Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Dec 2013, 09:17 (Ref:3348102)   #1
dr46rossi
Rookie

Germany
Düsseldorf
dr46rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old Timer GP

Now it is fix and at the 2014 AvD Oldtimer Grand Prix 8-10 August at Nuerburgring, there will be a race for Formula3 cars 1964-1984.

The race will have four classes:

Class A: Formula3 1000ccm, 1964-1970
Class B: Formula3 1600ccm, 1971-1973
Class C: Formula3 2000ccm, 1974-1978
Class D: Formula3 2000ccm, 1979-1984

We will have two practices on Friday and one race at saturday.

The entry forms will be online soon at the AvD OGP homepage or the www.HRA-Online.de webpage.

It would be great to have a nice field of F3 cars.

For more Informations you can contact me.
Marcel@Biehl-racing.de
cheers
Old 19 Dec 2013, 11:43 (Ref:3348103)   #2
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Very tempting Marcel
Old 19 Dec 2013, 13:54 (Ref:3348104)   #3
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even more so with FREE B&B.
Old 26 Dec 2013, 08:20 (Ref:3347929)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old Timer GP

Masters:

http://www.themastersseries.com/even...o-2014/item/62
Old 26 Dec 2013, 22:23 (Ref:3348105)   #5
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I note the HF2 are also racing so hopefully we can combine another attempt at the Old Timer GP with a run in the F2 race
Old 25 Jun 2014, 09:03 (Ref:3426226)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I know someone will be able to point me in the right direction to get the low down on the Historic Marathon held on the Nordshleife on the Friday or Saturday. I don't seem to be able to access the AvD website via iPad for some reason.....

I watched some of the race last year and it has to be on the bucket list- maybe 2015- but I can't remember the car categories eligible!

Any help appreciated.
Old 25 Jun 2014, 09:38 (Ref:3426235)   #7
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the website that gives spectator info

https://www.avd.de/ogpracing/english/

For entries it is on http://www.fhr-langstreckencup.de/

The entry criteria is pre 66 - so anything from a Mini Cooper to GT40 - same as the Spa 6 hours

Provided we fix our gearbox problem in the Grantura we should be there giving it another go...
Old 25 Jun 2014, 16:39 (Ref:3426376)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks! The AvD site requires flash player so have accessed with compooter rather than tablet thingy. All the regs etc are on there. The Nurburgring Trophy race (2 instead of 4hr?) combined with the Marathon takes cars up to 1976, so gives me more opportunity to find something suitable. Planning for 2015 starts now......

Old 28 Jun 2014, 12:22 (Ref:3427456)   #9
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Mike,

We ran the TR5 in the Nurburgring Trophy (NT) in 2011, really enjoyed it! Our first ever endurance race. Quali in the morning and race in the afternoon, get drunk in the evening!

I started my 'research' the year before, and was at the OGP in 2010 so i did a load of asking around, and watched some of the race to get an idea of what was running, how refuelling worked, that kind of stuff.

2011 the race was held on the combined Nordschliefe and GP Track, but i think it was the last time they did it that way. I would have entered in 2012 and '13 but was majoring on the FJ those times, and the timetables made it impossible for anyone to run in both, now that separate tracks were being used. Shame for me.

They do change the format and race lengths every year - no idea why. The year we did it the Nurburgring Trophy race which started and ran concurrently with the Marathon was 3:30mins, and the Marathon went on just 30mins longer.

We ran the race on my usual Yoko AO48rs, which were the most prevalent tyres we saw in the NT classes, even though it wasn't exactly clear from the regs that they were permissible!

It was wet, dry, very wet, dry etc, you know how it goes there! Couple of photos attached.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_3024.jpg   IMG_7001.jpg  
Old 28 Jun 2014, 12:52 (Ref:3427461)   #10
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are in for this, lordy all the hotels are booked up!! Anyone know of anywhere that still has space?
Old 28 Jun 2014, 16:38 (Ref:3427516)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRSTR5 View Post
They do change the format and race lengths every year - no idea why. The year we did it the Nurburgring Trophy race which started and ran concurrently with the Marathon was 3:30mins, and the Marathon went on just 30mins longer.

We ran the race on my usual Yoko AO48rs.
Thanks for that James! This year both the NT and HM appear to be 240 minutes long, and I am guessing that the NT tyre regs allow list 1b tyres. From memory the Marathon requires L's unless the race is declared wet, then ZZs can be used.

Reading up on the Oldtimer races, it pays to look past the UK promoter's offerings! The 'Revival German Racing Championship' covers Gp2, 4 and 5 cars from 1972 to '81, so that's one for Canary, race 5 is for '2 seater race cars and GTs up to 1960/61', so 1959 Morgan possibly eligible, then to the Nordschleife with Gilbern for the Marathon or Gp1 RS2 for the Nurburgring Trophy! Could easily spend a season's budget at the one meeting......

Old 29 Jun 2014, 19:53 (Ref:3428081)   #12
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Reading up on the Oldtimer races, it pays to look past the UK promoter's offerings! The 'Revival German Racing Championship' covers Gp2, 4 and 5 cars from 1972 to '81, so that's one for Canary, race 5 is for '2 seater race cars and GTs up to 1960/61', so 1959 Morgan possibly eligible, then to the Nordschleife with Gilbern for the Marathon or Gp1 RS2 for the Nurburgring Trophy! Could easily spend a season's budget at the one meeting......

Fill that whole truck up just for you to play with … why a huge weekend … big danger of high stress loads, but awesome if it all came off!
Old 30 Jun 2014, 06:37 (Ref:3428426)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRSTR5 View Post
Fill that whole truck up just for you to play with … why a huge weekend … big danger of high stress loads, but awesome if it all came off!
I remember last year the slightly bizarre sight of two cars belonging to same owner on different tracks at same time! While the owner was doing his stint on Nordschleife his co driver legged it back to the paddock and then went out to qualify another car on the GP track! I could see both from the Marathon refuelling area.....

Bit too much stress for me!

Old 30 Jun 2014, 09:18 (Ref:3428484)   #14
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I remember last year the slightly bizarre sight of two cars belonging to same owner on different tracks at same time! While the owner was doing his stint on Nordschleife his co driver legged it back to the paddock and then went out to qualify another car on the GP track! I could see both from the Marathon refuelling area.....

Bit too much stress for me!

Mike, what you really, really need is a young hot-shoe, like me, -no, no, I can't go on, modesty prevails
Old 29 Jul 2014, 14:01 (Ref:3439710)   #15
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else going out to this?

We are doing the Marathon - assuming I survive 2 races at the Gamma Racing days at Assen this weekend.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 15:09 (Ref:3439725)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Delta crew will be there. I normaly put on a few pounds.. Steak in the Piston Clous and Hostility in the paddock. O yea the bitburgers might have something to do with it as well.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 16:56 (Ref:3439766)   #17
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Delta crew will be there. I normaly put on a few pounds.. Steak in the Piston Clous and Hostility in the paddock.

Old 30 Jul 2014, 05:07 (Ref:3439998)   #18
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Delta crew will be there. I normaly put on a few pounds.. Steak in the Piston Clous and Hostility in the paddock. O yea the bitburgers might have something to do with it as well.

So no hospitality in Christas Imbiss?
DMSB Int C just arrived, funny but its something Ive always wanted.
Old 30 Jul 2014, 08:11 (Ref:3440058)   #19
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Last year we did Pre 61 GT race

Hour on Saturday evening and half hour Sunday morning

Good stuff!
Old 30 Jul 2014, 08:36 (Ref:3440065)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
DMSB Int C just arrived, funny but its something Ive always wanted.
Glad it's something you've always wanted, as I don't know what the heck it is!

John, those pre 61 race look good. Noted for next year!
Old 30 Jul 2014, 15:44 (Ref:3440147)   #21
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Glad it's something you've always wanted, as I don't know what the heck it is!

John, those pre 61 race look good. Noted for next year!

Mike, its the German Int C licence.My UK one expires this year so thought I might as well get the German version now I have a permanent German address.Difference is its a pushbike ride for six minutes, very relaxed affair in applying for it.Highly recommended
Old 5 Aug 2014, 13:58 (Ref:3441634)   #22
PeteJ
Rookie

PeteJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,

A bit late ... but due to a change of plans, I have x3 hotel rooms available at the Nurburgring Dorint from Wednesday to Sunday and also x5 rooms at Hotel an der Nordschleife (much cheaper!) also Wednesday to Sunday.

Give me a call on 07768301836

Pete