Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 17 Oct 2023, 22:16 (Ref:4181876)   #326
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Apparently feeding time during the race lead to a wall of humans facing the same way
Old 17 Oct 2023, 22:43 (Ref:4181880)   #327
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 19 Oct 2023, 16:36 (Ref:4182044)   #328
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, just as a general recap of this year's Petit, here's some take aways:

1: Crowds were much larger this year than years past. I've never seen so many cars parked in the infield EVERYWHERE.

2: Road Atlanta crew were pretty slack at maintaining the rules of years past. Lots of things that were understood and clearly stated in documents were not enforced. Case in point, the number of canopies that were set up on Tuesday. In the past they were not allowed until Wednesday morning.

3: Grid walk was a complete Zoo. Fun but a zoo. Kind of related to #1. They could have done a better job at where they put the stage for driver introductions. It was located directly across from one of the entrances. People were slammed up against the walk over as people were trying to watch the intros.

4: Great track action. Between the weather changes and subsequent changes in track conditions, it was truly a challenge for the teams. GTP qualifying was a perfect example. I don't think they ever got it right.

5: Great race day weather. Iffy at the start but once the sun came out, it was truly perfect.

6: Much better hot pit access this year than last year. Not as good as years ago but still better since they did provide a walkway between the hot pit wall and the garages.

Can hardly wait till next year. Should be a major circus and hopefully the track will learn from this year's issues.
Old 20 Oct 2023, 22:51 (Ref:4182218)   #329
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I didn't notice you were sitting on the ground and now I feel bad.

Not as bad as I did on race day morning because I inexplicably stayed up until 2am.
Old 20 Oct 2023, 23:15 (Ref:4182220)   #330
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I assumed it was about midnight and thought it could have been worse. Until I got in the tent and looked.
Then all I could think was how me kid would be up at 7.
Old 20 Oct 2023, 23:19 (Ref:4182221)   #331
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I assumed it was about midnight and thought it could have been worse. Until I got in the tent and looked.
Then all I could think was how me kid would be up at 7.
Because your son was the most well behaved of all of us the entire weekend.
Old 21 Oct 2023, 00:29 (Ref:4182225)   #332
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 21 Oct 2023, 01:27 (Ref:4182231)   #333
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Shouts out to Pfaff for making my favorite sticker ever. It's perfect. They even got the Georgia State Patrol cruiser right.
Old 21 Oct 2023, 01:30 (Ref:4182232)   #334
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I blame UA for showing up on Friday. He always turns me into a chatty Cathy and Adam was an innocent bystander.
Old 21 Oct 2023, 01:49 (Ref:4182240)   #335
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Shouts out to Pfaff for making my favorite sticker ever. It's perfect. They even got the Georgia State Patrol cruiser right.
I found one of these in the car tonight unpacking. I have no recollection of getting it!

Although the house is full of other Pfaff merch! The boy’s cap, my shirt, a bag. We went mad. Master 43 wanted the cap because it had hexagons (the bestagons) on it (and it was Pfaff).

I am angry at the team for not having a Porsche and not having plaid next year.
Old 21 Oct 2023, 01:50 (Ref:4182241)   #336
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
I blame UA for showing up on Friday. He always turns me into a chatty Cathy and Adam was an innocent bystander.
Swept along in a wave of utter ******** talking.
Old 21 Oct 2023, 02:04 (Ref:4182242)   #337
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Talking of bestagons. This came from a YouTuber who does some great videos that boy 43 is into. Hexagons are the bestagons is good. How to efficiently get people on to a plane (the priority boarding isn’t that) is fun. A really good one that was useful for us newbies to the US and for us driving down to Road Atlanta.

https://youtu.be/8Fn_30AD7Pk?si=9-EQnVzibCWcwGfZ

Oh, and I95 is evil.
Old 21 Oct 2023, 18:26 (Ref:4182311)   #338
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I found one of these in the car tonight unpacking. I have no recollection of getting it!

Although the house is full of other Pfaff merch! The boy’s cap, my shirt, a bag. We went mad. Master 43 wanted the cap because it had hexagons (the bestagons) on it (and it was Pfaff).

I am angry at the team for not having a Porsche and not having plaid next year.
Props to Pfaff for giving that to you with every purchase, not on the display just free sticker and wishing I'd gone back for another
Old 22 Oct 2023, 02:38 (Ref:4182377)   #339
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Also, thanks to broad, I picked up another favorite sticker this year.
Old 22 Oct 2023, 03:29 (Ref:4182386)   #340
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, as soon as I saw that I thought well I'm gonna need a few of them.

And I've got to email Toronto Motorsports about getting a couple more of the Southbound stickers and order some others
Old 22 Oct 2023, 04:21 (Ref:4182399)   #341
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Yeah, as soon as I saw that I thought well I'm gonna need a few of them.

And I've got to email Toronto Motorsports about getting a couple more of the Southbound stickers and order some others
I'd totally buy the tshirts
Old 22 Oct 2023, 04:39 (Ref:4182402)   #342
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Swept along in a wave of utter ******** talking.
It was great. Honestly, my favorite thing as I grow older. "No regrats".
Old 22 Oct 2023, 19:08 (Ref:4182481)   #343
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Also, thanks to broad, I picked up another favorite sticker this year.
It's brilliant. As is this, thanks to Adam!

Good times!!
Old 22 Oct 2023, 20:00 (Ref:4182491)   #344
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Mine had taken residence in the truck box for race track use

And watching the F1 parade are we? Better, much better, than yesterday's sprint so far
Old 22 Oct 2023, 20:13 (Ref:4182496)   #345
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Petit Le Mans 2023

Getting ready for Stingy to be in F1 next year.

Be nice to see him in Red Bull, but they’d never let that happen. They want to protect Max and not give him any real challenge.

So it’ll have to be Ferrari. Hence the timing of that photo.
Old 5 Mar 2024, 19:32 (Ref:4200134)   #346
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South

Thought I would share this here...
Old 5 Mar 2024, 21:16 (Ref:4200155)   #347
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I think I like original T1 better, but watching the Audis take T1 full throttle and only hear the tires crying for mercy was impressive.
Old 6 Mar 2024, 03:26 (Ref:4200184)   #348
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
And what should pop up on my feed today
Old 6 Mar 2024, 07:42 (Ref:4200196)   #349
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Nice old fashioned track map there
Old 6 Mar 2024, 13:04 (Ref:4200221)   #350
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
It's the Real Thing. Road Atlanta.