, and this may help John E get it out of his mind, Mike posted about this matter and attached the photo at the time that he passed it on to his fiend's widow.

It all comes back to me, and I would have asked you but as you didn't reply to my and John's post some days ago, I assumed, rightly or wrongly, that you either didn't know or didn't care!
I guess he had an unforgetable face! His name also rings a bell (sorry!) with me too. Must be the Norfolk connection.
Old 8 Mar 2021, 21:06 (Ref:4039724)   #1333
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Anyone looking for a 'sizeable' property with a view.... and a great address?

448 Conrod Straight Mount Panorama Bathurst is on the market.
the listing reads.

More info and pics: https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/03/08...ts-the-market/

Wow!

What a place to live.

I've checked all my investments, and I reckon if I cash in everything, I might just scrape together enough.

Enough, that is, to buy a few of those goldfish in the pond...
Old 8 Mar 2021, 22:25 (Ref:4039734)   #1334
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Anyone looking for a 'sizeable' property with a view.... and a great address?

448 Conrod Straight Mount Panorama Bathurst is on the market.
the listing reads.

More info and pics: https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/03/08...ts-the-market/
Some things in life just have to be done, now where did I put my wallet! Great venue for a trackside workshop - Iain?
Old 11 Mar 2021, 07:33 (Ref:4039768)   #1335
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
GerryMo, are you responsible for the shut down at tenths?
There seems to be a French connection in the dramas.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKBN2B20NU

Got to say a huge thank you to all the tenth's keyboard warriors behind the scenes who got it all up and running again so swiftly. Much appreciated
Old 11 Mar 2021, 11:26 (Ref:4039803)   #1336
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thank you for the Forum

I dont know who I should thank for bringing back the forum from ashes, but thank to those people. If ever we meet somewhere any day any time, cheers, I buy a beer or two and coffee or tea depending on your convenience and choice. Merci Ã* tous ces Dave and cheers! Let the show go on.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 11:38 (Ref:4039805)   #1337
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Grant is a JD and Coke man. 😉
Old 11 Mar 2021, 11:46 (Ref:4039810)   #1338
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Always found there's nothing like Coke to enhance Oban taste… Have been told its a sacrilège, but dont much care!
Old 11 Mar 2021, 12:03 (Ref:4039817)   #1339
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Grant is a JD and Coke man. 😉

Haven't drunk Whisky and Coke since I was a teenager, when I used to pour the Whisky into the Coke from a small bottle which I secreted on my person in establishments that didn't have liquor licences, such as the bistro at the Witches' Cauldron in Belsize Village near Hampstead, North London. And I wasn't the only patron doing so, either.

I later became a part-time sort of manager there to supplement my earnings so that I could fund my motor racing escapades when the boss ran of with one of the waitresses, and I was rather friendly with his wife, who could be rather a fiery person but with whom I had a very good relationship for some unknown reason. And that's where I met my future wife one snowy Christmas Eve.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 17:46 (Ref:4039916)   #1340
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I remember a stupid game played with three dice, called 7, 14, 21. First to reach 7 orders a drink, first making 14 drinks and, of course, 21 means you have to pay for the drink. We then invited the most awful and undrinkable cocktails you can't even imagine! Some nights, slightly done, we would have loved and escapade with the waitress but… couldn't! Happy nights in Britany!
Old 11 Mar 2021, 19:41 (Ref:4039950)   #1341
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
In a fit of wild optimism that our race on April 10th may be going ahead, I got brave and tried on the race suit today..........

and much to my surprise and relief I could get into it, and zip it up......and even still breathe. Next time I'll try sitting down in it

4 weeks of relative restraint ahead, however, methinks, to attempt to achieve racing fitness........
Old 11 Mar 2021, 19:53 (Ref:4039954)   #1342
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I remember a stupid game played with three dice, called 7, 14, 21. First to reach 7 orders a drink, first making 14 drinks and, of course, 21 means you have to pay for the drink. We then invited the most awful and undrinkable cocktails you can't even imagine! Some nights, slightly done, we would have loved and escapade with the waitress but… couldn't! Happy nights in Britany!
Sounds similar to our Rugby Club after a match.

I can't tell you what happened when were on tour because I was too ........... to remember, apart from Argentina in the mid 80's when all 30 of us landed up in prison over a weekend.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 20:16 (Ref:4039961)   #1343
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Sounds similar to our Rugby Club after a match. I can't tell you what happened when were on tour because I was too ........... to remember,
Old 11 Mar 2021, 20:44 (Ref:4039974)   #1344
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Sounds similar to our Rugby Club after a match.

I can't tell you what happened when were on tour because I was too ........... to remember, apart from Argentina in the mid 80's when all 30 of us landed up in prison over a weekend.
Whats goes on on tour, stays on tour!
Old 11 Mar 2021, 21:05 (Ref:4039983)   #1345
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Whats goes on on tour, stays on tour!
Exactly, don't know how they'd get on these days though, every bu..er has a mobile phone and it would be on the Internet before you could blink.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 22:39 (Ref:4039998)   #1346
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, Gerard, if you were able to watch the National Geographic channel in the UK tonight you would have seen why Ric Wood took so long to answer your phone calls and provide your parts over the last year or so, he was rebuilding a Metro 6R4 for a uk TV programme!
Old 11 Mar 2021, 23:13 (Ref:4040007)   #1347
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
So, Gerard, if you were able to watch the National Geographic channel in the UK tonight you would have seen why Ric Wood took so long to answer your phone calls and provide your parts over the last year or so, he was rebuilding a Metro 6R4 for a uk TV programme!
I never knew 6R4's used Capri parts! 😄
Old 11 Mar 2021, 23:24 (Ref:4040010)   #1348
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I never knew 6R4's used Capri parts! 😄
BMW diffs!
And with Ric’s car collection you can see how lucrative his line of work is!
Fair play, I am just jealous!
Old 11 Mar 2021, 23:42 (Ref:4040023)   #1349
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
BMW diffs!
And with Ric’s car collection you can see how lucrative his line of work is!
Fair play, I am just jealous!
Understandable!
Old 11 Mar 2021, 23:47 (Ref:4040026)   #1350
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
In a fit of wild optimism that our race on April 10th may be going ahead, I got brave and tried on the race suit today..........

and much to my surprise and relief I could get into it, and zip it up......and even still breathe. Next time I'll try sitting down in it

I do know that they shrink when washed, so you know the answer
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Closed Thread