Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Dec 2016, 09:32 (Ref:3692639)   #576
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10TENTHS View Post
The scholarship final invites are limited to drivers aged 14-25. Will Brown (coincidentally also the F4 champion) gets the Aus FF slot: http://usf2000.com/news/field-set-fo...rship-shootout
Not impressed by that list-no females-beaten by an older woman hardly qualifies? Alya Agren only Norewgean race driver I have heard of was doing well in F2000series-maybe she can move into Indylights.
Old 1 Dec 2016, 10:00 (Ref:3692644)   #577
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That older woman is ineligible to participate.

Mr Brown will make the most of the opportunity however.
Old 1 Dec 2016, 13:28 (Ref:3692690)   #578
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Guys, lighten up a bit, the bickering really isn't necessary.

Some of you seem to spend so much time on your keyboards semanticising over what is a suitable championship I'm starting to wonder if I might need to explain what a woman is...
Old 2 Dec 2016, 14:43 (Ref:3693051)   #579
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
Not impressed by that list-no females
I was just linking to clarify who was chosen from Australian Formula Ford, that's all. Nothing wrong with Tander winning but she doesn't plan to continue racing anyway. I did point out he was the F4 champion, and Formula Ford is not a spec series, her car might have been inherently faster for all I know - not to mention Brown missed 3 of the 18 races contested. Back on topic, Agren is trying to raise sponsorship to race in 2017.

Courtney Crone won a scholarship to compete in the Formula Car Challenge: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/C...id=n_w14rL6ec8

It's not a major series in itself but should she win the title there, further scholarship opportunities open up for a path to IMSA and Indycar sanctioned motorsport.
Old 3 Dec 2016, 05:35 (Ref:3693256)   #580
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
I'm starting to wonder if I might need to explain what a woman is...
Ha...
Old 1 Oct 2018, 01:38 (Ref:3853694)   #581
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just going to leave this here. Interested to see what criteria it misses.

Also, another Australian championship to a woman last week. A middle-aged mother of 3. Yeah, not 'racing' but I'll back Corrine East-Johnston against any keyboard warrior.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-0...mpion/10324092
Old 1 Oct 2018, 03:38 (Ref:3853704)   #582
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Ana Carrasco - female motorcycle World Champion.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...otorbike-rider

Think this one qualifies no matter how you try and break it up!
Old 1 Oct 2018, 04:04 (Ref:3853706)   #583
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Flick Haigh won the British GT championship outright, the other week.

Although since she shared the car, I think that would rule her out
Old 1 Oct 2018, 10:22 (Ref:3853782)   #584
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Still it was a great achievement for both of them
Old 7 Jan 2019, 11:34 (Ref:3874431)   #585
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Old 7 Jan 2019, 12:15 (Ref:3874443)   #586
Umai Naa
Veteran

So who's actually cooked in the head?
Old 8 Jan 2019, 00:18 (Ref:3874600)   #587
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Mr Morris is an unusual person to say the least if you have ever met him and had a conversation. Shame there's not more people like him around...

Interesting to see that she is happy to help and hasn't been completely burned by the industry....
Old 8 Jan 2019, 02:48 (Ref:3874621)   #588
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given how fit shes been looking lately, I'd say she'd perform quite well with the right package or equipment.
Old 8 Jan 2019, 03:02 (Ref:3874626)   #589
Umai Naa
Veteran

She was significantly fitter when she had a gig.

Her IG account doesn't suggest much time in the gym these days.
Old 8 Jan 2019, 06:22 (Ref:3874657)   #590
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Hard to tell how fit she is when most of the pics on her Insta show her chest and not much else..just sayin..

Regardless of all that- it appears she’s moved on from racing. Maybe she’s happier. Fair enough.
Old 9 Jan 2019, 00:14 (Ref:3874837)   #591
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
She is. Says in the first bit there that he is a good teacher and helped her a lot, then the next bit says she had no one ( to help her ). Make up your mind woman!!

It's people like here that do other women trying to get a break absolutely no favours at all. Rocks in as " the woman who is the real deal", then does the air-head bimbo thing, soaks up megabucks in sponsorship, gets decent equipment but no results, wrecks some cars, then decides it isn't her thing and vanishes. And people wonder why a lot of men don't give women a chance in motorsport.

Then you've got people who can actually drive and have actual talent and dedication to the sport, like Heimgartner, who this year might not be on the grid simply because of lack of sponsorship.

If I had money, I know who I'd be giving it too, and it wouldn't be the next Barbie doll that thinks she wants to be a race car driver.
Old 9 Jan 2019, 00:58 (Ref:3874844)   #592
Umai Naa
Veteran

The thing is, she's inadvertently prevented others like Ms Angelo from processing, because she was the one in the lime light, minus the results.
Old 9 Jan 2019, 02:27 (Ref:3874858)   #593
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
She is. Says in the first bit there that he is a good teacher and helped her a lot, then the next bit says she had no one ( to help her ). Make up your mind woman!!
i’ll bite. it makes sense. you can learn from someone professionally, but they can also absolutely not have your back or support you. that doesn’t mean unconditional “there there, you’ll be faster next weekend”, it’s that thing really good engineers do where they make the driver feel like they will find progress, and help them find time. i’m sure we all work with people that we can learn from but who we struggle to get on with. from a female in motorsport perspective, i find often when a guy simply has no idea how to work with and develop a standard working relationship with a woman. if you’re the only woman in the team it can easily feel incredibly lonely and isolating, guys can be really weird about it.

as for the idea of her “preventing” other women from progressing in the sport, may i suggest that’s the fault of the sport, not the woman? does a non-race winning male driver’s lack of success hinder other men from competing? does he heck.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 01:55 (Ref:3875102)   #594
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
you can learn from someone professionally, but they can also absolutely not have your back or support you.
Seen even worse, the type that would stab you in the back with the same hand they pat you on the back with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
as for the idea of her “preventing” other women from progressing in the sport, may i suggest that’s the fault of the sport, not the woman? does a non-race winning male driver’s lack of success hinder other men from competing? does he heck.
This is all on the sport, and I've witnessed this from the non-competing side of it. Unfortunately we can campaign all we want for equality and call people out for the behaviour, but that behaviour and attitude is so inbred into some people you can't just can't change them.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 18:01 (Ref:3875318)   #595
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what ever happened to Hayley Swanson, she was given a go in the V8 Utes and Aussie Racers but never amounted to much, we used to compete against her in the Winton Sprints, she seemed to me that modeling was more important than car racing. I was never sure where her passion was - I know she LOVED the photographers - https://www.starnow.com.au/hayleyswanson

https://www.driverdb.com/drivers/hayley-swanson/

'Supercar Showdown,' reality television series, 2011
Old 10 Jan 2019, 19:33 (Ref:3875341)   #596
Umai Naa
Veteran

I think she still does club level racing.
Old 10 Jan 2019, 20:54 (Ref:3875360)   #597
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think she still does club level racing.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Jan 2019, 00:53 (Ref:3875394)   #598
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
I took that comment to mean she didn't have a woman helping her, as the question asked in the pic was asking whether she'd help young females in racing
Old 11 Jan 2019, 14:52 (Ref:3875503)   #599
Umai Naa
Veteran

Paul Morris shared some interesting stuff on Instagram this evening
Old 11 Jan 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3875534)   #600
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Paul Morris shared some interesting stuff on Instagram this evening
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House