Old 29 Sep 2006, 12:08 (Ref:1722903)   #1
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Albers confirmed at Spyker for 2007

According to www.F1racing.net and www.albersf1.com

Not really a surprise given the Dutch ownership of the team, Im pleased for Christijan as he has driven some really good races this season and generally outperformed Monteiro. Wonder if Doornbos will join him to recreate Minardi's 2005 all-Dutch lineup?
Old 29 Sep 2006, 12:25 (Ref:1722920)   #2
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd expect the second driver not to be Dutch - they already should have enough kudos to attract all the potential sponsorship from the country, and might as well widen their attention with the second driver.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 16:04 (Ref:1725395)   #3
f1_carzy
Racer

United Kingdom
Bangor, Co Down
f1_carzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Albers seems to have put Mr Bring the car home Monteiro in the shade! He has had some good drives this year, but Albers seems to get quite a few reprimands as well, I guess! Was he not the one who was invovled with a collission with MS last year?
Old 2 Oct 2006, 16:10 (Ref:1725399)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He's not going to McLaren then? http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...ghlight=albers

Anyway. Good stuff. Lets hope they move up the grid.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 16:11 (Ref:1725401)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes Adam he definately has a contract for next year and its not with Spyker....
Old 2 Oct 2006, 16:12 (Ref:1725403)   #6
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This one is probably not the greatest of surprises. That said, I hope with Ferarri engines, Spyker are able to put in the occasional good race, for I feel that Albers is capable of performing to a decent level based on his performances in other formulae.

As for his team mate, I predict it will be Klien.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 17:53 (Ref:1725485)   #7
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
too bad a mediocre driver like him can stick around for 3 seasons
Old 3 Oct 2006, 08:28 (Ref:1726038)   #8
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for reminding me that Adam!! Mine was purely logic based... my mind is a wonderful thing.

I like Albers, he's a decent enough driver, he'll probably never get to drive for a front running team, but he can get a few more years of F1 with some decent drives.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 13:39 (Ref:1726404)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well at least he will feel at home with this team !
Old 3 Oct 2006, 14:20 (Ref:1726448)   #10
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper
As for his team mate, I predict it will be Klien.
Klien himself seems to agree! (according to www.f1racing.net)
Old 4 Oct 2006, 09:15 (Ref:1727326)   #11
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Good, he deserves the seat more than others, and has hardly disgraced himself in the RBR
Old 4 Oct 2006, 16:50 (Ref:1727828)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whoever it will be will have to bring money.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 17:30 (Ref:1727858)   #13
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Whoever it will be will have to bring money.
Which could preclude Klien, for the bulk of his support so far in his career has come from Red Bull and I can't see that situation remaining next year.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 18:41 (Ref:1727922)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Spyker says that a new driver will bring money,and Klien is too proud to admit that he might need to.......a problem.

Surely RedBull would help Klien out in his hour of need?
Old 4 Oct 2006, 19:59 (Ref:1727996)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another struggling team... I wonder how long it will last this time.
Old 5 Oct 2006, 15:00 (Ref:1728912)   #16
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Surely RedBull would help Klien out in his hour of need?
I think Red Bull have now totally cut their ties with Klien; they seemed to only be willing to support him in other catagories like Champ Car, not F1. Mind you Red Bull did support drivers like Bernoldi in 2001/2 when they weren't at the official Red Bull supported F1 team of the time (Sauber), so maybe there is still a chance for Klien. Are there any other big Austrian companies that would be willing to back him I wonder?
Old 5 Oct 2006, 16:52 (Ref:1729014)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Having two teams now, I'm not sure they have problems of exposing their brand... can't see where sponsoring Klien will be good for them.