Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 13 Oct 2007, 10:21 (Ref:2039117)   #26
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tracy is only big because there is no-one else other than Justin Wilson, and is the guy that has been there the longest.

He'd be interesting in cup though, I see him as a Tony Stewart type, never wrong and always complaining, but entertaining.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 13 Oct 2007, 14:09 (Ref:2039239)   #27
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Indeed. Bring it on!
Old 13 Oct 2007, 20:07 (Ref:2039396)   #28
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tracy has lost it though. I stuck up for him for years, was a big fan, but he has absolutely lost the plot. He'd be terrifying in Cup, like Robby Gordon on acid.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 20:14 (Ref:2040211)   #29
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonetoosmart
I feel a few of these teams will be disenchanted by their choices. The level of competition in Cup is higher than anywhere else, sometimes a field of 43 cars are separated by less than a second in qualifying...That being said, I think Villeneuve, Franchitti, and Montoya have what it takes to compete at such a level. Guys like Carpentier, Hornish, and Allmendinger will be chewed up and spit out. JMHO...Nonetheless its great that these guys are making a run at Cup, it shows just how tough it is to be competitive on a weekly basis. Who would have though driving in circles would be the biggest challenge in motorsport?
I pretty much agree. None of the O.W. drivers are going to come in and run away with the races. Some will be competitive, win a few races, and rank in the top 15. Ranking in the top 15 means that you are doing pretty good IMO.

O.W. in the U.S. does not have the talent level "down the lineup" that they did in years past IMO and the lack of strong competition hurts the driver development. I hope I don't upset everyone with that comment, just my opinion.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 15:35 (Ref:2055009)   #30
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Patrick Carpentier will replace Scott Riggs at Phoenix and will be the driver for the remainder of the season for Evernham. Sounds like a good idea to me to get him some experience for Daytona. Just hope that he stays out of the way of Gordon and Johnson.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 15:39 (Ref:2055014)   #31
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Let's hope he stays out of the way of Gordon