Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Jul 2005, 20:47 (Ref:1362316)   #1
HUPBAR
Rookie

HUPBAR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Albers future f1 champion?

Hi am following CA the last few races and I realy do think he is a tallented f1driver.
He is finishing most of the times and is very good in qualifing,
If they give hime the change to drive a good car he can be as fast has Kimi and Alonso.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 21:17 (Ref:1362341)   #2
Hip Priest
Racer

Hip Priest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He has certainly done well, but i can't see him being as fast as Kimi Raikonnen or Fernando Alonso.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 21:26 (Ref:1362350)   #3
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He is a very good driver, after watching him in the DTM last year and the year before he can be blindingly fast !!! But i can see him being as fast as Kimi or Alonso.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 21:56 (Ref:1362376)   #4
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He has impressed me as well. If given a chance in a Sauber or BAR, let's see what he can do.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 05:24 (Ref:1362520)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's not world champion material.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 07:17 (Ref:1362569)   #6
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not Yet, Not Even Close. I can name a number of drivers not in F1 who are more talented then he is. Such as Paul Tracey, Bourdias, Bruno Janqueira, and Justin Wilson. I also feel that their a couple of IRL drivers who could do a better job then he can.

On the other hand I have been impressed with him at times and I do believe that he has a future in f1 unlike Kartikyen, Frisacker, and perhaps even monterio. I remember in the start of the year the Speed Channel announcers kinda wrote him off, but he really has done everything he can do to prove himself in that Minardi thats four seconds off the pace of the leader.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 09:18 (Ref:1362669)   #7
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Albers is a good driver, I rate Paffett higher who hopefully one day will get a drive in F1....
Old 25 Jul 2005, 09:21 (Ref:1362671)   #8
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now Paffet there is a driver who could IS championship material !!!
Old 25 Jul 2005, 09:28 (Ref:1362676)   #9
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
To Albers' credit, he was a championship contender in the DTM and won the German F3 title (although his stint in F3000 was unremarkable).
Old 25 Jul 2005, 09:28 (Ref:1362677)   #10
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
jet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No he's not he has done a very good job so far and i hope he will have a better team/car next year.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 09:30 (Ref:1362679)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I doubt this could happen but both Albers and Paffett at Sauber would be interesting........
Old 25 Jul 2005, 10:10 (Ref:1362726)   #12
312T4
Racer

Italy
312T4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Champions are different and you can most of the time reckon them immediatly once in F1.
Albers is good, but not talented as much as to be a champion.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 10:45 (Ref:1362771)   #13
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see him in a more competitive team and qualify on a 2 stop strategy in the Minardi first before i pass ultimate judgement, but he seems to be doing really well, staying out of alot of trouble so hopefully he gets noticed for next year at the very least.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 09:49 (Ref:1363611)   #14
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He is definitely rookie of the year so far. He has matured a lot as well and I'm very impressed with his racepace.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 10:42 (Ref:1363638)   #15
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
His stint in F3000 was remarkable - remarkably awful. No points all season when Webber finished 3rd in the series as team-mate (himself a rookie, although with sportscar experience). I don't think any of this year's rookies are potential champions, otehr than maybe Liuzzi who is yet to shine in F1 cars. Albers has greatly exceeded my expectations, largely kepeing out of trouble and generally having the edge on Friesacher, with a very good solid race pace, but he hasn't made the same impact as Alonso or Webber did with Minardi. The car may eb further off the pace than at those times, but the gaps off the front from Friesacher were similar to those recorded by Marques and Yoong, so who knows?
Old 26 Jul 2005, 10:44 (Ref:1363641)   #16
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUPBAR
Hi am following CA the last few races and I realy do think he is a tallented f1driver.
He is finishing most of the times and is very good in qualifing,
If they give hime the change to drive a good car he can be as fast has Kimi and Alonso.
Are you Dutch? What have you been smoking????
Old 26 Jul 2005, 10:44 (Ref:1363643)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Albers has great potential, he's very good. I doubt he's champion stuff, but he could cut himself a nice tidy career if he manages to get a competitive ride.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1363761)   #18
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
...with a very good solid race pace, but he hasn't made the same impact as Alonso or Webber did with Minardi.
To be honest, I can't really remember what Alonso did in the Minardi. Did he score any points? Was Webber really so impressive in the Minardi? He was kind of lucky in Melbourne, with all those retirements... He didn't do anything else that season and everybody knows it's not that difficult to overshadow Alex Yoong in F1. I'm not saying he was crap, because he did do a good job, but I rate Albers current performance just as high as Webbers in 2002.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 15:16 (Ref:1363845)   #19
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Albers and Friesacher were pretty evenly matched in my book. Albers getting the nod but only by the slightest of margins.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 15:29 (Ref:1363856)   #20
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Webber showed clear potential at Minardi, in much the same way Trulli and Fisichella did in their days with the team.

It did not take me long to see what I thought was a special ability in Alonso at Minardi. So, when he got his drive at Renault, I was fully expecting him to do a top-drawer job. Which he has.

As for Albers.....I don't think he would be able to make it to championship level. He is certainly a decent driver, as others have mentioned, but not THAT good IMHO.

But that is all it can ever be, an opinion on a rather limited foundation.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 16:57 (Ref:1363925)   #21
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Albers f1 champion? i'll believe it when i see it...

however he could have a decent career in f1 if he gets the right offers... he has done well so far but nothing to suggest that he has the same potential as say Alonso....
Old 26 Jul 2005, 22:12 (Ref:1364171)   #22
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso made an immediate impression at melbourne 2001. I'm not sure how much mileage he'd had in an F1 car up to that point, but it wasn't a lot and he went and outqualified Tarso Marques (who had previous f1 experience) by over 2.5 seconds.

FA often picked off some of the more established drivers with more competitive machinery throughout 2001 in both qualifying and races. ...Remember Barcelona when he outraced both the Benettons. Yes Benetton were struggling but aged just 19 we were already seeing the hallmarks of a potential champion.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 22:40 (Ref:1364195)   #23
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Mind you, it's very difficult to tell until a driver gets a shot in a top F1 team. Who would have picked out Damon Hill as a potential champion in F3000 or at Brabham? And, conversely, who wouldn't have looked at Martin Brundle or Jean Alesi in the junior formulae and seen them as multiple race-winners and probable champions?
Old 26 Jul 2005, 23:03 (Ref:1364220)   #24
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Dutch chap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose Albers is a decent F1 driver. He'll do his job, but I don't expect him to deliver something exceptional. Just wait for Doornbos to get settled.....(and he's not a future F1 champion either, but will crush Albers).
Old 27 Jul 2005, 00:45 (Ref:1364264)   #25
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
To be honest, I can't really remember what Alonso did in the Minardi. Did he score any points? Was Webber really so impressive in the Minardi? He was kind of lucky in Melbourne, with all those retirements... He didn't do anything else that season and everybody knows it's not that difficult to overshadow Alex Yoong in F1.
Gerben24- No Alonso didn't score any points but that doesn't matter- He thrashed a vastly more experienced team-mate even though he was only 19 and the 3rd youngest driver in F1. His best ever race was at Suzuka where he claimed 11th place from 16 finishers.

And yes, Webber really was impressive in the Minardi. Ok, there was many retirements in Melbourne, but Webber wasn't one of the 7 drivers who crashed at the first corner, and he qualified 18th from 22 runners, ahead of both Jaguars. And you say he didn't do anything else that season, yet he did! He came home 11th at Monaco, and finished 8th at Magny-Cours, UNLAPPED!! But you are right about one thing, everybody does know it's not difficult to overshwadow Alex Yoong in F1.