Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 6 Sep 2012, 19:48 (Ref:3132162)   #1001
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Yep.
Me too.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 13:04 (Ref:3134798)   #1002
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
No, but then I bought a Saturday only ticket 'on the gate' having decided my weekend was compromised from the start.
I guess online purchasers got surveyed, as they at least provided address details?
I've been going for years, and TBH I avoid the food outlets from long experience. But that's like saying I try not to eat at Motorway Service Areas. The food is likely to be less than you would like, and cost way more than you would like...

I DO buy coffee, as I find I have enough to carry, without the hassle of a flask as well. That's OK. Ish. £2 is steep for Nescafe in a tiny styrofoam cup, but at least it's warm and wet. But I would love Costa/Starbucks to get in there! I'd pay more, if it was decent. I know Costa have trailer/caravan outlets, I've met them at festivals/fairs over the years.

Wing Access? It's pretty much a half hour Route March from the Club Inside to Club Outside, whichever way you go. The buses are good, but soon get swamped. Saturday Evening, it was starting to drizzle, and the buses stopped running VERY soon after things ended. I was surrounded by loads of inadequately dressed families, until we got stopped in The Loop area by a bus supervisor who pulled a VIP bus in, and ushered us all onboard. Thanks for that, but the bus only went to the car park by the Wellington Straight. Several voices were asking "How do we get to the Car Park?" as it wasn't obvious from there, if you don't know the place...

So, run buses longer. And provide Pedestrian Signage (Perhaps with distances marked on the 'fingers'?) around the circuit? Otherwise, the One Off dayout trippers may not come back. I thought we wanted MORE punters?

One final thought? Provide bus stops logically? Near a Coffee Outlet, next to a working toilet? Many of those families I saw had small kids (They had their WEC Bang Sticks and were using them enthusiastically). But it was always a LONG way to find a loo... The organisers obviously had never had 3 year old kids in tow!