Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 5 Nov 2007, 00:46 (Ref:2059724)   #26
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Punt him off the track. It'd make everyone happy.
Old 5 Nov 2007, 12:54 (Ref:2060112)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Classy.

I thought Kenseth did well to hold on as long as he did, but he was having to really hang it out to keep Johnson behind (barely). In the end he did the smart thing. Still, some great racing there at the end! Kenseth was sliding that thing all over the track!

This is looking ominous now though, Jimmie has really found the groove.
Old 5 Nov 2007, 16:45 (Ref:2060405)   #28
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
It was actually quite fun for those few laps at the end. Shame Kenseth didn't have anything left so he could have raced to the end but, unlike a certain F1 rookie, he knows that there's a point to settle for what you got and pick up the result. No good throwing it at the scenery trying to hold off someone who you really have no chance in beating.

JJ better not win this. I'll be forced to throw beer bottles onto the track. Or something equally idiotic. I'll not be happy. Interesting that they mentioned he finally took the championship lead in the equivalent race last year... hmmm...
Old 5 Nov 2007, 16:50 (Ref:2060410)   #29
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, he did the same last year. But this year he is in much better form prior to taking the lead as well. Last year he struggled at the start of the chase.

The Chase really is a double edged thing. It makes the championship mighty exciting but it is really unfair on people who have had near faultless seasons. From memory I think Jeff Gordon has only had one retirement, a big shunt at Lowe's. And here he is trailing, although admittedly Johnson has more wins. But there is more to NASCAR than simply winning somehow...
Old 5 Nov 2007, 23:48 (Ref:2060724)   #30
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was bummed Kenseth couldn't hold on, but tremendous racing there.

3 top 5's in a row. If MK hadn't had such bad luck at the start of the chase he'd be right in there with a shot. He's the only guy to consitently have the pace to match the Hendrick boys.

Pity JPM had engine troubles, he was looking really good for a top 5 in the early stages.
Old 6 Nov 2007, 02:44 (Ref:2060794)   #31
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The thing I don't like about the "Chase" is that it sometimes makes average drivers look better than they are. Bowyer was contending for the Championship before the Texas race and he is now, under the "Classic" old system of points, about 781 points behind. Nowhere close to Johnson or Gordon. anything can still happen in the last 2 races and I am pulling for Gordon to overtake Jimmy.
Old 6 Nov 2007, 13:10 (Ref:2061161)   #32
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was good at the end there, even if Jimmy won, I must say, he does good burnouts!

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 7 Nov 2007, 10:25 (Ref:2061954)   #33
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
hendricks boys (johnson/gordon) have now won 15 races between them i think....
Old 10 Nov 2007, 00:05 (Ref:2064083)   #34
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Villeneuve is in!!!! Hornish and Carpentier also qualified for the race. Allmendinger missed the cut.

Last edited by VilleneuveTracy; 10 Nov 2007 at 00:08.

3 Heinz-Harald Frentzen Williams-Renault 42 (1 win, 1 pole)

Anyone could have won in the 97' Williams...