Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Dec 2020, 02:44 (Ref:4024042)   #51
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is becoming such a trope.

There is some real top draw talent in F1.

Next there is a huge chunk of good drivers, who could well be replaced by equally good drivers from lower formula or other series. These people sometimes last a short time or a few years in F1. Some stick around as it is hard to know if your potential replacement is better. Or maybe you don’t give them long enough ‘cus you are always chasing the next big thing. Magnussen and Grosjean are in this category and, frankly, nearer the bottom than the top of the category. They got a good few years. Well played.

Then there are a few drivers who shouldn’t really be there. Just like it’s been forever. And in other series.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 02:57 (Ref:4024044)   #52
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Odd thought. The Racing Point and the Red Bull factories aren’t that far apart so I
at least he knows the airports and M1!

What’s his first Aston task? Seat fitting? Sim work?
Old 20 Dec 2020, 10:03 (Ref:4024084)   #53
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I didnt follow f1 much in the time that bourdais went over there. I was under the impression he struggled quite a bit.
He didn't always make the best impression, but I remember his luck in 08 was quite shoddy. Everyone remembers Vettel's pole and win in the rain at Monza, yet Bourdais qualified fourth, yet his car refused to fire up off the grid. He really should have scored more than he did
Old 20 Dec 2020, 12:30 (Ref:4024105)   #54
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I thought Hartley deserved a second year to get comfortable and prove himself way more than kvyat deserved another chance.
But Hartley was just too slow.

Quote:
Kvyat brings russia money, doesn't he?
Not that I am aware of.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 12:44 (Ref:4024109)   #55
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The plain and simple fact is Gasly was lapped twice by Max in his 10 races at Red Bull, and Abon was also lapped twice by Max and also did not finish higher than 6th in a race that was won by Racing Point and had another Racing Point and a Renault on the podium
Old 20 Dec 2020, 12:57 (Ref:4024114)   #56
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Exactly Albon, should have been taking up the cudgels whenever Max hit trouble. Bottas has been more often than not up with Hamilton and he’s taken a couple of wins when things went wrong for Lewis. The only weekends Albon stepped up to the plate when Max hit trouble was Austria and Mugello
Old 20 Dec 2020, 13:04 (Ref:4024118)   #57
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
The plain and simple fact is Gasly was lapped twice by Max in his 10 races at Red Bull, and Abon was also lapped twice by Max and also did not finish higher than 6th in a race that was won by Racing Point and had another Racing Point and a Renault on the podium
True. But Max didn't win that either. Nor did he finish 6th or better.
That's also a plain and simple fact.

Nevertheless, I think Perez will be much closer to Verstappen than Albon or Gasly.
If he doesn't they all know the problem isn't Perez, Albon or Gasly but something with the car, the team or something deeply rotten within Red Bull itself.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 13:06 (Ref:4024119)   #58
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Albon didn't finish 6th in a race where Max finished 6th. Remarkable how 2 drivers can't finish in the same position.

I dunno. Can every thread stop being about a Max master class? I'm burnt out on it
Old 20 Dec 2020, 13:11 (Ref:4024121)   #59
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Exactly Albon, should have been taking up the cudgels whenever Max hit trouble. Bottas has been more often than not up with Hamilton and he’s taken a couple of wins when things went wrong for Lewis. The only weekends Albon stepped up to the plate when Max hit trouble was Austria and Mugello

I'm not too sure about Austria. Verstappen retired from the Austrian GP, with with a suspected electrical issue and Albon finished 9th and in the Styrian GP., he finished 4th behind Verstappen.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 13:29 (Ref:4024122)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Albon didn't finish 6th in a race where Max finished 6th. Remarkable how 2 drivers can't finish in the same position.

I dunno. Can every thread stop being about a Max master class? I'm burnt out on it
Likewise. It's like reading about the second coming in every other post.....
Old 20 Dec 2020, 14:18 (Ref:4024129)   #61
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

Now do hamilton....
Old 20 Dec 2020, 14:41 (Ref:4024142)   #62
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton's done his own masterclass for a number of seasons now.....
Old 20 Dec 2020, 15:01 (Ref:4024147)   #63
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Russell said "hold my beer" to that masterclass
Old 20 Dec 2020, 15:10 (Ref:4024149)   #64
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't recall seeing George and Lewis head to head. If you have a YouTube link to that I'd love to see it

Well done on turning this into the Lewis thread that you don't want.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 15:12 (Ref:4024150)   #65
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Yes Russell had one great race.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 23:12 (Ref:4024228)   #66
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I'm not too sure about Austria. Verstappen retired from the Austrian GP, with with a suspected electrical issue and Albon finished 9th and in the Styrian GP., he finished 4th behind Verstappen.

Actually he had that coming together with Lewis while challenging for second, then retired with mechanical failure
Old 21 Dec 2020, 00:23 (Ref:4024235)   #67
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Yes Russell had one great race.
Did he win?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 21 Dec 2020, 10:10 (Ref:4024306)   #68
S griffin
Veteran

He would have done if his team hadn't thrown it away for him. Although that puncture probably made it academic anyway
Old 21 Dec 2020, 10:45 (Ref:4024311)   #69
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
He would have done if his team hadn't thrown it away for him. Although that puncture probably made it academic anyway
He MIGHT have done. His teammate was catching at the time of the snafu. And I’m not convinced he would have beaten Perez anyway at the end. Might well have done but certainly not guaranteed.
Old 21 Dec 2020, 10:55 (Ref:4024313)   #70
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 21 Dec 2020, 16:07 (Ref:4024384)   #71
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post

I thought it was Checo?
Old 21 Dec 2020, 16:25 (Ref:4024388)   #72
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I thought it was Checo?
Yes, I think that every time I read the thread title and have been praying that someone would come along and correct it...
Old 21 Dec 2020, 16:35 (Ref:4024395)   #73
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Corrected
Old 21 Dec 2020, 16:41 (Ref:4024397)   #74
S griffin
Veteran

Of course we have to see if Red Bull can stay up there. Still haven’t seen the updated or newish cars in testing yet and therefore we have to see what happens. It’s a good driver lineup, but they need things to go well for them
Old 21 Dec 2020, 17:14 (Ref:4024407)   #75
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Of course we have to see if Red Bull can stay up there. Still haven’t seen the updated or newish cars in testing yet and therefore we have to see what happens. It’s a good driver lineup, but they need things to go well for them

Testing won't take place until next year, so you've got a bit of a wait and probably at Bahrain, according to this Autosport article.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...n-test-in-2021