Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 21 Jun 2012, 19:43 (Ref:3096091)   #51
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post
I wish more people could realise that a 6 hour race is much better value for money than a grand prix with much more action! Surely I'm not the only who feels like this?
I think you're preaching to the converted here. I looked at the ticket prices and a weekend camping, and it was very good value for money - and still cheaper than a F1 GP ticket.
Old 21 Jun 2012, 19:45 (Ref:3096093)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
as a sprint race circuit monkey, it's more having to free yourself from the need to sit in front of the racing for the entire length of the race that i find difficult

Well, most of the time I don't!
Old 21 Jun 2012, 19:46 (Ref:3096094)   #53
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No argument from me! It's a no-brainer....... But you have to free yourself from the indoctrination that motor racing = F1......
I feel that is a fairly recent thing, there was a time when on, say, Grandstand, thy would have BTCC, BSB, F3, WRC, Rallycross, etc
Even on Radio, they mentioned non F1 news, nowadays, Non!
Old 21 Jun 2012, 20:00 (Ref:3096097)   #54
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I've tried to find out, but there's no trace of any timetables yet. I assume it'll be the classic endurance racers as usual.
Classic Endurance is indeed supporting at Silverstone, they even have a provisional entry list available:

http://www.peter-auto-racing.com/ima...rstone_CER.pdf

Note the two Matra 670s on that list - the entire entry fee for the weekend and the fuel costs are worth it for those V12s!
Old 21 Jun 2012, 20:07 (Ref:3096103)   #55
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
I feel that is a fairly recent thing, there was a time when on, say, Grandstand, thy would have BTCC, BSB, F3, WRC, Rallycross, etc
Even on Radio, they mentioned non F1 news, nowadays, Non!
If there was actually a demand I'm sure they would...

If more people showed up to series like WEC and millions around the world watched it instead of F1, I'm sure you would see coverage of it.
Old 21 Jun 2012, 20:11 (Ref:3096106)   #56
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post
I wish more people could realise that a 6 hour race is much better value for money than a grand prix with much more action! Surely I'm not the only who feels like this?
F1 appears to have created a product that people outside of internet forums or local race meetings for whatever reason care about and follow passionately in mass numbers. Same applies for NASCAR in the U.S., V8 Supercars in Australia, BTCC in the United Kingdom or DTM in Germany.

If sports car racing can do the same, I'd be a very happy man.
Old 21 Jun 2012, 20:56 (Ref:3096123)   #57
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
F1 appears to have created a product that people outside of internet forums or local race meetings for whatever reason care about and follow passionately in mass numbers. Same applies for NASCAR in the U.S., V8 Supercars in Australia, BTCC in the United Kingdom or DTM in Germany.

If sports car racing can do the same, I'd be a very happy man.
The way things are going with more potential manufacturers showing interest in P1 programs, this may become the case. Having the mainstream media will also ramp up support, yet there is not much coverage at the moment.

I also feel with the plethora of young drivers finding they cannot make (for purely financial reasons, but are good enough nonetheless) it to F1 settling into sportscars raises the quality and also the popularity of the discipline. We are beginning to see emerging young stars good enough for F1 prospering in sportscars/DTM etc. which is a good thing in my mind.
Old 22 Jun 2012, 12:48 (Ref:3096387)   #58
tje23
Rookie

United Kingdom
Staffordshire, UK
tje23 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone WEC Rumours and Speculation

I'm aware there are many other threads surrounding this year's WEC event at Silverstone, but I don't believe there are any surrounding the rumours and speculation abotu cars and teams entering. For example, a second Vantage GTE, a second Toyota? ELMS cars on the grid? If you have any answers, or any questions, please feel free to post them here!
Old 22 Jun 2012, 13:02 (Ref:3096390)   #59
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Sorry, but I see no reason to start another topic when this topic has a very limited number of posts.
Old 22 Jun 2012, 13:13 (Ref:3096397)   #60
tje23
Rookie

United Kingdom
Staffordshire, UK
tje23 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Sorry, but I see no reason to start another topic when this topic has a very limited number of posts.
Other threads are talking more about the event itself and spectator numbers, and not necessarily these issues themselves. I respect your decision however, and you do best.
Old 22 Jun 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3096436)   #61
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Timeschedule also available on Peter's site: http://www.peter-auto-racing.com/ima...stone_2012.pdf

Looking to make it the 10th event that I attend out of the last 11 ILMC/WEC races.
Old 22 Jun 2012, 15:21 (Ref:3096444)   #62
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
awesome, thanks coach ep

glad to see there's no shenanigans with limited tracktime. do they always split lmp and lmgte qualifying out like that?
Old 22 Jun 2012, 15:30 (Ref:3096448)   #63
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I certainly remember them doing it last year bella.....
Old 22 Jun 2012, 15:40 (Ref:3096451)   #64
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it's fair play considering it's a short circuit in comparison to le mans! what sort of field split can we expect, around half prototypes and half... not?

around how many cars in total are we expecting to turn up?
Old 22 Jun 2012, 15:47 (Ref:3096454)   #65
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be there if i'm not working
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 22 Jun 2012, 15:58 (Ref:3096458)   #66
jo1998sh
Rookie

United Kingdom
jo1998sh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would put the entry list at at least 34

All WEC entries plus possible entries:

26 Signatech
32 Lotus
35 Oak
99 AMR
Old 22 Jun 2012, 16:19 (Ref:3096462)   #67
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
the 26 signatech is a definite, they said they'd be doing the rest of the year at spa. coming off the back of their le mans result i think that's good news for the pointy end of the lmp2 class.
Old 22 Jun 2012, 17:47 (Ref:3096494)   #68
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in my opinion also JMW #66 will get inside the silverstone race in gt-pro, maybe the #99 too
Old 22 Jun 2012, 17:57 (Ref:3096499)   #69
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Timeschedule also available on Peter's site: http://www.peter-auto-racing.com/ima...stone_2012.pdf

Looking to make it the 10th event that I attend out of the last 11 ILMC/WEC races.
Thanks mate!
Old 17 Jul 2012, 18:12 (Ref:3107646)   #70
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
At least one ELMS team will be racing at Silverstone: Murphy Prototypes confirmed as of now.

Brendon Hartley is carving himself a bit of a reputation in endurance racing, isn't he? The kid done good so far and it looks like he'll be staying with the team at least for the rest of the season...
Old 17 Jul 2012, 20:17 (Ref:3107707)   #71
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They might have a tough time keeping hold of him after giving him his launching pad.
Old 17 Jul 2012, 20:44 (Ref:3107713)   #72
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Earlier, 2nd Greaves Zytek already announced for LMP2 http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100864

Wouldn't be surprised to see Status in LMP2 too although Lola situation could hamper that a bit. Also not expecting Pescarolo showing up with their troublesome 03.

So entries could be up to 36/37

WEC regulars (minus Pesca #16?)
+
LMP2
26 Signatech
30 Status ?
32 Lotus ?
35 Oak ?
42 Greaves

GTE-Am
99 AMR/Beechdean

Last edited by Coach Ep; 17 Jul 2012 at 20:52.
Old 7 Aug 2012, 21:11 (Ref:3117281)   #73
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets arrived this morning.

Less than three weeks to go!
Old 8 Aug 2012, 09:36 (Ref:3117493)   #74
ep16
Rookie

ep16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but three AMR run V8 Vantages in GTE of which two are in GTE-AM http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/fia-we...ugust_373.html
Old 8 Aug 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3117504)   #75
Coach Ep
Veteran

Entry List http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...ilverstone.pdf

Don't think we're going to see the second Gulf Racing Lola, injured drivers, spare parts becoming more expensive (and rare) + some underwhelming performances by #29 in earlier races could force that car out.