Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 14 May 2004, 18:25 (Ref:971139)   #1
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
** All Members Please Read **

hi all

we've got some fairly substantial changes happening around here, and now all the details have been confirmed we can let you guys into the secret.

the big change is the forum's splitting. there's two very different sides to this forum at the moment, which made it relatively easy where to draw the line in the sand. we will be creating a club single seaters forum, which will include ff1600, monoposto, jedi and anything around there. the original forum will be renamed "national and international single seaters and will include everything else. over a period of time, topics will be transferred over, so just bear with us for a while cause we do have lives too

myself and the rest of the team will be happy to answer any questions you have regarding the split and management of each of the individual forums. we hope we have your support on this, and hope you'll all continue to be part of the single seaters forums.

please feel free to email me (using the linky thing on my profile) with positive or constructive feedback, and i look forward to seeing both forums prosper

ttfn,

bella
Old 14 May 2004, 18:52 (Ref:971163)   #2
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
a schism? how groovy
Old 14 May 2004, 19:27 (Ref:971200)   #3
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Found Club Single Seaters yet everyone?
Old 14 May 2004, 23:03 (Ref:971382)   #4
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it goint to be added to the menu on the front screen? I have to do an extra click now

I shall have to move to Formula Renault to minimise this clicking!
Old 14 May 2004, 23:08 (Ref:971391)   #5
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you popping up to Oulton later today JD?
Old 14 May 2004, 23:12 (Ref:971395)   #6
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure it will be added in due course. Do you subscribe to the forums JD?
Old 15 May 2004, 07:47 (Ref:971530)   #7
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't understand the need for this change,may cause more confusion than before? In the UK it is often difficult to distinguish between 'national' and 'club'The same championships may run at both status meetings.Does this mean for instance that the ARP F3 series in in a different forum to the Btitish F3 one?
Old 15 May 2004, 15:09 (Ref:971751)   #8
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a good change.
Old 16 May 2004, 00:02 (Ref:972011)   #9
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by diz
Are you popping up to Oulton later today JD?
Nah - would like to have come up, but been flat out today with work + car - only just come in from garage!

Shame I missed it though - sounded like a good one, locals tripping over each other and Edgar picking up he pieces!
Old 16 May 2004, 07:51 (Ref:972126)   #10
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob29
Don't understand the need for this change,may cause more confusion than before? In the UK it is often difficult to distinguish between 'national' and 'club'The same championships may run at both status meetings.Does this mean for instance that the ARP F3 series in in a different forum to the Btitish F3 one?
It would help avoid a lot of confusion.

At this moment there already are a lot of threads that forget to mention the name of the series.
And there are lots of lower level threads that do mention part of the name of the national or club level series whilst forgetting to mention the country involved.

I visit this forum to read about international series like F3000, Formula Nippon, Nissan World Series etc.
And I have no problem with seeing threads about some national F3 series in between. But all those threads about lower level series seriously do obscure the picture for me.
Old 16 May 2004, 09:29 (Ref:972169)   #11
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Don K
I visit this forum to read about international series like F3000, Formula Nippon, Nissan World Series etc.
And I have no problem with seeing threads about some national F3 series in between. But all those threads about lower level series seriously do obscure the picture for me.
This is probably why the split has happened. It's a shame you feel that lower level series seriously obscure the picture for you. Without lower level series, there wouldn't be any international series.

It's just like the real world. If you only ever read a certain section of your newspaper, you will never have a full understanding of what is happening out there.
Old 16 May 2004, 10:59 (Ref:972321)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
We have moved a large number of the older topics over to the new forum which is quite a time consuming business. If there are others that you would like to see moved then please PM one of the forum mods with details of why and a link to the topic in question.
Old 16 May 2004, 11:44 (Ref:972386)   #13
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by diz
This is probably why the split has happened. It's a shame you feel that lower level series seriously obscure the picture for you. Without lower level series, there wouldn't be any international series.
I know.
Lower level series provide the drivers that might race in a national series.
Higher level national series provide drivers that might race in international series.
International series provide drivers that might race in series like F1, CART, IRL etc.
But that doesn't mean I have to read about Argentinian Formula Renault or Kazachstani Formula Ford or French Karting.

I like F1.
So I read about International Series.
And I sometimes read about some national F3 series.
(I would not like to read about the other 20 national F3 series.)
And it's no problem for me to skip the threads about Formula Renault and Formula Ford etc.

So for me, it's very nice that the club level series have "grown" enough to get their own forum.

It would be nice if every thread would somehow anounce in it's title, exactly which series it is talking about.
But now that this forum only deals with international and national series, it's no big problem for me if people sometimes forget that.

Quote:
It's just like the real world. If you only ever read a certain section of your newspaper, you will never have a full understanding of what is happening out there.
In a newspaper, I sometimes see articles with headings like "Smith wins in Berlin".

In such a case, I would like the heading to tell me what sport it is about.

But sometimes, after reading the article I don't even know whether Smith is a swimmer, or a chess player, or a mathematician, or a politician, ...
Old 16 May 2004, 15:46 (Ref:972603)   #14
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A brilliant scheme - well done Bella & Craig!

Keep up the good work, etc etc
Old 17 May 2004, 07:15 (Ref:973011)   #15
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good choice
Old 17 May 2004, 13:49 (Ref:973342)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
we did it because the traffic that ff1600 in particular gets can justify it. hopefully this will up participation and traffic in *this* forum as well as the club one.

it honestly wasn't a personal thing, it was just that threads for this topic were swamped by ff1600 ones which aren't of interest to 95% of the "old" people who visited before the 1600 field descended.

i'm pleased with the way it's all turned out
Old 21 May 2004, 13:28 (Ref:977711)   #17
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Question - where do you post a topic that is relevant to both national and international racing, and club series? eg circuits and facilities etc, which most people experience?
Old 21 May 2004, 13:54 (Ref:977738)   #18
Revracing
Racer

Revracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would the racers forum do that?

Steve McQueen
Old 21 May 2004, 14:24 (Ref:977772)   #19
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Yes, I would agree - either Racers or Trackside (depending on the nature of the post) would be the best bet.
Old 21 May 2004, 14:42 (Ref:977790)   #20
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
before the 1600 field descended.
you make it sound like an infestation