Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 3 Oct 2007, 20:18 (Ref:2030237)   #1
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Busch Series new name official.

And, it's a doozy....

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head...sor/index.html

I can't see "Nationwide Insurance Series" coming off the tongue too well.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 21:10 (Ref:2030277)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nationwide Series. It is close to National Series.

Err...that's it.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 21:32 (Ref:2030290)   #3
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Still doesn't sound good, haha.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 21:39 (Ref:2030294)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I never said it did. In fact, it is quite dreadful! But ultimately it will have no impact on my life.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 02:02 (Ref:2030421)   #5
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It sure beats the Subway Series, at least.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 02:23 (Ref:2030432)   #6
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
RaceFanStan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

It could have been worse .....
imagine the Tampax Series .....
Old 4 Oct 2007, 02:26 (Ref:2030434)   #7
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish_Flake
It sure beats the Subway Series, at least.
I would have preferred the Subway Series, honestly. That rolls off the tongue better. Nationwide has one syllable too many for it to come off well.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 10:02 (Ref:2030639)   #8
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Nationwide Series. It is close to National Series.

Err...that's it.

Yeh I don't mind it, seems to fit if they call it the Nationwide Series, if they call it the Nationwide Insurance Series that would be no good.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 4 Oct 2007, 12:18 (Ref:2030767)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

My fear is they will call it "Nationwide Insurance Series" hence I think it's a bit lame.

"Nationwide Series" is indeed decent.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 12:46 (Ref:2030805)   #10
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I never liked it when Winston became Nextel and Sprint has the wrong connotations for me, but hey I'll get used to it and will wonder what the fuss was about.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 18:46 (Ref:2031194)   #11
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nationwide doesn't sound to bad when you look at some of the other companies that were looking at taking over the series sponsorship. Wal-Mart and Samsung were both looking into being the title sponsor. Just think it could have been the Wal-Mart Series...
Old 4 Oct 2007, 19:00 (Ref:2031212)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Precisely. Any sponsor name is ugly but people soon get used to it. Doesn't 'Winston Cup' sound so weird these days? Nextel Cup seems like it's been here for ever. But that too will be gone next year and more and more people refer to it simply as 'Cup'. Will the Nationwide series gain a new 'nickname'?
Old 4 Oct 2007, 19:37 (Ref:2031252)   #13
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why not say what it is supposed to be a Bush league
it fit perfect with busch.
the Nationwide Series cna work for me
or why not the Grand Nationwide Series
or National Insurance 'Bush' League
Old 5 Oct 2007, 12:40 (Ref:2031958)   #14
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What was ever wrong with the "Grand National" series or was that sponsor related too? (Excuse my ignorance but I've only seen a handful of Busch races via Motors)
Old 5 Oct 2007, 17:31 (Ref:2032216)   #15
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceFanStan
It could have been worse .....
imagine the Tampax Series .....
too funny
Old 5 Oct 2007, 18:47 (Ref:2032279)   #16
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
With those abbreviations, surely it has to be know as NISCAR
Old 19 Oct 2007, 17:50 (Ref:2044782)   #17
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
New (boring) logo:
Old 19 Oct 2007, 17:52 (Ref:2044784)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Good name, idiotic logo!
Old 24 Oct 2007, 22:51 (Ref:2050723)   #19
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does what it says on the tin though...