Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Aug 2005, 13:24 (Ref:1388349)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
LMES - Nürburgring race thread

Infoscourse published the entry list... 49 opponents, and two Judd Dallaras !

The Nissan engine is out, and Martin didn't give news about his partnership with the japanese factory...

14 cars in P2, and still no pilot for the GNM Saleen. The Gruppe-M Porsche won't be there.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 13:25 (Ref:1388351)   #2
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Ahem... any possibility to have a dry race, please ?
Old 22 Aug 2005, 13:42 (Ref:1388370)   #3
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Not at the Nürburgring....but you can add fog and cold tempertures..
Old 22 Aug 2005, 14:12 (Ref:1388383)   #4
RobertPrange
Racer

Germany
Germany
RobertPrange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Probably not , i am happy if we dont get snow interruptions
Old 22 Aug 2005, 14:36 (Ref:1388410)   #5
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
McNish/Ortelli for the ORECA Audi? I thought Nishie had said Silverstone was his last race in an R8?
Old 22 Aug 2005, 14:47 (Ref:1388419)   #6
Dauer 962
Veteran

Never say never...

Silverstone tasted really good to McNish.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 15:00 (Ref:1388436)   #7
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Great news, if true. I hope Dave Maraj gives him a run at PLM too. Was there ever a faster R8 pilot than McNish?
Old 22 Aug 2005, 15:08 (Ref:1388445)   #8
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertPrange
Probably not , i am happy if we dont get snow interruptions
Dont say that too loudly ..... we had snow in Innsbruck last week !!!
Old 22 Aug 2005, 15:29 (Ref:1388469)   #9
Dauer 962
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
I hope Dave Maraj gives him a run at PLM too.
Not possible, PLM matches with DTM Istanbul race.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 15:58 (Ref:1388496)   #10
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Damn. I guess Champion will just run two drivers per car at Petit Le Mans, then.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 16:19 (Ref:1388516)   #11
Dauer 962
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
Damn. I guess Champion will just run two drivers per car at Petit Le Mans, then.
Yes, thus also no chance to Kristensen or Kaffer back in the R8 at PLM.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 16:46 (Ref:1388538)   #12
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Audi teams almost always run two drivers per car at Petit and the 1000K type events. So it would have been out of the norm either way.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 18:39 (Ref:1388607)   #13
Bernard Bram
Racer

Bernard Bram has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hm, Prototypes at the Ring, that reminds me of:

**** poor weather as always . I miss the car.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1388612)   #14
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Bram
I miss the car.
Me too
Old 22 Aug 2005, 22:20 (Ref:1388778)   #15
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to hear that the Judd is out of the other Dallara... another fantastic entry and its great to have McNish back in the ORECA Audi. Hopefully we get some good dry running this time at least at the beginning of the race.
Old 24 Aug 2005, 13:02 (Ref:1390172)   #16
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauer 962
Not possible, PLM matches with DTM Istanbul race.
I'm pretty sure Istanbul's been bumped into November (so another cold wet race then...) precisely to avoid the clash with PLM / Laguna Seca.
Old 24 Aug 2005, 13:10 (Ref:1390176)   #17
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
I'm pretty sure Istanbul's been bumped into November (so another cold wet race then...) precisely to avoid the clash with PLM / Laguna Seca.

Sorry mate - I think you're confusing the LMES Istanbul race (which has been moved) with the DTM race (which hasn't
Old 24 Aug 2005, 13:15 (Ref:1390178)   #18
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
Sorry mate - I think you're confusing the LMES Istanbul race (which has been moved) with the DTM race (which hasn't
Fair point, well made. Serves me right for scanning posts rather than reading them properly...
Old 24 Aug 2005, 13:35 (Ref:1390199)   #19
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Can you please tell me which date the LMES in Istanbul has been moved too Graham ?
Old 24 Aug 2005, 14:26 (Ref:1390243)   #20
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After Spa (2x) this year I think I can breath under water already, Nuerburgring, here we come!!!! The 49 entries list looks pretty strong....
Old 24 Aug 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1390258)   #21
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Istanbul LMES is Nov 4-6 - I thought you were one of our readers Badger? If so you may have missed the calendar function on dsc - if not no problem.
Old 24 Aug 2005, 14:57 (Ref:1390259)   #22
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Were the Group C events affected by this much rain, or did they organise their schedule a bit better? Last year I believe three of the four LMES events had rain and this year has been no better.
Old 24 Aug 2005, 15:07 (Ref:1390263)   #23
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well, there were more Group C races in a season, so I suppose the odds were better on having some dry running.
Old 24 Aug 2005, 15:15 (Ref:1390265)   #24
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Istanbul LMES is Nov 4-6 - I thought you were one of our readers Badger? If so you may have missed the calendar function on dsc - if not no problem.
I am mate , just missed it is all ..... and not surprised after last night . Im never drinking beer again !!! Cheers
Old 1 Sep 2005, 16:38 (Ref:1396537)   #25
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
lack of interrest ?

I was so sorry for this forgotten thread that I rated it five stars and stuck it...