Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Oct 2003, 13:49 (Ref:764556)   #51
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Ron dennis has found a way to get David a bit more focused on performance
Old 28 Oct 2003, 09:11 (Ref:765491)   #52
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by climb
If JV goes to Macs, well, DC cannot sleep quietly, cos he risks to lose his race seat, should the canadian outrun him steadily.
Not too much fear of that - Wurz, DC and Kimi are all very fast... I sincererly doubt that JV would make much of an impression at that team at this stage in his career.
Old 29 Oct 2003, 14:33 (Ref:766999)   #53
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe it's not all total rubbish,
McLaren spokewswoman: "We have been approached by Jacques Villeneuve with regards to a role with the team in 2004. However, no meaningful discussions have taken place."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/3223831.stm
Old 29 Oct 2003, 18:46 (Ref:767249)   #54
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No contract for JV???
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...29170505.shtml
Old 29 Oct 2003, 18:57 (Ref:767264)   #55
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are we still talking about this?
his record after the WDC has just been lack luster, blame team or cars or whatever, but Jenson out drove him, and well he lost his ride BEFORE the last race, let the chap surprise us with something, and lets never bring him up again until his next win- or well podium.
Old 29 Oct 2003, 19:05 (Ref:767270)   #56
speedbump
Racer

Canada
Toronto
speedbump should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes we're still talking about him.
Isn't it great.
Old 29 Oct 2003, 19:13 (Ref:767281)   #57
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by speedbump
Yes we're still talking about him.
Isn't it great.
You must be daef if you can't hear that resounding NO from the crowd.

He's gone and with the greatest respect to his fans (some of whom I care about) good riddance.
Old 29 Oct 2003, 20:37 (Ref:767357)   #58
Yunis
Rookie

Yunis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
god whats with all this JV bashing? schumacher is a level above rubens, yet if the car does not suit michael, ie at a particular track etc.. rubens oftens get the upper hand, like silverstone. etc

Jenson and his driving style suited the bar chassis better than JV's period!! jenson is a very smooth driver, like damon hill and prost were, jv is somewhat different stlye and likes a stiff car...the bar chassis required a smooth style to get the maximu out of it!

Last edited by Yunis; 29 Oct 2003 at 20:39.
Old 29 Oct 2003, 22:52 (Ref:767536)   #59
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard a report on the radio this morning that JV has asked for a testing role at McLaren. Whether there's any truth to that is up for question considering it was on a radio station!
Old 30 Oct 2003, 07:37 (Ref:767790)   #60
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yunis, the difference is that at the end of the day, Michael delivered the results. Not just over a season.

It's unfortunate for JV, but BAR obviously decide that they could get another driver who can duplicate, if not better, the results JV had delivered so far at half that money. And BAR isn't exactly the richest team in the sports and one can never have too much money for developing your car especially when you are a mid-field team.

JV didn't produce the results as expected for a few seasons and that has naturally made everyone question if JV is still a good choice for a driver. Nothing to cry foul about when you consider how many drivers had gotten even worse "bootings" from their team.
Old 30 Oct 2003, 09:02 (Ref:767854)   #61
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gt_R, to strenghten your assessment,
I guess that Sato's salary will be way less than JV's half
Old 3 Nov 2003, 00:25 (Ref:771088)   #62
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to hear you opinion on Jacques, Bambino. Do you consider him worthy?

Because I certainly do!
Old 3 Nov 2003, 05:59 (Ref:771220)   #63
Monza Bambino
Rookie

Monza Bambino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordi
I'd like to hear you opinion on Jacques, Bambino. Do you consider him worthy?

Because I certainly do!
Sure..he's a worthy F1 driver, it deeply annoys me that Williams couldn't provide him with machinery beyond 97, of course this gave DC, and Mika opportunities, which Mika capitalized on.

Anyone who can win WDC should be supported by genuine F1 fans, JV proved he could win and should be given access to WDC capable car, as it turned out, he was given garbage at Bar.

JV has earned the nickname of "Cheques", some feel he went to Bar for cash and didn't care whether or not machine would be WDC capable as long as big$$$ kept comming in.
Old 3 Nov 2003, 09:27 (Ref:771324)   #64
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
moved the Villeneuve stuff to a Vileeneuve thread

Old 3 Nov 2003, 09:48 (Ref:771329)   #65
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Williams can't fully be blamed for Jaques not staying though can they? The details are hazy to me now, but I think I'm right in saying that he wanted far too much money - and also, as Patrick Head recntly confirmed, williams weren't all that impressed with his 97 performance anyway... Head says that he made it very hard for himself, was very willful and unhelpful when it came to car set up, and very nearly wasted the chance in the best car of the year.
Old 3 Nov 2003, 13:15 (Ref:771524)   #66
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...and the fact of the rubbish Supertec engines.
Old 3 Nov 2003, 13:50 (Ref:771558)   #67
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
which rubbish Supertec engines? The ones in the Williams or the ones in the BAR?
Old 3 Nov 2003, 14:15 (Ref:771605)   #68
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
You must be daef if you can't hear that resounding NO from the crowd.

He's gone and with the greatest respect to his fans (some of whom I care about) good riddance.
I didn't expect to read an sweeping statement like that from you Peter.

Good Riddance? THis is a man who was second at the Indy 500 the first time round, first the second time, won the indycar championship, very very nearly won his first GP, and the world championship in his frist season. Then won it in his second.
Hes had a poor team since, and I don't blame him for becoming demotivated and tired of it all, think of how many engine failures hes had!
If Jacques was on form he would blow Button away, just like he used to with Frentzen.

Overall hes an exciting driver who a lot of people respect and admire.

Good riddance? Because Button had the better of him this year, and hes not at the front?
Old 3 Nov 2003, 14:33 (Ref:771633)   #69
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not at all Justin,

Its more a comment on what he's become. That and the fact that he seems to be taking over the board. *yawn*. Saying that though, he was good in cart but I never saw him as a great. And if the Patrick Head quote is accurate then I'm right.

When you go looking for sponsorship make sure you are impolite and uncaring about your sponsors. Then see how much money you get. The old "I'm Jaques and that's good enough" is an attitude that should never be tolerated.

So I hope that expansion helps you understand my position.

In the final analysis he was beaten by Button and it seems convenient for some people but he did say that if that were the case he'd retire. (Or words to that effect).

He also spent a lot of time and effort talking down his team mate when it would have been better to play the team card.

He's brought about his own downfall sadly. But it started some years ago.
Old 3 Nov 2003, 14:38 (Ref:771642)   #70
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
No, Justin,
everybody can win or lose at different stages of his career.
The problem is JV's behaviour in the last few years: arrogant, only fast in searching for excuses when losing , and charging someone else for that (chassis designers for instance).
With his silly declarations about Jenson (that nobody obliged him to do), well, he even proved he's not that genius, because it all eventually played against himself.
F1 will easily find a driver as good as him.
Old 3 Nov 2003, 21:47 (Ref:772075)   #71
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
F3lollipops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's only one place for JV to go in 2004 - AWAY