Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Mar 2021, 23:42 (Ref:4039104)   #1
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Mattia Binotto gone

Facebook groups are all referencing each other that the Scuderia have sacked him.
Anyone got facts?
Old 6 Mar 2021, 00:38 (Ref:4039116)   #2
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Have not seen anything yet, but can only hope it is true.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 09:36 (Ref:4039156)   #3
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The revolving door policy hasn't worked in the past so why should it now?Hard to think who would want the job given the way the Italian media criticise every little thing.Even so,its just a rumour-for now.I sometimes wonder if they ought to have given Nigel Stepney the job he wanted.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 09:49 (Ref:4039158)   #4
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The thing is they need someone who can lead the team. I don’t know who that would be, but Binotto has not looked like moving the team forward. If they got someone in who could take over, sort out the mess they are in and bring in a plan to move the team forward then the team would perform a lot better ad Ferrari will start to look more competitive again. I actually things like Stepneygate weren’t the main problem. Under Domenicalli they actually did alright, although mistakes did come in quite a bit
Old 6 Mar 2021, 11:37 (Ref:4039174)   #5
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
If they got someone in who could take over, sort out the mess they are in and bring in a plan to move the team forward then the team would perform a lot better ad Ferrari will start to look more competitive again.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 12:13 (Ref:4039184)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co..._ferrari_team/

Just one of many rumour sources.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 12:28 (Ref:4039190)   #7
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I've been discussing this with an Italian friend. He says that there is quite a bit of rumour spreading in Italian circles that Binotto will be out soon - and that once they get it in their mind that he is out, it will be impossible for him to remain.

Obviously this is just speculation at the moment - but if I were a betting man......
Old 6 Mar 2021, 14:50 (Ref:4039226)   #8
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
He has been a disaster, but then whoever thought combining the Team Principal and Technical Director roles was a good idea needs to go too.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 15:19 (Ref:4039229)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
no doubt Binotto's future was always going to depend on how things go this season but for the knives to be out before winter testing makes me feel like it is classic Ferrari politics at play and Binotto is the latest casualty of the turnstile rather then cause of their woes.

or maybe they already know this year's car is a dog?
Old 6 Mar 2021, 15:50 (Ref:4039239)   #10
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Binotto was always going to have a tough job on his hands, but I do wonder how much longer he will last. I’m not convinced he’s the man to move the team forward. The team is a mess atm, but I think they should give him half a season more. Gives the team time to find a replacement, as he’s not someone they need for the long term. Ferrari needs a big change if it’s to start being up there again.

However, although I don’t expect this year’s car to be a winner, I would be surprised if it wasn’t better than last year’s car
Old 6 Mar 2021, 21:53 (Ref:4039286)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
or maybe they already know this year's car is a dog?
Maybe they think it's going to be good and someone else wants the creditio.
Old 7 Mar 2021, 07:45 (Ref:4039326)   #12
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess it hinges on who is in line. Binotto is a brilliant engineer and seemingly got the job because he was next in line. Not a good basis for appointment. If he goes now Ferrari will have shot them selves in both feet - not for the first time. Why don’t the analyse the Schumacher years and realise why it worked? Laughably it would seem McLaren have done just that.... I suspect Ferrari will slot in another “political corporate “....
Old 7 Mar 2021, 12:36 (Ref:4039385)   #13
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
I guess it hinges on who is in line. Binotto is a brilliant engineer and seemingly got the job because he was next in line. Not a good basis for appointment. If he goes now Ferrari will have shot them selves in both feet - not for the first time. Why don’t the analyse the Schumacher years and realise why it worked? Laughably it would seem McLaren have done just that.... I suspect Ferrari will slot in another “political corporate “....
Because they can't work in an advantageous partnership with Bridgestone anymore.
Old 7 Mar 2021, 12:43 (Ref:4039386)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
Because they can't work in an advantageous partnership with Bridgestone anymore.
That's all it was?
Old 7 Mar 2021, 13:41 (Ref:4039400)   #15
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And how did that and other partnerships comeabout ? A top knotch management that’s how. Now it’s just a bunch of nationalistic back stabbers - just like the old days...
Old 8 Mar 2021, 02:33 (Ref:4039538)   #16
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That's all it was?
Sorry. Massive tyre advantage and better than tank reliability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
And how did that and other partnerships comeabout ? A top knotch management that’s how. Now it’s just a bunch of nationalistic back stabbers - just like the old days...
Commercial benefit from Schumacher winning using Bridgestones?
Old 8 Mar 2021, 03:51 (Ref:4039548)   #17
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Commercial benefit from Schumacher winning using Bridgestones?
.... and tyres especially developed for the Ferrari (part sponsored by Bridgestone) with unlimited testing at Fiorano as opposed to for others using the brand.
Old 8 Mar 2021, 04:06 (Ref:4039549)   #18
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
Yeah, tell Aysedasi that.
Old 8 Mar 2021, 04:10 (Ref:4039550)   #19
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I also notice that the (Ferrar) driver who started this rumour re Binotto has now backtracked his comments.
Ferrari GT driver Josef Kral has since deleted his original comment and posted:
Quote:
“Just to make it loud and clear…some of my recent comments about Scuderia Ferrari have been misinterpreted and taken out of context…

“What I said was based on my own opinion and without any real base or information…I apologise if these speculations have created any issue.”
Of course where there is smoke there is fire springs to mind but it seems at this stage to be a rumour started by a mis-interpreted opinion based message.
Old 8 Mar 2021, 04:18 (Ref:4039552)   #20
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
https://www.planetf1.com/news/mattia...i-sack-rumour/
Old 8 Mar 2021, 08:35 (Ref:4039570)   #21
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Either there's something wrong with my phone or the story has been pulled.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 8 Mar 2021, 10:45 (Ref:4039601)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yeah, tell Aysedasi that.
Why would he need to do that? I merely posed the question of you as to whether Schumacher's Ferrari dominance was solely down to the relationship with Bridgestone, which was what you indicated.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

Yep, pulled.
Old 8 Mar 2021, 12:33 (Ref:4039629)   #23
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

I don't think it was pulled, but rather that URL was mangled when posted above.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mattia...i-sack-rumour/

Upon reading the article, it seem that the person who started this was a Ferrari GT driver named Jozef Kral. Who has since backtracked and no doubt has found that it may be difficult for him to have any association with Ferrari in the future!

Generally, I don't see anything happening with Mattia until they see how things go in the 2022 season. If performance is acceptable (who knows what that might be) then he is OK. If not then why not continue with the Ferrari management revolving doors as they seem to do.

Richard

Last edited by Richard C; 8 Mar 2021 at 12:39.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 22:52 (Ref:4040000)   #24
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Of course where there is smoke there is fire springs to mind but it seems at this stage to be a rumour started by a mis-interpreted opinion based message.
On social media? Surely not!
Old 12 Mar 2021, 10:46 (Ref:4040086)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
On social media? Surely not!
Astonishing. That must be the first time it's ever happened!